Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

52 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

If you could guarantee Tielemans having a good season, I know you can't, I would risk him leaving for free and helping us qualify for Europe rather than accept £15m and not be able to replace him..

Thats what it comes down to isnt it?

If he stays we'd want european football at a minimum otherwise we might as well cash in now as we arent troubling relegation with or without him.

5 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...that would be his stumbling block!!!

He will not be guaranteed playing time, and that is what he is looking for. 

Not so much as a long shot, going to Newcastle and dressing it up as a new challenge, would be more likely,  also money in his pocket as an after thought.

Between Newcastle and Man Utd isn't much different if you're looking to win trophies. Would anyone be surprised to see Newcastle win the league before Man Utd do again?

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

I suppose that despite the age, at least with Mane, you can see a player that has regularly and reliably, over a long period of time, contributed much in performances, goals and assists at the top level. The likelihood is, with his proven mentality also, is that he'll continue to do so over the next 3 years. Bayern Munich aren't stupid, I think he's good value.

Tielemans on the other hand falls short of that on all counts. He represents a 25m risk. Why not wait and see what his motivation and performances are like next season before snapping him up on a free?

Because the chances are there will be serious competition for his signature on a free if he has a good season and the likes of spain will again be the preferred option.

After his bad experience the last time he made a big move from Anderlecht to Monaco and with no team making him their top priority surely he must be having second thoughts about leaving, especially with it being world cup year. He's one of the first names on the team sheet and he's going to be unhappy if he goes somewhere else and isn't starting every game. Even if Arsenal do go for him after finalizing Jesus he would be their 5th signing so hardly their top target. He might still sign a new contract. 

10 hours ago, woznotwos said:

Because the chances are there will be serious competition for his signature on a free if he has a good season and the likes of spain will again be the preferred option.

If he has a good season I think you're right because unlike now, all the risk will have essentially been removed.

IF however Rodgers persists with a midfield 3, I don't see how Tielemans should be played before Ndidi, Maddison and KDH. His previous lack lustre, game slowing, poor passing, lethargic performances surely only merit a place on the bench? He needs to be made to fight for a place.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, JimJams said:

How's that work then?

You say, if you don’t move by x date then we won’t entertain offers. I’d rather keep him for a year than be low balled last minute and have him try and force the move and be left with no replacement or rush and get someone not good enough. 

• Like 4

Assuming Youri stays we still need  to bring in a new midfielder as competition to keep him at it. He will be motivated to perform through until the World Cup but there are no guarantees after and he can talk to international clubs in January about a deal (unless he signs an extension).

Feel like he’s paying the price for an average (by his standards) season.  His options seem to be narrowing as I’d guess most big CL clubs have question marks over aspects of his game. Personally I think he’ll hold out for the big money move on a free next season.

4 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Tielemans needs to play further up the pitch. This double pivot hinders our attack and defence.

We only do it because we haven't had enough quality on the ball in defence and the DM position most of last season.

Because Wilf has been out injured.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

You say, if you don’t move by x date then we won’t entertain offers. I’d rather keep him for a year than be low balled last minute and have him try and force the move and be left with no replacement or rush and get someone not good enough. 

See I'm the opposite, I'd rather they just take whatever they can for him and save nearly £100k a week + the transfer fee. We have absolutely no flexibility in our finances to tinker with the squad and we are heading for big problems in the next year or so.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

See I'm the opposite, I'd rather they just take whatever they can for him and save nearly £100k a week + the transfer fee. We have absolutely no flexibility in our finances to tinker with the squad and we are heading for big problems in the next year or so.

We are specifically talking a certain scenario. At the moment, I want him gone if he's not going to sign. But the later it gets, the worse position we are in for getting a suitable replacement. Would you be happy rushing and signing a player nowhere near the top of your list of replacements? Because that just increases the risk of them being a total waste of money. 

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We are specifically talking a certain scenario. At the moment, I want him gone if he's not going to sign. But the later it gets, the worse position we are in for getting a suitable replacement. Would you be happy rushing and signing a player nowhere near the top of your list of replacements? Because that just increases the risk of them being a total waste of money. 

I think is says a lot that there’s been no offers for him yet. Arsenal have signed a midfielder, United are trying to sign a midfielder…. If either of those clubs come in for him later it will suggest he’s the second or third choice on their lists. Which doesn’t really fit with his ambitions. 

For me, I’d give it two weeks once the pre season starts, if there’s no concrete bids then I’d be saying to him sign the years extension, and prove your worth. We can’t afford to have him leaving a week before Brentford, we would be ****ed then. 

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

I think is says a lot that there’s been no offers for him yet. Arsenal have signed a midfielder, United are trying to sign a midfielder…. If either of those clubs come in for him later it will suggest he’s the second or third choice on their lists. Which doesn’t really fit with his ambitions. 

For me, I’d give it two weeks once the pre season starts, if there’s no concrete bids then I’d be saying to him sign the years extension, and prove your worth. We can’t afford to have him leaving a week before Brentford, we would be ****ed then. 

Or they're leaving it the the last minute to try and derail us for next season.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Babylon said:

So what happens if we get a good offer after said date?

You can't offer ultimatums when you don't hold all the cards.

12 minutes ago, JimJams said:

So what happens if we get a good offer after said date?

You can't offer ultimatums when you don't hold all the cards.

We are sitting with Jack high and Youri has Full house- Aces over Kings , no wonder he has his usual big grin.