Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

24 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Fabrizio with his classic of posting a tweet that contains no new info.

He doesn't deny the possibility of Youri staying and extending, just says its not happening right now. Honestly think this guy isnt ITK on our transfers anymore.

• Haha 1

It’s a win-win for us.

He stays and we have a great midfield next season with no need to rush the new midfield player(s) into the team. We can still raise sufficient funds by selling Cags, Nacho, Praet, Perez & maybe one or two others.

He leaves (at the right price) and at least one of our new midfield players will be/has to be good enough to slot straight in, eg Sangare.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Rob talks to the club. Fab probably talks to the players agent. This guy is trying to generate interest. Arsenal probably doesn’t peak his interest. 

Whether a 1 year extension is a good thing for us is a matter of opinion. Personally, I think it hinders us. The man has played his role here. Any extension would be at a higher wage then what he is currently on. That affects our summer plans. This should’ve been sorted by Youri and his agent ages ago

Edited by Mickyblueeyes
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, dbtcity said:

Hopefully we can tie him down to more than a 1 year deal with release clause for a certain calibre of club

.. he will never go if that is the case!!!

No high ranking club is going to pick him up, not going to get the game time he is looking for.

He might end up looking to stay here permanently, oh what joy!

2 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Rob talks to the club. Fab probably talks to the players agent. This guy is trying to generate interest. Arsenal probably doesn’t peak his interest. 

Whether a 1 year extension is a good thing for us is a matter of opinion. Personally, I think it hinders us. The man has played his role here. Any extension would be at a higher wage then what he is currently on. That affects our summer plans. This should’ve been sorted by Youri and his agent ages ago

It does strike me as agent-speak for 'we don't have a good offer from anyone he'd want to play for right now.' 

• Like 2

What have I just woken up to, what a cock tease. If I’m being honest I’m more excited by the prospect of a new midfielder to try rather than keeping him but part of me wonders if he could regain that old form (as well as the rest of the team) without European football 🤔

2 hours ago, TeaMen Tom said:

It does strike me as agent-speak for 'we don't have a good offer from anyone he'd want to play for right now.' 

We haven't had a single offer never mind a good one. I for one would've been really miffed had he gone to Arsenal. Where would the progression been for him in such a move.?.

He could have a great career with us whereas anywhere else im not sure.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
6 hours ago, kingfox said:

Honestly we need to get rid. We can't have him stinking the place out for the summer. Club need to be firm with him.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

12 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Honestly we need to get rid. We can't have him stinking the place out for the summer. Club need to be firm with him.

In retrospect, this should have been done last summer. Too much back slapping after the cup final!

yes I know - captain hindsight…… but this  always had the potential to end up like this with the club in an incredibly weak position. 

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

In retrospect, this should have been done last summer. Too much back slapping after the cup final!

yes I know - captain hindsight…… but this  always had the potential to end up like this with the club in an incredibly weak position. 

Yeah and so did Rodgers playing him even when he was shit at the end of last season (although he didn't have a plethora of options). Could really mess up our plans this summer.

5 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

What tf are Arsenal 'working on' when they haven't even submitted an offer?

Pay what we want now, or take your chances when all the other clubs are sniffing around next summer on a free. Probably the simplest transfer of all time

Its code for tapping up. Discussing personal terms, role in the team etc with the players agent behind everyones backs.

Its become rampant in recent years and nothing is done about it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dames said:

Its code for tapping up. Discussing personal terms, role in the team etc with the players agent behind everyones backs.

Its become rampant in recent years and nothing is done about it. 

Can’t stop conversations between companies about hypothetical scenarios …… it has always gone on scenes and in the old days it was managers speaking to players which was very destabilising.  The way it’s done now is actually very handy for ensuring business is done quickly once the clubs have agreed a deal. 

6 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. he will never go if that is the case!!!

No high ranking club is going to pick him up, not going to get the game time he is looking for.

He might end up looking to stay here permanently, oh what joy!

I genuinely can’t believe we have fans that are happy for him to go… then again we had fans happy to see the back of Mahrez as he didn’t track back lol, I know he had a bit of a hit and miss season (can’t think of a player that didn’t) but he’s still a superb player

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, ronnup said:

He's holding all the cards , I can see him sticking around though. Last massive contract , family future secure. Surely he can wait for 12 months then the signing fee is his

Last massive contract? He’s 25. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The one piece of leverage we have is it’s a World Cup year and if he’s not playing regularly for us, that means his playing time  at the tournament is in jeopardy. It’s a hardball move but we shouldn’t be messed around. 

A contract extension with a release clause would be a good solution.