Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

14 minutes ago, LFEFox23 said:

Few rumours doing the rounds on Twitter that Arsenal have had a bid accepted for Youri, Hopefully fake news!

Not if it’s £35m !

he’s not staying and the sooner he goes the quicker we can do business and avoid missing any targets 

just a shame he’s moving purely for money ……

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Not if it’s £35m !

he’s not staying and the sooner he goes the quicker we can do business and avoid missing any targets 

Exactly. Youri knows that by not signing a contract we have to sell, because we can't risk him going for free. 35M is a good offer considering we've got a losing hand. Sell and reinvest.

26 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Not if it’s £35m !

Where have you seen £35m? Only seeing £25m + Add-ons on Twitter, but nothing from anyone reliable yet.

Edited by CloudFox

19 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Where have you seen £35m? Only seeing £25m + Add-ons on Twitter, but nothing from anyone reliable yet.

Nowhere 

I just wrote that it wouldn’t be a bad thing of he goes for 35m. The original poster said it was bad news if he leaves. 
if it’s 25m then I’m not surprised but it’s a shame 

Just now, An Sionnach said:

One thing in Youri's favour is there are at least 50 on here working their arses off to try and find him another club.

Think those 50 have been making prank calls and delivering junk mail through his door?

58 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Great news. Then announce ElyounoussI is a done deal and it’s off to the DIY store to buy a length of rope.

Be quick as it will fly off the shelves quicker than you can kick a chair from under yourself!

Edited by woznotwos

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Think those 50 have been making prank calls and delivering junk mail through his door?

I dunno but I think we should be as laid back as Youri  is about it all. The overriding thing is if he does leave, we need a player of similar standing and ability to replace him.

31 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I dunno but I think we should be as laid back as Youri  is about it all. The overriding thing is if he does leave, we need a player of similar standing and ability to replace him.

So, on last seasons performances that means someone halfarsed, lazy and disinterested....

Shouldn't be that hard to find!

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Notice I didn't say attitude, his ability is without question and his standing is high , whether we think it should be or not , but his attitude is variable and suspect. I would trade Youri for somebody who may not be quite of the same ability but who is 100% committed every match.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

What? :facepalm::frusty:

I know this is a point of contention on here but sometimes Youri looks as though he would die for the cause and then looks near world class and then other times looks unfocused and careless often when we need him on his game. There is no easy answer to this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Old Fox said:

Personally he’s been a fantastic signing and we should not forget he was consistently played - the amount of football he has played has definitely impacted his performance levels and was not the only player who dropped his standards - I am not convinced he has a bad attitude at all!

IF he leaves then I wish him all the best and will have enjoyed watching a very talented player provide us with some great memories - it could be that he just needs a new challenge or be waiting to see what comes his way but I think some of the vilification on his unnecessary.

Over the last 40+years he has been one of the best midfielders we have had or I have seen and will go on to be a success elsewhere although I still believe the club will try to convince him to stay.

Sadly its wishful thinking mate. He’ll be an Arsenal player this time next week I reckon. 

3 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

I know this is a point of contention on here but sometimes Youri looks as though he would die for the cause and then looks near world class and then other times looks unfocused and careless often when we need him on his game. There is no easy answer to this.

i think you are spot on . i really do think toward the end of season he was burnt out

3 hours ago, Old Fox said:

Personally he’s been a fantastic signing and we should not forget he was consistently played - the amount of football he has played has definitely impacted his performance levels and was not the only player who dropped his standards - I am not convinced he has a bad attitude at all!

IF he leaves then I wish him all the best and will have enjoyed watching a very talented player provide us with some great memories - it could be that he just needs a new challenge or be waiting to see what comes his way but I think some of the vilification on his unnecessary.

Over the last 40+years he has been one of the best midfielders we have had or I have seen and will go on to be a success elsewhere although I still believe the club will try to convince him to stay.

I agree with all of that apart from: “wish him the best”.

I think he’s been a great player for us and I never quite get the antipathy and sometimes moronic booing you get for players who have clearly contributed greatly to the Leicester cause.

But, as soon as he goes, I don’t care how well he does elsewhere. I’m a bit parochial like that. 

5 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Youri is a player that we don't need to replace as a like for like. He plays as a player in a usually deep lying role and is sometimes slow, often dreadful at tracking back, occasionally world class but taken as a whole I would describe him as a player that I won't personally miss. CDK is a player I want, an energetic, young, attacking player with skill. 

The difference between them both I reckon is simple, cdk will be consistently on his game whereas Tielemans never was.

2 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Youri is a player that we don't need to replace as a like for like. He plays as a player in a usually deep lying role and is sometimes slow, often dreadful at tracking back, occasionally world class but taken as a whole I would describe him as a player that I won't personally miss. CDK is a player I want, an energetic, young, attacking player with skill. 

The difference between them both I reckon is simple, cdk will be consistently on his game whereas Tielemans never was.

Can you give  me the euromillions numbers for Saturday ??

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Can you give  me the euromillions numbers for Saturday ??

Well if we're going on such secrecy as per Tielemans transfer move then they're probably stitched on the inside of his underwear. That's the best I can do sorry.

26 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

Still no official offers, contract is there for Youri if he wants to sign. 

Youri laid back and assessing his options before signing. Fair enough. 

Interesting one. 

Wonder how long down the line he'll wait before thinking of signing?

Also wonder how much our summer plans are reliant on his sale?

1 hour ago, Jobyfox said:

I agree with all of that apart from: “wish him the best”.

I think he’s been a great player for us and I never quite get the antipathy and sometimes moronic booing you get for players who have clearly contributed greatly to the Leicester cause.

But, as soon as he goes, I don’t care how well he does elsewhere. I’m a bit parochial like that. 

Fair enough Joby I think having watched so much rubbish over the past 45 years I maybe getting a bit soft as we have Asha’s so many clowns earn off our club yet the last 6 years have been unbelievable.

I hope he goes abroad but looking like the gooners which I definitely won’t be wishing him well with as we hopefully could be competing with them next season!

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Interesting one. 

Wonder how long down the line he'll wait before thinking of signing?

Also wonder how much our summer plans are reliant on his sale?

Blackwell did a Q&A today and mentioned that we should be fine to go for priority signings regardless of outgoings, but when it comes to things like getting a replacement CM or CB in, then that's going to go hand in hand with shipping out players.

I reckon Youri's mind is still playing on that thought of UCL football so he might just want to see who comes through the door at Seagrave because ultimately Arsenal in their current state are a bit of a sideways move. If he wants to stay for another year then I doubt we'd allow that without him agreeing to an extension with perhaps some agreement to let him go should a UCL club come knocking with an agreed upon fee. With the right signings and no pressure of midweek fixtures I could see us, or at least Youri shine again next season, which would either lead to Youri staying even further should we push for UCL football again or at least him boosting his reputation among the top clubs.