Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

17 minutes ago, JimJams said:

So what happens if we get a good offer after said date?

You can't offer ultimatums when you don't hold all the cards.

Unless its an offer thats better than you would have thought you’d get you reject it. 

We hold most of the cards, Youri is contracted to play for us and he can’t go early unless we agree. I’m sure he’s big enough to understand that if the club dont have time to find a suitable replacement it would do him no harm in seeing half a season/full season out with us and going on a free at the end of the season, in-fact that might even be better for him in the long run. Not best for the club mind. 

49 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Or they're leaving it the the last minute to try and derail us for next season.

I doubt the pursuing clubs main trail of thought is to derail us….. I think it’s got a lot more to do with they know we want £30m for him, and they’re not willing to pay it because he was largely poor last season.

36 minutes ago, JimJams said:

...if a good offer does come  in after the date you take it!!!

We would have looked at replacements and could possibly move to make a deal happen to bring that player in. I would even put a time line of 7 days to complete the deal including medicals.

We have allowed this to drag on far too long, and we have to take back control of this scenario.

You cannot allow whether Youri stays or goes, dictating the ability for this club to go forward.

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

We are specifically talking a certain scenario. At the moment, I want him gone if he's not going to sign. But the later it gets, the worse position we are in for getting a suitable replacement. Would you be happy rushing and signing a player nowhere near the top of your list of replacements? Because that just increases the risk of them being a total waste of money. 

True, I don't want him gone if we don't replace him at all unless whatever fee we do get enables us to at least strengthen another weak area.

It's all becoming very frustrating but the Soyuncu situation is just as bad. On his wages I thought there'd be genuine interest for £15-20m minimum as he's such an easy signing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

True, I don't want him gone if we don't replace him at all unless whatever fee we do get enables us to at least strengthen another weak area.

It's all becoming very frustrating but the Soyuncu situation is just as bad. On his wages I thought there'd be genuine interest for £15-20m minimum as he's such an easy signing.

I don’t understand Cags either…. But then again, I know it’s only mates, but my mates who support other teams think he’s shit, so I wonder if we’re overestimating his appeal? I would expect £25m minimum, I am surprised a Spanish or Italian side hasn’t gone for him, it’s right up their street. 

6 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I don’t understand Cags either…. But then again, I know it’s only mates, but my mates who support other teams think he’s shit, so I wonder if we’re overestimating his appeal? I would expect £25m minimum, I am surprised a Spanish or Italian side hasn’t gone for him, it’s right up their street. 

My best mate thinks he's the worst defender in the league, so maybe they're right 😂😂😂

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Maybe Soyuncu and Youri too higher expectations about the clubs they should be joining!

1 hour ago, JimJams said:

The situation depends entirely on what replacements are available. The later you go, the harder it's going to be to get it done... anyone remember Drinkwater and Silva?

Of course we can set deadlines, he's our player. If you set your stall out and say anything after X date doesn't give us time to get a replacement, and that's how you want to play it, then you can. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Sadly we don't have the benefit of hindsight but both of these players were of much higher stock at the end of last season.

If we'd have sold them then we'd have been quids in.

• Like 1

I am still wondering why he seems to have become almost an anti-hero and most seem to want rid.  Yes he was poor last season but he was equally brilliant the season before.

If he wants out then fair enough but I would love it if he signed a new 3-4 year deal.  Sometimes you do not realise what you had until it is gone.  I love KDH but anyone who thinks that he will be an adequate replacement for Youri is going to be massively disappointed.  I doubt if Eriksen will be on the way here either.

Just now, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

I am still wondering why he seems to have become almost an anti-hero and most seem to want rid.  Yes he was poor last season but he was equally brilliant the season before.

If he wants out then fair enough but I would love it if he signed a new 3-4 year deal.  Sometimes you do not realise what you had until it is gone.  I love KDH but anyone who thinks that he will be an adequate replacement for Youri is going to be massively disappointed.  I doubt if Eriksen will be on the way here either.

I'm not sure he's an anti-hero; I think people are realistic.

He's one of the best midfielders we've ever had but he's also beginning to look like he's going to stymie development and, as such, needs a move. 

I've not noticed a turning of the tide with regards favour.

16 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

If players don't extend their contracts when they run down I think you can assume wanting out is an option. If players want to leave I'm all for letting them go.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

My best mate thinks he's the worst defender in the league, so maybe they're right 😂😂😂

He's shit and i support the team.  You could physically see other players panicking around him when he was on the ball last season. He had an absolute mare.  That sort of thing spreads around the team as well.  

2 hours ago, JimJams said:

I tend to agree but if we wanted to play hardball, tell him he needs to get a move by x date, if you don't get it, you're not first choice son, after your shit season last season. And good luck getting into the world cup squad with no games.

I agree re saving money but if we can't spend the transfer fee, what use is it?

Can't see us doing it and would likely accept a reduced price later in the window, but worth a try? I don't actually want him to sign a new contract now, with how poor he has been and how much of a dip we know he can take. 

If he did manage to regain his form it just places more question marks on his character. Unless you buy that it was all down to our bad season, poor youri, whice I personally don't.

Edited by gw_leics772
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

If players don't extend their contracts when they run down I think you can assume wanting out is an option. If players want to leave I'm all for letting them go.

I understand that to a degree.  It just feels like people can't wait to see the back of him and he deserves a little more respect than that.  He has not gone on strike and has never gone hiding even when his form has been poor last season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

I doubt the pursuing clubs main trail of thought is to derail us….. I think it’s got a lot more to do with they know we want £30m for him, and they’re not willing to pay it because he was largely poor last season.

I dunno, with a fully fit squad an a good season, we could displace arsenal and man utd.

9 hours ago, Babylon said:

You say, if you don’t move by x date then we won’t entertain offers. I’d rather keep him for a year than be low balled last minute and have him try and force the move and be left with no replacement or rush and get someone not good enough. 

Self imposed Deadlines in business negotiation rarely work. It's the easiest of bluffs to call. 

The most likely scenario is he'll go very close to transfer window. And that's exactly the timepoint t we can drive his price up, playing one off against another with the genuine deadline of a transfer window ticking away. Right now, our hand is fairly weak.

On august 31st (or whatever) we may 'pump & dump'....  playing off Man U v PSG v a ludicrous Newcastle offer v Spurs v Arsenal

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

Self imposed Deadlines in business negotiation rarely work. It's the easiest of bluffs to call. 

The most likely scenario is he'll go very close to transfer window. And that's exactly the timepoint t we can drive his price up, playing one off against another with the genuine deadline of a transfer window ticking away. Right now, our hand is fairly weak.

On august 31st (or whatever) we may 'pump & dump'....  playing off Man U v PSG v a ludicrous Newcastle offer v Spurs v Arsenal

It'll be a game of chicken, always said why should Arsenal go in for him early, they'll wait till last minute and test our resolve 

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Its like David Luiz.... you can be class for 80% of the time, but people will remember the 20% of the time you are a donkey.  

• Like 2