Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

On august 31st (or whatever) we may 'pump & dump'....  playing off Man U v PSG v a ludicrous Newcastle offer v Spurs v Arsenal

...if they were that interested, they would have picked him up by now, or in the next week or so!!!

There is no indication that he is valued if teams believe that they can wait and do their business without the risk of losing him. The smart move would be to wait until next season and put in an offer to his agent. Youri and his team are in full control of this.

I wonder how players in the Youri bracket are seeing us as a club now; we (rightly) play hardball on sales, hence being able to mug off Utd for Maguire, Chelsea for Drinkwater etc. With this being the case, are players left with the only option to run down their contracts because the buying club won't pay the prices we're asking? I wonder if agents are saying this.

We're not the only club doing this. I think patterns in the transfer market are changing, and you'll see agents demanding low release clauses (like Haaland) or encouraging their clients to only sign for 2 or 3 years rather than 4 or 5. 

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if they were that interested, they would have picked him up by now, or in the next week or so!!!

There is no indication that he is valued if teams believe that they can wait and do their business without the risk of losing him. The smart move would be to wait until next season and put in an offer to his agent. Youri and his team are in full control of this.

Hope not!..

Don't want to see him having another halfarsed season for us!!!

• Like 1

Tanner on the Athletic is suggesting that a one year contract extension is not on the table as suggested by Dorsett, as the club don’t want to be in this position 12 months down the line.

Suggests that the original long term contract that is still on the table, or a sale are the only options.

Arsenal’s interest has cooled but may be reignited later in the window if Arsenal sell Xhaka.

No suggestion that his transfer is holding up other deals, but doesn’t sound like a good position for us either way imo.

Edited by stu
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, stu said:

Tanner on the Athletic is suggesting that a one year contract extension is not on the table as suggested by Dorsett, as the club don’t want to be in this position 12 months down the line.

Suggests that the original long term contract that is still on the table, or a sale are the only options.

Arsenal’s interest has cooled but may be reignited later in the window if Arsenal sell Xhaka.

No suggestion that his transfer is holding up other deals, but doesn’t sound like a good position for us either way imo.

Monetarily might not hold us up but we are going to be at risk of missing out on potential replacements if this drags until the end of the window :nono:

• Like 1

He thought he was going to get a lot of offers from the big clubs and it hasn’t happnded. Obviously they don’t fancy him and especially at a bargain price! I give it another month and if he hasn’t moved he will sign a 2-3 year extension and make out he wanted to Stay all along. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Self imposed Deadlines in business negotiation rarely work. It's the easiest of bluffs to call. 

The most likely scenario is he'll go very close to transfer window. And that's exactly the timepoint t we can drive his price up, playing one off against another with the genuine deadline of a transfer window ticking away. Right now, our hand is fairly weak.

On august 31st (or whatever) we may 'pump & dump'....  playing off Man U v PSG v a ludicrous Newcastle offer v Spurs v Arsenal

Who says it is a bluff? The whole point is, if we don’t have time to replace him properly, then what’s the point. 

16 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Who says it is a bluff? The whole point is, if we don’t have time to replace him properly, then what’s the point. 

Don't get me wrong. I'd be prepared to keep him, qualify for Europe and let him.weigh up a career with us as opposed by a bigger version of us (arsenal for example). Vards chose us. Schmeichel. Ricardo. Circumstances sometimes mean a tier 2  player opts to stay with a tier 3 club 

However, our hand is weak and the player's is strong. To issue an ultimatum is bluff. I prefer the poker face. Same story as with anyone else, if a suitable bid comes in we'll look at it. If not, we won't. 

Complete mess this. The club will soon have to make a decision if he can go or not it’s holding the club back from knowing what they can spend. Sign a new deal play your arse off and get a move or go to the highest bidder asap. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Complete mess this. The club will soon have to make a decision if he can go or not it’s holding the club back from knowing what they can spend. Sign a new deal play your arse off and get a move or go to the highest bidder asap. 

It's not our club stopping him from leaving. 

• Like 1

It’s a bad situation.

Youri / Arsenal can just sit and bide their time, knowing that we probably need to sell him to bring in reinforcements. 

Meanwhile the further this drags on, the weaker our hand is.

And there is no incentive for Youri to sign a contract until the last minute…

this could be a long summer.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, FoxTrott said:

It’s a bad situation.

Youri / Arsenal can just sit and bide their time, knowing that we probably need to sell him to bring in reinforcements. 

It could be, but let’s not pretend that Youri has all the playing cards here. He can play hardball, end up staying here and then not be played in a World Cup season. I’m sure he’d still make the Belgian squad but it would significantly impact his performance levels if he wasn’t playing regular football in the build up, and I for one wouldn’t feel inclined to start him every game if this scenario played out …

• Like 1

The truth is what I stated over 12 months ago....He isn't good enough for the standard of club his agent wants him to sign for.

As soon as it was 'Liverpool' that he was linked to, it became obvious nobody wanted him. There's not a Club in Europe Tielemans is less suited to, and it was so incredibly obvious his agent was making it all up.

I only hope it doesn't mean we extend his contract, he simply isn't worth £150k+, and would severely impact our ability to sign better players than him. I'm perfectly happy to let him go on a free next summer, to free up his wages.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Don't get me wrong. I'd be prepared to keep him, qualify for Europe and let him.weigh up a career with us as opposed by a bigger version of us (arsenal for example). Vards chose us. Schmeichel. Ricardo. Circumstances sometimes mean a tier 2  player opts to stay with a tier 3 club 

However, our hand is weak and the player's is strong. To issue an ultimatum is bluff. I prefer the poker face. Same story as with anyone else, if a suitable bid comes in we'll look at it. If not, we won't. 

He is under contract, in terms of him staying for a year we hold all the cards. We simply don’t have to accept.

He doesn’t seem like an unreasonable person, I’m sure he’s well aware that a last minute bid simply isn’t worth taking for us and that his suitors have had all summer to make a bid. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FoxyLeon said:

The truth is what I stated over 12 months ago....He isn't good enough for the standard of club his agent wants him to sign for.

As soon as it was 'Liverpool' that he was linked to, it became obvious nobody wanted him. There's not a Club in Europe Tielemans is less suited to, and it was so incredibly obvious his agent was making it all up.

I only hope it doesn't mean we extend his contract, he simply isn't worth £150k+, and would severely impact our ability to sign better players than him. I'm perfectly happy to let him go on a free next summer, to free up his wages.

We had an average season last season but for me Tielemans looked well off it for most of it.

I hope we don’t give him a massive new contract just because no one wants him.

I bet our board thought we have had loads of offers for him so maybe that’s where the rebuild idea has come from which has clearly stalled.

1 hour ago, FoxyLeon said:

Unbefcukinlievable

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, FoxTrott said:

It’s a bad situation.

I wish we'd be a bit more inventive and imaginative on this front! 

For example we could sell:

Ward £10m

Soyuncu £25m

Praet £8m

Perez £10m

That's £53m right there, and those figures are realistic imo. 

• Like 1