Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

7 hours ago, Vacamion said:

The mocked up pictures of Youri in an Arsenal shirt are starting to appear on Twitter...

That's normally a sign he'll be playing for literally anyone other than Arsenal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I think he's gonna end up going on a free.

If he dosent sign this summer, I’d absolutely put him in the reserves / bench him. The problem is, if he plays, we’ll end up getting a completely half arsed player who’s going to be trying to not get injured and will be an absolute waste of space. For him, he really needs to either sign a contract or leave. 

6 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

If he dosent sign this summer, I’d absolutely put him in the reserves / bench him. The problem is, if he plays, we’ll end up getting a completely half arsed player who’s going to be trying to not get injured and will be an absolute waste of space. For him, he really needs to either sign a contract or leave. 

He was like that for parts of last season!

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

I think Arsenal will try and low ball us last minute and we will have to refuse as no time to sign a replacement. 

They can only do it for so long, as he’ll be free to talk with all foreign teams in 198 days time. 

We’ll be aware of this, so if they want to low ball, we could wait. What we do with him thereafter, in terms of playing time, largely depends on what other business we do. 

If Youri isn’t playing for us, does he make the Belgium squad for the World Cup. 

This season is going to be interesting, as you’ll have players like Maddison etc, that with half a chance and good performances, could stake a place to play in Qatar. 

You’ll have others that might want to ensure they’re injury free, so won’t be making those 50/50s.

1 minute ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I disagree. If he stays with us without signing a new contract it’s in his interests to have a stellar season to increase his options and improve his contract bargaining power. 

I don’t disagree, however if it’s in our better long term interest to get game time for an Alves for example, why would we stunt that growth for someone who’s leaving? 

13 minutes ago, Sly said:

I don’t disagree, however if it’s in our better long term interest to get game time for an Alves for example, why would we stunt that growth for someone who’s leaving? 

Alves is 17. If he’s ready, he’ll get minutes next season. It won’t stunt his growth to be an understudy to Tielemans for a year.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I disagree. If he stays with us without signing a new contract it’s in his interests to have a stellar season to increase his options and improve his contract bargaining power. 

It was in his interests to have a stellar season last season to ensure he had great options, that went well!

44 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Alves is 17. If he’s ready, he’ll get minutes next season. It won’t stunt his growth to be an understudy to Tielemans for a year.

I don’t think Alves’s game as remotely similar to Tielemans. It would be typical of BR to try and mould him into a square peg for a round hole though. 

Edited by An Away Move
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

I don’t think Alves’s game as remotely similar to Tielemans. It would be typical of BR to try and mould him into a square peg for a round hole though. 

You may well be right - I haven't seen enough of him to judge. I was just arguing that Sly's suggestion that Alves' development will be hindered if Tielemans stays doesn't make much sense.

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

You may well be right - I haven't seen enough of him to judge. I was just arguing that Sly's suggestion that Alves' development will be hindered if Tielemans stays doesn't make much sense.

I think I agree with you because Sly’s logic would seem to be based on available places in the squad and not on players competing in certain positions. I wonder who’d sweat most on their position if Alves was brought in to compete. 

Just now, An Away Move said:

I think I agree with you because Sly’s logic would seem to be based on available places in the squad and not on players competing in certain positions. I wonder who’d sweat most on their position if Alves was brought in to compete. 

As he's just 17, Alves can be part of the development squad and still play in the first team. Nobody needs to lose their place in the squad to accommodate a player under 21.

• Thanks 1

If Arsenal are genuinely interested and Youri is open to the move, set the price and his agent should then be given a deadline (quite soon) to either make Arsenal make offer or butt out.  No last minute  circus leaving us screwed.  Leicester can not let themselves get into a corner.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

If Arsenal are genuinely interested and Youri is open to the move, set the price and his agent should then be given a deadline (quite soon) to either make Arsenal make offer or butt out.  No last minute  circus leaving us screwed.  Leicester can not let themselves get into a corner.

Fully agree with this.