Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

4 minutes ago, MadsEmil said:

Also makes me think we've really cut off everyone from info and there's only gonna be any news if the club wants it out there.

Between all those Fabrizio Tielemans tweets and the one from Dorsett, it suggests that there's definitely work going on behind the scenes, just that we probably won't ever know what.

Totally agree with this. City have cut out so much of the rumour mill over the last 2-3 years. I remember when the transfer feed on here was chaotic sometimes and quite often as well. Its nice to know as a city fan but it makes it quite boring too 😴 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Totally agree with this. City have cut out so much of the rumour mill over the last 2-3 years. I remember when the transfer feed on here was chaotic sometimes and quite often as well. Its nice to know as a city fan but it makes it quite boring too 😴 

I'm not saying it's make or break but with pre-season starting in 10 days, surely there's going to be some concrete news this week. I just can't imagine us going into pre-season with a completely unchanged 21/22 squad.

• Like 1

A lot can happen in 10 days, but I wouldn't hold you breath on anything. With players being involved in internationals and then wanting some time off,  I can easily see little happening in the short term, preseason or no. Teams don't really settle until a few games into the season anyway.

Reading between the few lines we have re Youri, I think there's an answer of some kind not far away. He'll certainly know if there's any legit interest in him, if there's something that interests him - and there's probably not many moves that fall into that category.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, The_77 said:

I don’t know how much of this whole saga is down to Youri necessarily wanting to move. He seems happy enough at Leicester; his agent, however, looks desperate to manifest a deal with Arsenal. Youri knows the offer is on the table from us and he’s been consistent in saying he wanted to see what the summer holds in store. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if his agent has been blowing smoke up his ass.

If Youri were Arsenal’s top priority, as the agent-friendly accounts continue to insist, Arsenal certainly ain’t acting like it. 

If it comes down to it and he stays next season, his contract can’t give us a repeat of season’s chatter: aone-year extension would give us the same headaches. And Youri needs to return refreshed and motivated to make waves with us. 

Looks like Arsenal want him on the cheap. If they won't stump up and he won't sign a new contract we should bench him and leave his World Cup place in the balance. On last season's performance we won't be missing much.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxgas said:

Looks like Arsenal want him on the cheap. If they won't stump up and he won't sign a new contract we should bench him and leave his World Cup place in the balance. On last season's performance we won't be missing much.

Ask yourself where the stories are coming from. We don’t know what Arsenal want yet; we know what Youri’s agent wants. 

• Like 1

fab has fallen into the trap of thinking he has to constantly tweet. He obviously just fills the gaps far too often as was evident with our lb situation last year. 

I don’t think he has a good source with our club just agents who tend to have things to gain from him 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, MadsEmil said:

I'm not saying it's make or break but with pre-season starting in 10 days, surely there's going to be some concrete news this week. I just can't imagine us going into pre-season with a completely unchanged 21/22 squad.

Definitely mortar come!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, sm1 said:

Youri and his agent have got to face the facts. He's an afterthought for most top clubs, who'll put in a cheeky 20-25M offer if other targets dont materialise. 

One thing about Youri: He’s not an idiot. He signed a 4-year deal instead of a 5-year one to give himself the upper hand in negotiations. He knows he dropped of last year, lowering his stock. 

If Arsenal drop the chase, it puts him in an awkward position once he's due at training camp... I think last season put a lot of "elite" clubs off: He gave up -- personally, 100 percent his fault -- a lot of goals. You can't do that at elite level.

A 25 million "cheeky bid" is 25 million that the "big clubs" might use elsewhere. I still think he's gone this summer, but will be less surprised if he stays now.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
3 hours ago, weller54 said:

Definitely mortar come!

I think quite a few younger players will try to cement their place in the side.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/arsenal-cool-tielemans-interest-jesus-agents-transfer-talks/bltae58057ec0e4f00d

The Gunners are set to take a step back in their pursuit of the Leicester City midfielder while they edge closer to securing their other targets

Arsenal have cooled their interest in Youri Tielemans as they look to push through their move for Gabriel Jesus.

Leicester City midfielder Tielemans has been one of the club’s key targets during the transfer window and had been expected to join for around £25 million ($30.5m).

But GOAL has been told that the Gunners have taken a step back in their pursuit of the 25-year-old while they focus on completing other deals this summer, including that of long-term target Jesus.

Charles Watts so pretty much as reliable as they get for Arsenal

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LFox99 said:

GOd damn there you go getting my hopes up.

If he gets 'forced' to stay here you'd think he'll play out his skin  next year to get interest and we are the only winners!

2 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

GOd damn there you go getting my hopes up.

If he gets 'forced' to stay here you'd think he'll play out his skin  next year to get interest and we are the only winners!

Yes. And to replace Youri when he is on on his game will cost far more than UKP25m.

If there's no other interest in Youri,  Arsenal are just focussing on other signings first know they can come back in for him towards the end of the window. We're going to get completely f.cked over.

Edited by turlo
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, turlo said:

If there's no other interest in Youri,  Arsenal are just focussing on other signings first know they can come back in for him towards the end of the window. We're going to get completely f.cked over.

That’s the spirit.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, turlo said:

Find it hard to believe absolutely nobody else is in for him at the price quoted everywhere (25m). I suspect something else is the issue (price is higher than reported OR Youri isn't convinced by Arsenal but other teams are waiting to see before coming in with interest so as to not drive the price up). That said, if they are the only interested club and they do sit back, our window is going to be a nightmare if we're relying on sales to make signings.

2 minutes ago, -sodapop said:

Find it hard to believe absolutely nobody else is in for him at the price quoted everywhere (25m). I suspect something else is the issue (price is higher than reported OR Youri isn't convinced by Arsenal but other teams are waiting to see before coming in with interest so as to not drive the price up). That said, if they are the only interested club and they do sit back, our window is going to be a nightmare if we're relying on sales to make signings.

Innit? Bissouma got sold for more than that he's still got a sexual assault investigation hanging over his head.