Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

A one year contract is a bad move in my opinion. It shows he clearly doesn’t want to be here and has reluctantly signed it to save face.

All it means is another year of him trying not to get injured. First for the World Cup and then again afterwards so he can get his move. Another year of below average performances, when everyone knows he wants to leave is not good for the dressing room or the club.

• Like 4

He’s played a ridiculous number of games for his age, it will catch up with him. Has played ~100 more games than Vardy, who is ten years older. Hopefully the issues won’t start until after we sell him, and this sale doesn’t drag on long enough to see him associated with injury issues. 

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

You know the one word question...

I guess the same source that the Merc have as they are reporting the same this morning. (Minus the release clause bit). 

Had a few bits of info over the years and been right, he was right about us signing Lookman on loan, as always, take it or leave it. 😊

Edited by Foxhateram
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Foxhateram said:

I guess the same source that the Merc have as they are reporting the same this morning. (Minus the release clause bit). 

Had a few bits of info over the years and been right, he was right about us signing Lookman on loan, as always, take it or leave it. 😊

I'm not one of those gits that attack people with info - I take it in good faith, certainly in your case. I was just making the standard joke.

• Thanks 1

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

I'm not one of those gits that attack people with info - I take it in good faith, certainly in your case. I was just making the standard joke.

I know that dude, just clarifying for those who will no doubt attack. ;).    :wub:

If Youri does sign, we should definitely arrange a Vardy party! :vardy::youri:

Basically, no one better than us was interested in him after last seasons showing so he’s got to stay another year and prove himself again. 

ironically wouldn’t be a bad thing for us as if he gets his finger out and plays like he did in the previous season, we will have a great chance of a top 6/7 finish again. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, wattolcfc said:

A one year contract is a bad move in my opinion. It shows he clearly doesn’t want to be here and has reluctantly signed it to save face.

All it means is another year of him trying not to get injured. First for the World Cup and then again afterwards so he can get his move. Another year of below average performances, when everyone knows he wants to leave is not good for the dressing room or the club.

…or he doesn’t want to go to Arsenal, he believes in his abilities that with the World Cup coming up he will showcase his abilities to get that top team move next season he wants, but out of respect to the club he is willing to sign a contract with a release clause to ensure we get a decent fee for him rather than us being shafted by him leaving on a free.

All speculation on my part, but he doesn’t need to sign a new contract. He is perfectly in his rights to see his current contract out and leave on a free at the end of next season.

Edited by stu

Regardless of my mixed feelings on his performance levels last season, anything that sends Arsenal's Twitter WUMs into meltdown is a good thing.

Ohhhh, Tielemans is magic, he wears a magic hat... :ph34r:

• Like 3

I do think we are missing an opportunity to change the dynamic of the team, if we kept him.

For example we could swap Tielemans for a more robust/box to box player (someone of similar ilk to Gallagher). Maybe it would make us a better side :dunno:. Our new right winger would need to replace Youri’s creativity/goals though.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Shane said:

I do think we are missing an opportunity to change the dynamic of the team, if we kept him.

For example we could swap Tielemans for a more robust/box to box player (someone of similar ilk to Gallagher). Maybe it would make us a better side :dunno:. Our new right winger would need to replace Youri’s creativity/goals though.

Would be a good move

On 13/06/2022 at 15:18, He aint bald said:

I have speculated here till blue in the face, way too much speculating, that Youri might choose to run down his contract and take a years light football and a heavy signing on fee. (The main risks being exclusion and an injury)

Does he really need the pressure of a new team now, and all that effort to prove himself when he has a nice world cup shop window coming up?

'If' he remains, he should be benched to give the rest of our midfield players, the future, the game time to gel together. We're not here merely to give Tielemans the opportunity to get fit and firing for his own World Cup ambitions, only to nestle back down in the half hearted shell he slept in for the most part of last season. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Wait, is he staying?! 

Not set in stone, 1 year extension or no extension. Personally still reckon he wants out but no one has made a concrete offer yet and we'll have a summer of him flirting with every bugger going.

It could completely shaft how promptly we do our summer business.

• Like 1

Just now, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Not set in stone, 1 year extension or no extension. Personally still reckon he wants out but no one has made a concrete offer yet and we'll have a summer of him flirting with every bugger going.

If he stays he's worth more than any other midfielder we could get. I'm sure we have cards on the table of alternatives if needs be, probably young talent from Europe. But keeping him means no settling time, no adapting to the league, no lull of performance while the new player gets to know the team etc.  

We have to do everything we can to keep him. If that means holding off on a midfielder for a bit then so be it. Or even better buying a midfielder to settle in alongside Youri. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Yeah that's how I'm reading it. I still think a club will come in for him. 

Would prefer it all gets sorted sooner rather than later. 

• Like 1

Just now, StanSP said:

Yeah that's how I'm reading it. I still think a club will come in for him. 

Would prefer it all gets sorted sooner rather than later. 

We need it to be sorted so we actually know what we’re doing. 

43 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

Basically, no one better than us was interested in him after last seasons showing so he’s got to stay another year and prove himself again. 

ironically wouldn’t be a bad thing for us as if he gets his finger out and plays like he did in the previous season, we will have a great chance of a top 6/7 finish again. 

Personally I think he'd still need benching. We potentially have a better balanced midfield without him. He's slow, cumbersome, passive and gives the ball away. I'd take a 3 of, if fit, Ndidi, KDH and Maddison all day long.

As someone suggested, if someone isn't interested in buying him it's probably because they watched him last year and don't think he's worth the 25m risk and that he only really worth the risk of a free. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Personally I think he'd still need benching. We potentially have a better balanced midfield without him. He's slow, cumbersome, passive and gives the ball away. I'd take a 3 of, if fit, Ndidi, KDH and Maddison all day long.

As someone suggested, if someone isn't interested in buying him it's probably because they watched him last year and don't think he's worth the 25m risk and that he only really worth the risk of a free. 

Agree.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I really can't see him signing a new one year contract. His agent will just see £ signs and know if he can't get him a move this summer he can get a big contract and sign on fee next summer. If Tarkowski is apparently getting £150k a week, Youri will be confident he could get more than that if he's on a free next summer. 

• Like 2