Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

19 minutes ago, dorsetboy said:

Do we need a replacement ? 

i think back end of the season little papy was excellent and kdh is kicking on very very well as a more attacking midfielder so depending on who we play either of those could be rotated with ndidi  for a more defensive or attack minded midfield alongside maddison. We also have utility man dan who can fill a defensive midfield role.

Just no......

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bovril said:

Call me a naive football romantic but the 'worth' of a player is more to me than just how much we can flog him for, or how much his presence may contribute to potential CL football. We've seen how good he can be, I'd rather we kept our good players as long as we can even if it means the balance sheet isn't as good as it could be.

I realise that would make me a pretty bad football club owner. 

.....yes it would!!!

I suppose the narrative of us needing to sell before we buy is good to have out there, as then we are not perceived to be a club flushed with money and we can push for better deals.

1 hour ago, bovril said:

Call me a naive football romantic but the 'worth' of a player is more to me than just how much we can flog him for, or how much his presence may contribute to potential CL football. We've seen how good he can be, I'd rather we kept our good players as long as we can even if it means the balance sheet isn't as good as it could be.

Quite like that argument.

12 hours ago, An Away Move said:

I think I agree with you because Sly’s logic would seem to be based on available places in the squad and not on players competing in certain positions. I wonder who’d sweat most on their position if Alves was brought in to compete. 

In fairness, I picked Alves as he was the first midfielder I thought of. 

My general point was, that we’d be better giving experience in the long run, to a player who needs development around the first team. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bovril said:

Perfectly put. 

A classic case that some know the price of everything and the value of nothing. 

3 hours ago, dorsetboy said:

Do we need a replacement ? 

i think back end of the season little papy was excellent and kdh is kicking on very very well as a more attacking midfielder so depending on who we play either of those could be rotated with ndidi  for a more defensive or attack minded midfield alongside maddison. We also have utility man dan who can fill a defensive midfield role.

A midfield of Mendy, Nididi and KDH ….

21 minutes ago, Nannypig7 said:

I prefer the angle that he was hoping for a decent club to come in for him ….. and not Arsenal. 

Edited by Sly
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Nannypig7 said:

if he stays i'd really hope we can get him to sign a 2 year extension so we're not in the same position next summer as we are now then command a decent fee for him next summer. unrealistic but could work out well for us

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, turlo said:

if he stays i'd really hope we can get him to sign a 2 year extension so we're not in the same position next summer as we are now then command a decent fee for him next summer. unrealistic but could work out well for us

2 year ext with a decent release clause suits everyone 

• Like 1