Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

EVERY pro footballer has money in the bank unless they are morons, accolades is where it is at.

I assume he earned a few bob at Monaco (tax free)

he will want to grab a five year deal which guarantees him 35/40m though. 

He has two daughters - they can be so expensive ! 

He needed to be out the door in January. Its unfortunate that he/his agent couldnt sort his future out earlier. We need this guy out the door asap. Hopefully use the funds to build the next team and perhaps an increase in Maddison's contract. 

• Haha 1

On the subject of contracts , top players are very competitive and Youri is probably no different. If Vardy and Schmeical are still our top earners in their mid-thirties , Youri will not easily accept that. He should be on about £8 million a year by now but will we pay it.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

On the subject of contracts , top players are very competitive and Youri is probably no different. If Vardy and Schmeical are still our top earners in their mid-thirties , Youri will not easily accept that. He should be on about £8 million a year by now but will we pay it.

The others deserve more and he's not worth it. The only way he stays with us is if nobody wants to pay for him and that could be a distinct possibility. In which case we're merely a poor second choice for him and I certainly don't see him busting a gut for us next season. We need to prepare for life without him and if he's still here just use him as a sub or cover for injuries. He's had his chance.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

We've heard bits similar to this on here from some ITK, and no source has said anything about any actual bids or proper talks yet.

Better sources than LCFCHQ are saying Youri is still a top priority for Arsenal.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

No team will pay him 160 bird a week!

Arsenal spent over £100m last season on transfers, close to £100m the season before that & around £140m in the 19/20 season, if they get all those linked with them currently (Tielemens, Vieira & Jesus + a few fringe) it again pushes the spend over £100m that's £450m over 4 seasons & if we go back another 2 seasons its pushing £650-700m, all of these would come / be coming with big wages are Arsenal that well off as they don't seem to balance the books with their outgoings?

I know google search has them as 11th richest club in the world but they havent been getting CL money since 16/17 season & not been ripping up the Europa league, just goes to show how well we are doing if they spending that amount of money & this forum still doesn't see them as a threat.

Edit - I see they have done quite well in Europa SF & RU 3 out of 4 but it doesn't pay that well to warrent a huge spend

Edited by BKLFox

9 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Pretty much confirmation that he’s not going to Arsenal:

FVb6TKbUsAAlgF0?format=jpg&name=large

If it Youri doesn't end up at The Arse, this will be embarrassing.

But then again I think your shame threshold has to be higher than Everest to compose and post this stuff, anyway.

20220617_111406.jpg.7a2b29c65f150490a3e8cdc0e403ddef.jpg

20220617_111425.jpg.3efe2074cb3622bf2ad2b8a3381b6728.jpg

20220617_111437.jpg.072a071e0d06ccbd6fa0c5552b03e5d6.jpg

29 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Better sources than LCFCHQ are saying Youri is still a top priority for Arsenal.

Wasn't stating them as a source, they're just repeating what's been said on here.

All the others have said he's a top priority but not that they'd approached us

14 minutes ago, notnow john said:

No team will pay him 160 bird a week!

if he leaves us this summer or indeed next summer then I guarantee he will be earning more than that …..

10 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Arsenal spent over £100m last season on transfers, close to £100m the season before that & around £140m in the 19/20 season, if they get all those linked with them currently (Tielemens, Vieira & Jesus + a few fringe) it again pushes the spend over £100m that's £450m over 4 seasons & if we go back another 2 seasons its pushing £650-700m, all of these would come / be coming with big wages are Arsenal that well off as they don't seem to balance the books with their outgoings?

I know google search has them as 11th richest club in the world but they havent been getting CL money since 16/17 season & not been ripping up the Europa league, just goes to show how well we are doing if they spending that amount of money & this forum still doesn't see them as a threat.

Edit - I see they have done quite well in Europa SF & RU 3 out of 4 but it doesn't pay that well to warrent a huge spend

Arsenal are big spenders. They had a reputation for not spending in the period (and for a few years after)  they built the stadium but over the last seven years they’re probably third behind United and Man City in nett spend . 

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Wasn't stating them as a source, they're just repeating what's been said on here.

All the others have said he's a top priority but not that they'd approached us

Is someone at the club really going to come out and say we’ve had a bid or contact?  

in addition, we receive enquiries from agents all the time re availability of our players. It’s standard practice. Some agents out there generate their entire income on putting deals together. Enquiring on availability and handling the negotiations.  Even vestergaard would have had enquiries on his availability and likely price.  Of course we don’t have to reply to these enquiries…..

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

if he leaves us this summer or indeed next summer then I guarantee he will be earning more than that …..

Arsenal are big spenders. They had a reputation for not spending in the period (and for a few years after)  they built the stadium but over the last seven years they’re probably third behind United and Man City in nett spend . 

& wages must be huge if the suggested 160k per week for Vieira is true as there are bigger names there, just not sure where it comes from although they are the highest for ST i believe.

That figure is obscene when you compare it to Rugby & i get all the different markets & product etc etc but the best paid Premiership rugby players are generally the Fly Half & the average wage for a #10 is £175k per year so a player at the top of the Rugby pyramid earns less in (actual wage) a year than a run of the mill footballer does in 2 weeks which is wise football will disappear up its own ass in a few years i guess

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Is someone at the club really going to come out and say we’ve had a bid or contact?  

in addition, we receive enquiries from agents all the time re availability of our players. It’s standard practice. Some agents out there generate their entire income on putting deals together. Enquiring on availability and handling the negotiations.  Even vestergaard would have had enquiries on his availability and likely price.  Of course we don’t have to reply to these enquiries…..

I don't think we reply to Sunday league teams

• Haha 4

37 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

& wages must be huge if the suggested 160k per week for Vieira is true as there are bigger names there, just not sure where it comes from although they are the highest for ST i believe.

That figure is obscene when you compare it to Rugby & i get all the different markets & product etc etc but the best paid Premiership rugby players are generally the Fly Half & the average wage for a #10 is £175k per year so a player at the top of the Rugby pyramid earns less in (actual wage) a year than a run of the mill footballer does in 2 weeks which is wise football will disappear up its own ass in a few years i guess

Football players salaries are indeed stupid and unjustified but since oil billionaires have made the game their plaything there is no stopping it.