Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

1 hour ago, splinterdream said:

A 1 year extension, he plays a blinder up to the world Cup, look to move him on in January. Hopefully we get the best of Youri till Jan, hopefully he gets the club he wants then and we get a decent fee

It still leaves us in the difficult position of trying to find a replacement in January. After a World Cup and in a market that is usually very difficult for us to do deals in. In hindsight, the best thing for us was for Tielemans to leave later summer the next best is this. 

I rate Youri quite highly. I think elements of his game were very good but this is how we move as a club and there will always be a step or two above for players who play well for us. We get it right when we move those players on at the right time and replace them (which is far easier said then done).

I think the year extension (if indeed is true) is a little bitter sweet. 

The con is that we are just kicking the can down the road. In a years time, we will be in the exact same position, having to sell a key player for a knock down fee because he only has 12 months on his contract. 

The pro to the situation is that it's possible Youri has realised his form this season has cost him his move to a big side which may motivate him to have the season of his life and we will atleast get the old Tielemans for his last year at the club. 

I honestly would not be surprised to see Youri signing a 3 year contract with something like a £40m release clause included to encourage him to sign.

The intriguing part to see if Youri does stay, is how much the club have planned there summer spending on the basis of Youri leaving this summer?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I honestly would not be surprised to see Youri signing a 3 year contract with something like a £40m release clause included to encourage him to sign.

The intriguing part to see if Youri does stay, is how much the club have planned there summer spending on the basis of Youri leaving this summer?

...that would only have been an issue, if we planned to replace him!!!

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...that would only have been an issue, if we planned to replace him!!!

That makes no sense. We could have had a replacement lined up for a fraction of his sale price. 

2 minutes ago, The_77 said:

That makes no sense. We could have had a replacement lined up for a fraction of his sale price. 

....a fraction being how much!!!

If we are looking at £25m then you would need to  be paying at  best £18m to replace him. That £7m will help towards other acquisition, but it is not that big a deal.

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Sometimes I forget this video exists but then they try coming after yet another player and I remember it again. 

This is just perfect. Imagine this lot took down Arsene Wenger and began the demise of Arsenal. Unreal

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, ronnup said:

I can live with a middle three of Wilf KDH and Maddison as long as the front 3 are strengthened 

Not a hope in hell , Maddison is a fantastic player but he does not have what is needed to be a workhorse in the middle of the park , that would take away his work at the other end of the park where he is needed . 

4 hours ago, KFS said:

This is just perfect. Imagine this lot took down Arsene Wenger and began the demise of Arsenal. Unreal

These people would be a cancer to any club. They are entitled and free to do what they like but to deny the poison they inject into a club is to be in a state of denial and to try and disguise the fact its all about personal wealth and self promotion generation regardless if its at the expense of the clubs fortunes

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Romano had been suggesting Tielemans was a priority signing for Arsenal but this latest tweet suggest he no longer is: 

Think he's got as much idea as us, just seems to get his sources from reading papers nowadays 

5 minutes ago, K789 said:

Think he's got as much idea as us, just seems to get his sources from reading papers nowadays 

I think he’s well-informed but I think posters here are right that he’s just hearing the agent/Arsenal views, while looks like things in fact are not so certain now. 

• Like 2

I don't think there's any urgency in Arsenal making an offer because quite simply, they have no competition. They can afford therefore to take their time looking around to see if there's a good deal on offer for someone better and quite frankly, there could be a few better prospects. If worst comes to worst they could get him on a free next year if he's still vaguely relevant. Football moves quickly and Tielemans could very well be left behind. On the back of last season, would we be gushing in our keeness to sign him?

• Like 4

11 hours ago, splinterdream said:

The guy wants Champions League, he believes he's good enough and I believe he wanted to play in that competition for us. I think Youri hoped we'd go in to the transfer market and challenge again.

I said end of season before last that he'd sign a new contract if we showed ambition, we didn't though. We aren't getting champions league next season either so best thing we can do is use him to get us the best results we can, and move in on for a fee and look at replacements

So he's just another fence-sitter with delusions that he'll be able to pick and choose clubs which will be involved in CL next season.

I don't doubt that Top still has ambitions for the club - it's the confused actions and inactions of the people recruiting and managing the team that has me perplexed and irritated.

To 'spaff' money on Bertrand, Vestagaard and Soumare, rather than strengthening central defence with a genuine prospect, disappointed fans and players alike. But Tielemans, if your hypothesis is accurate, should realise that his sloppiness and diffidence don't endear him to anyone expecting performances worthy of the 40m shelled out for his services.

That we've failed to qualify for CL/EL last season is partly down to him lacking the focus necessary for a key member of the team. If he thinks he's somehow above and apart from the team then I question his continued presence at City.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

Romano had been suggesting Tielemans was a priority signing for Arsenal but this latest tweet suggest he no longer is: 

That’s because he hasn’t got a clue what’s going on. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Fab is definitely losing his credibility, all he does is rehash the same information into "new news". 

Makes you wonder why he has a massive following. Just spouts rotational crap until any creditable information is available. They’re all the same. 

3 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Fab is definitely losing his credibility, all he does is rehash the same information into "new news". 

Agreed. He used to be able to reliably report on numerous (selected) transfers across all leaguesto a degree. Maybe he's screwed over some of the main players agents that he's worked with and lost some credibility along the way hence a select few won't work with him.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Agreed. He used to be able to reliably report on numerous (selected) transfers across all leaguesto a degree. Maybe he's screwed over some of the main players agents that he's worked with and lost some credibility along the way hence a select few won't work with him.

Also makes me think we've really cut off everyone from info and there's only gonna be any news if the club wants it out there.

Between all those Fabrizio Tielemans tweets and the one from Dorsett, it suggests that there's definitely work going on behind the scenes, just that we probably won't ever know what.

• Like 2