Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Some club rocks up in the final week of the window and puts 20m on the table for Youri - what do you do?

You knock it back 

if the player genuinely wants to leave then the club making the bid will have to up it. 

however, we will have told his people that this needs to be sorted by third week july absolute latest.  After that point we won’t sell him.  Call his bluff. We cannot be doing business like this that late in the window. 

12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

You knock it back 

if the player genuinely wants to leave then the club making the bid will have to up it. 

however, we will have told his people that this needs to be sorted by third week july absolute latest.  After that point we won’t sell him.  Call his bluff. We cannot be doing business like this that late in the window. 

Have you seen how we usually handle transfer windows?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

It'll be £15m plus add ons

For that price, we’ll keep him until Jan at least and probably until his contract  has expired. 

if you think Top would accept that then you don’t know much about se Asian mentality ……

Edited by st albans fox

Just now, st albans fox said:

For that price, we’ll keep him until Jan at least and probably until his contract  has expired. 

Depends who holds the purse strings and whether brendan needs that £15m.

We have lost greater money on players before but I think we need to accept we're getting shafted 

33 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Some club rocks up in the final week of the window and puts 20m on the table for Youri - what do you do?

If he doesn't want to stay with the Foxes, then you take it, better than getting nothing.

Shame as I'd liked him to stay, but he wont sign a new contract, get him gone and move on.

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

If he does stay and plays, if he doesn't play well I can see it getting toxic in the stadium, I wonder if he realises that

Why? Isn’t this a player who won us our first ever FA Cup and has behaved like a model professional since joining the club?

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, Matt_Lcfc said:

Why? Isn’t this a player who won us our first ever FA Cup and has behaved like a model professional since joining the club?

Hes been shit for a while.

2 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Arsenal spent over £100m last season on transfers, close to £100m the season before that & around £140m in the 19/20 season, if they get all those linked with them currently (Tielemens, Vieira & Jesus + a few fringe) it again pushes the spend over £100m that's £450m over 4 seasons & if we go back another 2 seasons its pushing £650-700m, all of these would come / be coming with big wages are Arsenal that well off as they don't seem to balance the books with their outgoings?

I know google search has them as 11th richest club in the world but they havent been getting CL money since 16/17 season & not been ripping up the Europa league, just goes to show how well we are doing if they spending that amount of money & this forum still doesn't see them as a threat.

Edit - I see they have done quite well in Europa SF & RU 3 out of 4 but it doesn't pay that well to warrent a huge spend

...they did not bring in the right manager at the right time!!!

While they were cuddling Wenger, there were good managers out there. Klopp could have come to the Premier League sooner than he did. If Wenger had not walked he would have signed another contract and still have been there.

The only time I could remember that they were struggling for finance was when they were building their stadium, and money was tight for a bit. Eventually they paid £72m for Pepe, you get the impression that it is not a well run club, but the shares in the company are always high.

• Like 1

Just now, Matt_Lcfc said:

Because all that will be forgotten  if its perceived he's not putting a shift in. It got a bit that way with Riyad at times although he was up and down that last season 

Just now, splinterdream said:

Because all that will be forgotten  if its perceived he's not putting a shift in. It got a bit that way with Riyad at times although he was up and down that last season 

I do somewhat agree with you. I have said on this thread before that I would be frustrated if he uses us a second choice. But, as others have said, I don’t just buy this view that he hasn’t tried. It just isn’t true. He clearly is a model professional and sometimes, as a result of other variables, players don’t play well.

He has had no natural break for about two years now, given he started professional football at seventeen, I really wouldn’t be surprised if he has ran himself into the ground. If he left, you’d notice a difference in our midfield, even when he has been off it, his natural ability still shows

• Like 2

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

if he leaves us this summer or indeed next summer then I guarantee he will be earning more than that …..

Arsenal are big spenders. They had a reputation for not spending in the period (and for a few years after)  they built the stadium but over the last seven years they’re probably third behind United and Man City in nett spend . 

I think it’s time to introduce some from of cap on how much a club can spend each season on transfers. The top 6 think nothing of spending £70 million plus on a player, how can the smaller clubs possibly compete, it is very unfair.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

I do somewhat agree with you. I have said on this thread before that I would be frustrated if he uses us a second choice. But, as others have said, I don’t just buy this view that he hasn’t tried. It just isn’t true. He clearly is a model professional and sometimes, as a result of other variables, players don’t play well.

He has had no natural break for about two years now, given he started professional football at seventeen, I really wouldn’t be surprised if he has ran himself into the ground. If he left, you’d notice a difference in our midfield, even when he has been off it, his natural ability still shows

If he personally wants a bit of a break, not so many Games, then surely he would sign a new deal with us, no European games, if he is after CL, then this, he is tired excuse, cant be an excuse for his poor performances, what CL teams going to come in for him if he loses form when played often.

I'd like too see him stay, but he isn't going to.

Arsenal will  be paying off more contracts in time.

If Tielemans is going, the sooner the better. 

I hope our recruitment team come up with some inspiration. 

With Tielemans,  I am in two minds.  Part of me thinks he will be really hard to replace. Part of me doesn't think he should be in our first 11 if everyone is fit.

9 minutes ago, majaco said:

Arsenal will  be paying off more contracts in time.

If Tielemans is going, the sooner the better. 

I hope our recruitment team come up with some inspiration. 

With Tielemans,  I am in two minds.  Part of me thinks he will be really hard to replace. Part of me doesn't think he should be in our first 11 if everyone is fit.

I don’t we should or could (financially beyond us) replace him with a similar type player. If a key player leaves, the outstanding managers adapt their tactics/team according.  

Perhaps we should go for a more defensively minded player to accompany Ndidi and give other players more freedom (Maddison/Barnes/ KDH for example).

Edited by Glorious Leicester Fan