Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

21 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

going to a big club ahead of the WC is a risk for him. even if he's playing well he may not be a starter.  has martinez said something to him on this subject ?

perhaps that's affecting his decision now he sees that clubs aren't queueing up to sign him

Yes. It isn't a case that he is a main target with Arsenal increasingly looking out of the picture. The longer this drags on, he is in danger of being seen as filler for an available squad spot.

11 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Yes. It isn't a case that he is a main target with Arsenal increasingly looking out of the picture. The longer this drags on, he is in danger of being seen as filler for an available squad spot.

I wouldn't assume arsenal no longer want youri. it may be that youri is less inclined to move there this summer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Behave yourself lol 

11 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Would have thought Rodgers is most unlikely to leave Tielemans out , if he is fit , even if he runs his contract down.

1 minute ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

but I’m a little surprised by the distain for Winks

because he's nowhere near the quality of a top-half PL footballer

There's a reason its Everton who are looking at him and not us

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Cba quoting all those responding to my Winks post earlier, but I’m a little surprised by the distain for Winks. I’m not decided yet, but I think his ‘ticking over’ game would complement the rest of our midfielders quite well.

He's garb. 

2 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

This is all a little tedious isn't it. Having resigned myself to him going. I'd like him to get a move on. Signing another year contract no longer excites me. As I fear his best LCFC form may now be behind him. Go with my blessing Youri. But don't drag it out. 

After almost a year he still has not made up his mind. He is basically holding back all  LCFC transfer options,  its time to give him a urgent kick and off he goes now, otherwise we are going to miss out on all new additions

3 hours ago, Dames said:

Imagine if we swapped Tielemans with Winks. Rudkin wouldn't be able to show his face in public again.

He would…….at his Tar and Feathering 

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

After almost a year he still has not made up his mind. He is basically holding back all  LCFC transfer options,  its time to give him a urgent kick and off he goes now, otherwise we are going to miss out on all new additions

As much as i don't want to see Youri go and want the transfer to be done as quick as possible, i don't see what he has done wrong in this situation?!

Clearly told Leicester he wants off & has agreed personal terms with Arsenal (Apparently).. What more can the player do?

Come out to media and force a move like Riyad did? Bad mouth us like Pogba? .....I don't see that being Youris thing, he's a man of honour and respect. 

Other clubs and Arsenal not putting in official bids is not the players fault, Could we even be playing hard ball and making the transfer difficult, there's a lot of factors that go off in transfer that the public don't see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Cba quoting all those responding to my Winks post earlier, but I’m a little surprised by the distain for Winks. I’m not decided yet, but I think his ‘ticking over’ game would complement the rest of our midfielders quite well.

I actually agree with you but most won’t see it 

Apparently destined for Everton so doesn’t matter 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LFEFox23 said:

As much as i don't want to see Youri go and want the transfer to be done as quick as possible, i don't see what he has done wrong in this situation?!

Clearly told Leicester he wants off & has agreed personal terms with Arsenal (Apparently).. What more can the player do?

Come out to media and force a move like Riyad did? Bad mouth us like Pogba? .....I don't see that being Youris thing, he's a man of honour and respect. 

Other clubs and Arsenal not putting in official bids is not the players fault, Could we even be playing hard ball and making the transfer difficult, there's a lot of factors that go off in transfer that the public don't see.

He could make his decision 24 hours before the transfer window closes, that would not be fair on his part

34 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

We can't force him to go if we haven't had a bid? Either we accept whatever bid comes in or we let him see out his contract. I think it's pretty obvious he'd leave if a decent offer came on. 

I'm worried if our whole transfer dealings is dependent on Tielemans leaving. We will have bids for him later in the window if he doesn't agree to a new contract. 

Edited by RowlattsFox

23 minutes ago, LFEFox23 said:

I don’t think he’s agreed personal terms with Arsenal at all. The ‘ITK’ accounts on Twitter would be all over it if he had. Agents usually release that information to pressure the selling club into accepting an offer. 

I also highly doubt we are playing hardball either, our asking price is £25 million which is a bargain considering Mane just went for £35 million and 1 year left and 5 years older.

Its becoming more likely by the day he stays, there is very little serious interest in him at the minute and it will get to a point where the club will put their foot down and not sell. If he leaves for free he leaves for free at the end of the season. I doubt the club will let themselves get done on deadline day, especially after the Silva fiasco. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

He could make his decision 24 hours before the transfer window closes, that would not be fair on his part

He's already made his decision? He does not want to not extend his contract and leave the club.

4 minutes ago, Dames said:

I don’t think he’s agreed personal terms with Arsenal at all. The ‘ITK’ accounts on Twitter would be all over it if he had. Agents usually release that information to pressure the selling club into accepting an offer. 

I also highly doubt we are playing hardball either, our asking price is £25 million which is a bargain considering Mane just went for £35 million and 1 year left and 5 years older.

Its becoming more likely by the day he stays, there is very little serious interest in him at the minute and it will get to a point where the club will put their foot down and not sell. If he leaves for free he leaves for free at the end of the season. I doubt the club will let themselves get done on deadline day, especially after the Silva fiasco. 

All the above and none of this is the players fault?

• Haha 1

Just now, LFEFox23 said:

All the above and none of this is the players fault?

If nobody is bidding for him how can it be. He’s not said he wants to leave expressly but consider his options… Unfortunately for him there are serious no options. 

Also its not his fault the club are in a sell to buy situation either. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dames said:

I suppose that despite the age, at least with Mane, you can see a player that has regularly and reliably, over a long period of time, contributed much in performances, goals and assists at the top level. The likelihood is, with his proven mentality also, is that he'll continue to do so over the next 3 years. Bayern Munich aren't stupid, I think he's good value.

Tielemans on the other hand falls short of that on all counts. He represents a 25m risk. Why not wait and see what his motivation and performances are like next season before snapping him up on a free?