Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

Still is Dorsett so take it with a pinch of salt, we'd usually slate what he says. 

Picture becoming much clearer from all the stories coming out that he isn't in demand as much as his agent made him believe

Edited by UniFox21

4 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

No he has been worse than other players.

Which other player cost us a goal in the quarters, gave away 5 penalties and didn't contribute a goal or an assist for half a season? He's one of our top players, and by his standards that's dreadful. In that time the team improved and he was still shit.

Some people don't watch our games clearly, there's nothing toxic about this but we need to move him on as his lack of physicality is a big problem for us when he stops contributing going forward.

The point you make about his standards is precisely what I’m trying to say. Of course, he hasn’t been as good as he has been but that is also because he has set the bar so high. With this logic, the ‘physicality’ holding us back is just rubbish. 

He was arguably our best player in 20/21, was crucial to our FA Cup win and is essentially a first choice cm for Belgium. Let’s not try to rewrite history, even with him playing poorly at times last season, he still oozes class. Technically he is arguably our best player. 

Him giving away a goal against PSV is also a pretty irrelevant point. Have all our ‘big players’ turned up in important matches? No, obviously not. I think you are really underestimating his ability, so much so, I propose a question: who, in a 30m price range, would you suggest is better and would actually sign for us?

Edited by Matt_Lcfc
  • Like 4

36 minutes ago, turlo said:

if he stays i'd really hope we can get him to sign a 2 year extension so we're not in the same position next summer as we are now then command a decent fee for him next summer. unrealistic but could work out well for us

My guess is he'd never do that incase we don't let him go

10 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

If he signs a 1 year extension then that's pretty much best case scenario.

I'd be okay if he signs a short term deal and we take him on next season.  Helps us look at other positions and doesn't screw the club out of a fee. 

4 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Arsenal are shite, Youri would be daft to join them.

Arsenal's lottery of buying players could work sooner or later.

They have bought so many midfielders over recent years.  However, they may continue to underachieve.

Some of the players they have recently bought will be playing the mid week games.

Their spending is offensive bit they are far from alone.

Quite clear this idea of a 1 year extension is because we won’t offer a release clause (I admire our stance on that after we got burned with Kante going to Chelsea).

If we offered the release clause he’d have signed a while back. We won’t because it would set a precedent that others can get them too.

As it stands, he doesn’t want to risk being held here and is playing this in a way that allows him to dictate to a large extent. He likely knows that even if he got a big injury that hampered a move to a bigger club LCFC would still give him a new deal (ala Ricardo).

I’d be surprised if he went to Arsenal. I don’t think they offer anything that would be worth the risk of a bad move with a World Cup on the horizon. Youri seems different to your typical footballer in that he has a bit going on between the ears which means it’s not just about money or the flashy pull of London. If they were offering CL football then I could see that being a pull but as it stands it’s a club who finished last season in the same position his current one did the two seasons prior to that.

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
19 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

The point you make about his standards is precisely what I’m trying to say. Of course, he hasn’t been as good as he has been but that is also because he has set the bar so high. With this logic, the ‘physicality’ holding us back is just rubbish. 

He was arguably our best player in 20/21, was crucial to our FA Cup win and is essentially a first choice cm for Belgium. Let’s not try to rewrite history, even with him playing poorly at times last season, he still oozes class. Technically he is arguably our best player. 

Him giving away a goal against PSV is also a pretty irrelevant point. Have all our ‘big players’ turned up in important matches? No, obviously not. I think you are really underestimating his ability, so much so, I propose a question: who, in a 30m price range, would you suggest is better and would actually sign for us?

Not saying he's not a good player. On his day. It just depends if he turns up or not.

And in terms of who's better than him there's plenty of players out there that whilst they're not better than him might suit us better. Someone that runs 12km a game, tackles and wins headers might suit us better if it allows us to free up maddison and sign a right winger.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

25 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Not saying he's not a good player. On his day. It just depends if he turns up or not.

And in terms of who's better than him there's plenty of players out there that whilst they're not better than him might suit us better. Someone that runs 12km a game, tackles and wins headers might suit us better if it allows us to free up maddison and sign a right winger.

Who's that then?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Quite clear this idea of a 1 year extension is because we won’t offer a release clause (I admire our stance on that after we got burned with Kante going to Chelsea).

If we offered the release clause he’d have signed a while back. We won’t because it would set a precedent that others can get them too.

As it stands, he doesn’t want to risk being held here and is playing this in a way that allows him to dictate to a large extent. He likely knows that even if he got a big injury that hampered a move to a bigger club LCFC would still give him a new deal (ala Ricardo).

I’d be surprised if he went to Arsenal. I don’t think they offer anything that would be worth the risk of a bad move with a World Cup on the horizon. Youri seems different to your typical footballer in that he has a bit going on between the ears which means it’s not just about money or the flashy pull of London. If they were offering CL football then I could see that being a pull but as it stands it’s a club who finished last season in the same position his current one did the two seasons prior to that.

Absolutely agree spot on

31 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Spot on 👏🏻

Guest Chocolate Teapot
4 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Who's that then?

Sangare for one. I could quote several others, wouldn't neccesarily be better players but we need someone with more physicality than tielemans.

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

Sangare for one. I could quote several others, wouldn't neccesarily be better players but we need someone with more physicality than tielemans.

Exactly sangare has everything but is likely beyond our reach. Realistically (hopefully) we need Soumare to be that guy as that's what we allegedly bought him for.

Maybe Brendan can do some of his Mr miyagi coaching with him over the summer. 

Gone full circle with Youri.

Scores the winner the fa Cup final: absolute god, legend status, love him.

Offered new contract but nothing agreed with rumours he's keeping his options open: absoltue willy puller, played shit all season, we won't miss him, fck off Youri! 

Rumours he wants to join a champions league team but then further rumours he'd be interested in joining Arsenal who are not in the champions league: fckin judas, get him out our club, take whatever money we can get and move on with players who want to play for us.

Rob Dorsett says Arsenal have cooled their interest and Youri could sign a new one year deal with leicester: always loved him and his commitment to the club and he always gives his all, amazing news if he signs a new contract. World class player who can help take us forward next season.

• Haha 4

Guest Chocolate Teapot
9 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Exactly sangare has everything but is likely beyond our reach. Realistically (hopefully) we need Soumare to be that guy as that's what we allegedly bought him for.

Maybe Brendan can do some of his Mr miyagi coaching with him over the summer. 

Why is sangare beyond our reach? His release is 30m so he's likely to be available for less. And he won't go to Liverpool or another top 6 club. Unless he goes to arsenal.