Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

3 hours ago, Dames said:

I think the lack of interest this summer will have been an eye opener. He more than likely coasted through last season thinking he was going to have a lot of interest in him this summer but unfortunately its not turned out that way for him.

I’m not slating his professionalism or effort but when you’ve decided you’re leaving subconsciously you’re going to phone it in a bit because that long term commitment isnt there. I think after this summer there will be a recalibration, if he signs a new deal we’ll see a completely different player next season. 

Which means it’ll end up even more disappointing when he goes for cheap next summer after a barnstorming season. 

If he stays, signs an extension and storms the league it should mean we have achieved something and helps us attract a better class of player. So even if he goes next year it’s a win / win.

3 hours ago, dbtcity said:

That I did being a season ticket holder I had to watch the awful Team Performances most weeks….

In which case we watched a different Tielemans this season.

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, ronnup said:

I can live with a middle three of Wilf KDH and Maddison as long as the front 3 are strengthened 

Front three are fine

Defence has to be strengthened 

3 minutes ago, ronnup said:

I can live with a middle three of Wilf KDH and Maddison as long as the front 3 are strengthened 

They are good enough for where we need to be aiming but we need a top drawer RW for it to work. The other thing is when inevitably one of them gets injured there is a real lack of quality depth. As importantly as who comes in is who goes. We need to shift some deadwood.

I don’t know how much of this whole saga is down to Youri necessarily wanting to move. He seems happy enough at Leicester; his agent, however, looks desperate to manifest a deal with Arsenal. Youri knows the offer is on the table from us and he’s been consistent in saying he wanted to see what the summer holds in store. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if his agent has been blowing smoke up his ass.

If Youri were Arsenal’s top priority, as the agent-friendly accounts continue to insist, Arsenal certainly ain’t acting like it. 

If it comes down to it and he stays next season, his contract can’t give us a repeat of season’s chatter: aone-year extension would give us the same headaches. And Youri needs to return refreshed and motivated to make waves with us. 

• Like 3

Guest Col city fan

It is looking like the below par season Tielemans has just had is putting other clubs off to some extent. Some of the teams I thought might come in for him have signed replacement midfielders already. Eg Munich and Gravenberch

I did not see youri staying but with all the rumours today then he just might! If it’s only a 1 year deal then insert a release clause with both parties csn agree to. If he does stay then surely this could help us get CDK?

You'd hope if it is just a one year extension that he ramps up the performances in order to get the move he wants and us the money we want. At least it kicks the idea of finding a replacement down the road for a season.

Edited by JimJams
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Rob talks to the club. Fab probably talks to the players agent. This guy is trying to generate interest. Arsenal probably doesn’t peak his interest. 

Whether a 1 year extension is a good thing for us is a matter of opinion. Personally, I think it hinders us. The man has played his role here. Any extension would be at a higher wage then what he is currently on. That affects our summer plans. This should’ve been sorted by Youri and his agent ages ago

A 1 year extension, he plays a blinder up to the world Cup, look to move him on in January. Hopefully we get the best of Youri till Jan, hopefully he gets the club he wants then and we get a decent fee

7 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

A 1 year extension, he plays a blinder up to the world Cup, look to move him on in January. Hopefully we get the best of Youri till Jan, hopefully he gets the club he wants then and we get a decent fee

This is a possibility if we are meandering mid table at that time

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

This is a possibility if we are meandering mid table at that 

The guy wants Champions League, he believes he's good enough and I believe he wanted to play in that competition for us. I think Youri hoped we'd go in to the transfer market and challenge again.

I said end of season before last that he'd sign a new contract if we showed ambition, we didn't though. We aren't getting champions league next season either so best thing we can do is use him to get us the best results we can, and move in on for a fee and look at replacements

5 hours ago, The_77 said:

I don’t know how much of this whole saga is down to Youri necessarily wanting to move. He seems happy enough at Leicester; his agent, however, looks desperate to manifest a deal with Arsenal. Youri knows the offer is on the table from us and he’s been consistent in saying he wanted to see what the summer holds in store. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if his agent has been blowing smoke up his ass.

If Youri were Arsenal’s top priority, as the agent-friendly accounts continue to insist, Arsenal certainly ain’t acting like it. 

If it comes down to it and he stays next season, his contract can’t give us a repeat of season’s chatter: aone-year extension would give us the same headaches. And Youri needs to return refreshed and motivated to make waves with us. 

I think you may be right.

It seems Vieira, the American back up keeper, Jesus then maybe Tielemans is their order of priority so it hardly sounds like they are desperate to sign him. 

Edited by desertfox2
Yt