Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

6 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I really can't see him signing a new one year contract. His agent will just see £ signs and know if he can't get him a move this summer he can get a big contract and sign on fee next summer. If Tarkowski is apparently getting £150k a week, Youri will be confident he could get more than that if he's on a free next summer. 

Maybe Youri is a decent bloke and wants to give something back to the club, that helped relaunch his career. 

Maybe the club has said not contract you stay and sit on your bum for 12 months, which isn't ideal for him with a WC 6 months away.

• Like 1

Good news in my opinion, a fully focused Youri could help us to get a top 5-6 finish.

We can now focus on getting a Right winger and other key positions, probably need to sell a player or two ( Cags and Kelechi) to generate some funds.

• Like 2

One year extension puts us in the same position next summer. Only one benefitting is Youri. 

Played half asleep this season as it is. He wants to move on, fine. If the sort of club he thinks he should be playing for doesn’t come in for him, then stick him with the 23’s because we’ll be losing him anyway. 

Time to bin and move on. He’s showing very little care for the club here. That’s fine, but same same. 

I'm not sure why people are saying that if he signs a contract extension for a year or two that it puts us in a better position of commanding a better fee for him.  It looks like we can't sell him now for a cut down one so why are other clubs going to suddenly offer us more money for him next year? 

He's either a good player whose had a bad season (which teams who thought that would punt on him now whilst his stock is lower and is cheap) or he's actually not as good as we all think he is, meaning if he doesn't go now  we aren't selling for more money if he signs a new contract.

If he stays here, he really has to pull his socks up next season as he was consistently poor last year.

Personally, I don't want to see our club offer a contract extension and with it a probable pay rise, based off what he turned in last season.  It doesn't sit right.

Edited by kristianity77
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

If he stays he's worth more than any other midfielder we could get. I'm sure we have cards on the table of alternatives if needs be, probably young talent from Europe. But keeping him means no settling time, no adapting to the league, no lull of performance while the new player gets to know the team etc.  

We have to do everything we can to keep him. If that means holding off on a midfielder for a bit then so be it. Or even better buying a midfielder to settle in alongside Youri. 

I don't doubt his value but what do we do if he leaves us with very little time before the window closes? What if targets have moved on by then because it's some way down the line? You can be as prepared as you want but that isn't a situation we should be forced into, and could even lead to us going for targets that wouldn't have been top of the pile just to get a replacement body in given time restraints, we've seen it before.

I've always gotten the impression the club has been fully aware when players are moving on, certainly in cases like Maguire, Chilwell, Mahrez - but this all feels a bit more ambiguous and I don't think it's making us look too clever.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Good news in my opinion, a fully focused Youri could help us to get a top 5-6 finish.

We can now focus on getting a Right winger and other key positions, probably need to sell a player or two ( Cags and Kelechi) to generate some funds.

Why will this suddenly guarantee he's fully focused? If he signs a *one year* extension there's an equal chance we'll just have a rinse and repeat of 21/22 and be in the exact same situation next summer.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

I'm not sure why people are saying that if he signs a contract extension for a year or two that it puts us in a better position of commanding a better fee for him.  It looks like we can't sell him now for a cut down one so why are other clubs going to suddenly offer us more money for him next year? 

He's either a good player whose had a bad season (which teams who thought that would punt on him now whilst his stock is lower and is cheap) or he's actually not as good as we all think he is, meaning if he doesn't go now  we aren't selling for more money if he signs a new contract.

If he stays here, he really has to pull his socks up next season as he was consistently poor last year.

Personally, I don't want to see our club offer a contract extension and with it a probable pay rise, based off what he turned in last season.  It doesn't sit right.

Because he might get back to the form he's capable of

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Why will this suddenly guarantee he's fully focused? If he signs a *one year* extension there's an equal chance we'll just have a rinse and repeat of 21/22 and be in the exact same situation next summer.

Because maybe he has realised that slacking off and not performing in the current, doesn’t mean teams will sign you for past performances. And that his stock will have fallen

I'm wondering what Youri's reaction is to the seeming lack of interest. He made it known he was interested in offers, only for them not to flood in. Even Arsenal wasn't quite what we believed he ideally wanted (i.e. Champions League) 

IF he stays, along with Kasper, not sure what that does  to the "rebuild" but would be massively pleased to see them both at the KP next season. Can then use the spare money on the real areas where strengthening is needed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Foxhateram said:

Watch this space. New contract with a release clause in it has been proposed. Seems like he is likely to sign the one year extension. 

Hope he does sign. He had a lot of mediocre games last season but so did everyone else. When he has an off day it shows more because he is such a class player. And I hope he stays 

45 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Maybe Youri is a decent bloke and wants to give something back to the club, that helped relaunch his career. 

Maybe the club has said not contract you stay and sit on your bum for 12 months, which isn't ideal for him with a WC 6 months away.

Hopefully you're right. Him signing for an extra 12 months would be the ideal scenario and hopefully if he regained his form this season, we could sell him next summer and have identified his replacement. Going to be a long window

It’s basically just to guarantee we don’t lose him for nothing. If he’s going to go I would hope it’s sooner rather than later because we’ll need to find a replacement and then bed that replacement in. I would much rather he stays because you never know, a good season and European qualification could see him stay for longer. 

• Like 3

If Rodgers had the courage to take the captaincy from Schmeichel and give it to Youri and the club raise his pay to the £8 million he should be on , I think he would sign at least a three year contract. I am pretty sure as captain his consistency levels would improve as well.

This saga has probably got a lot more legs on it ..  I’m nervous now he will leave at the last minute and our plans to spend the money will be shafted. Then ..  there’ll be the usual  “but x hasn’t gone so that’s like having a new player!” bolox to try and make us feel a bit better ..  :(

Also worth noting that, in this weird weird season ahead, he could play a blinder at the World Cup and find himself in demand during the January window.

Any other year I think he'd be gone by now, but this year his options are pretty broad if he can pick up form before Christmas. He looked good for Belgium in the past few weeks.

41 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

If Rodgers had the courage to take the captaincy from Schmeichel and give it to Youri and the club raise his pay to the £8 million he should be on , I think he would sign at least a three year contract. I am pretty sure as captain his consistency levels would improve as well.

Rubbish , he wants a bigger club