Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

4 minutes ago, -sodapop said:

Find it hard to believe absolutely nobody else is in for him at the price quoted everywhere (25m). I suspect something else is the issue (price is higher than reported OR Youri isn't convinced by Arsenal but other teams are waiting to see before coming in with interest so as to not drive the price up). That said, if they are the only interested club and they do sit back, our window is going to be a nightmare if we're relying on sales to make signings.

Its not the fee , its the contract and as Youri is on £5 million a year with us , he will be looking for £8 million with another club . He will be after a five year contract as well. That is a big commitment for any buyer to make. However if they wait a year the lack of fee will make that more acceptable. A lot can change in a year though and Youri may decide to sign a shorter extension with us if we up his salary. That would probably make him our top earner and that could disrupt other players. That is what happens at the top end of club football.

Just now, Dames said:

Just shows how one bad season can really change things. I also suspect Youri isnt that convinced by Arsenal either hence the ‘cooling’ of interest. 

For someone whose wish it has been to play UCL football for years, the prospect of joining Arsenal does seem rather scary. Liverpool and Man City will just run away at the top again, Spurs have sadly done some great business. That 4th spot will be up for grabs this season I'd imagine, Chelsea look a mess, Arsenal's recruitment looks to be mediocre

19 minutes ago, -sodapop said:

Find it hard to believe absolutely nobody else is in for him at the price quoted everywhere (25m). I suspect something else is the issue (price is higher than reported OR Youri isn't convinced by Arsenal but other teams are waiting to see before coming in with interest so as to not drive the price up). That said, if they are the only interested club and they do sit back, our window is going to be a nightmare if we're relying on sales to make signings.

because he isnt that good

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Its not the fee , its the contract and as Youri is on £5 million a year with us , he will be looking for £8 million with another club . He will be after a five year contract as well. That is a big commitment for any buyer to make. However if they wait a year the lack of fee will make that more acceptable. A lot can change in a year though and Youri may decide to sign a shorter extension with us if we up his salary. That would probably make him our top earner and that could disrupt other players. That is what happens at the top end of club football.

You know this how?

I'd have thought he'd be looking for a 4 year contract (similar to the one he signed with us) then he can easily move again and thus have two large moves before he retires.

imo

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

What a ridiculous thing to say, christ

We both know who those two players are and what they've both done and are still doing for this club to earn those contracts.

I think he means that it will inhibit us signing any more players at the top of their game as we can't afford it.

Especially as we were meant to reduce our wage bill going forward.

To have them as guaranteed top earners means others will have to miss out and possibly can't keep our best players like youri.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

You know this how?

I'd have thought he'd be looking for a 4 year contract (similar to the one he signed with us) then he can easily move again and thus have two large moves before he retires.

imo

A valid opinion , second guessing what is going on in his head. is a fools game of course.

He ain’t going anywhere Is he?

nobody has come in for him just a load of rumours. Arses have come closest in interest but no offers to back it up. 
ol youre must be feeling pretty humbled at the moment. All the drama and no action!

what a waste of time if has been. He needs to get his head down and be ready to bring his A game this season in time for the World Cup. Than he can see who comes in for him in January.

4 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

It's not over until it is. There's weeks to go yet.

I'd love an answer pronto, just so the club can get a handle on direction and plans on the go. Youri probably is pivotal in our future whether he goes or stays but, in all fairness, that isn't his biggest concern.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

nobody has come in for him just a load of rumours. Arses have come closest in interest but no offers to back it up. 
ol youre must be feeling pretty humbled at the moment. All the drama and no action!

what a waste of time if has been. He needs to get his head down and be ready to bring his A game this season in time for the World Cup. Than he can see who comes in for him in January.

...at this moment, I can see he has the option of staying here, going off to sunnier climes, playing for an upper mid-table team, or signing for Newcastle!!!

They will be the most likely scenarios where he will have the opportunity for guaranteed game time because I believe for him, that is paramount.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

If he stays the squad will be largely the same as it was last season. 

Without Soyuncu and various others....hes not the only one we could sell and I don't imagine the club have built their entire summer on selling a player they want to keep.

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Without Soyuncu and various others....hes not the only one we could sell and I don't imagine the club have built their entire summer on selling a player they want to keep.

This is both the hope and the expectation, any club that operated in any other way is doomed

20 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Based on amartey being picked ahead of soy at the end of the season, you’d have to presume he’s off. He’d hopefully recoup about £20m i reckon? I think it makes sense to sell Kel as well, i don’t see how we can keep 3 top strikers happy when playing once a week. He’d also make £20m I reckon. Along with clearing lots of the dead wood I think we could make £60m ish in sales this summer which we can hopefully sign 4 good players for. 

1 hour ago, Simoken said:

I heard from a mate that knows his mates great auntie lisa, that she spoke to Yours wifes sisters 2nd mum and she said that Youri will sign a new 3 years deal. #yessss

Great in the know info! 

Although you really shouldn't divulge your sources 

Edited by CrazyKopCorner

1 hour ago, Simoken said:

I heard from a mate that knows his mates great auntie lisa, that she spoke to Yours wifes sisters 2nd mum and she said that Youri will sign a new 3 years deal. #yessss

My goldfish’s brothers uncle said your source is full of 💩