Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

36 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I wish we'd be a bit more inventive and imaginative on this front! 

For example we could sell:

Ward £10m

Soyuncu £25m

Praet £8m

Perez £10m

That's £53m right there, and those figures are realistic imo. 

They're not realistic though, because no one will match those players' wages, that's the problem.

We, by all accounts, have said these players are open for offers publicly, but no one's coming in with any.

What kind of club is going to sign those players? Unless someone like Villa (who've already done lots of business early) or Newcastle (who are probably looking higher than those players now) come in, then no one else will. Most non-PL clubs won't be able to match their wages realistically. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Sampson said:

They're not realistic though, because no one will match those players' wages, that's the problem.

We, by all accounts, have said these players are open for offers publicly, but no one's coming in with any.

What kind of club is going to sign those players? Unless someone like Villa (who've already done lots of business early) or Newcastle (who are probably looking higher than those players now) come in, then no one else will. Most non-PL clubs won't be able to match their wages realistically. 

Agree wages are a problem.

We don't actually know anything with regards to offers going out or coming in.

2 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

You need:

A) buying club interested in those players

B) buying club able to match or provide similar wages

C) the player to want to go to buying club

For example, what kind of club is going to spend £10m on Perez (who has had 2-3 poor years of football) and get close to his wages!?

Ok, take Perez out of it (admittedly, Perez is the most optimistic example on the list) that still leaves £43m to my original point.

3 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Ok, take Perez out of it (admittedly, Perez is the most optimistic example on the list) that still leaves £43m to my original point.

Not really though.

Who is going to spend £10m on Ward who's barely played for 4 years?

Praet is also reportedly on £77k a week according to google, no one is going to match that. I think another loan where the team plays partially his wages is the realistic course of events for Praet. He will be like Slimani I think when we just send him out on loans until his contract expires.

Soyuncu is realistically the only one who we might be able to sell, but no one seems particularly interested in him, especially when his contract expires next year and it's clear he doesn't want to sign and they can get him on a free next season when there's less risk attached to a player who's been very erratic at best for 18 months (as good as he was during the 2019/20 season).

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 3

Just now, Sampson said:

Not really though.

Who is going to spend £10m on Ward who's barely played for 4 years?

Preat is also reportedly on £77k a week according to google, no one is going to match that.

Soyuncu is realistically the only one who we might be able to sell, but no one seems particularly interested in him, especially when his contract expires next year and it's clear he doesn't want to sign and they can get him on a free next season when there's less risk attached to a player who's been very erratic at best for 18 months (as good as he was during the 2019/20 season).

I could see a lot of interest in Ward, at that price. Think you'd be pleasantly surprised. Watch this space, I reckon.

If we believe what we read (you can't have it all ways up on this) Praet will go for around that figure

I think Soyuncu will go for around £25m.

It's all opinions!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FoxyLeon said:

The truth is what I stated over 12 months ago....He isn't good enough for the standard of club his agent wants him to sign for.

As soon as it was 'Liverpool' that he was linked to, it became obvious nobody wanted him. There's not a Club in Europe Tielemans is less suited to, and it was so incredibly obvious his agent was making it all up.

I only hope it doesn't mean we extend his contract, he simply isn't worth £150k+, and would severely impact our ability to sign better players than him. I'm perfectly happy to let him go on a free next summer, to free up his wages.

If he signs for three years then paying him 150k per week is manageable. If he will only extend to summer 2024 then it’s v risky because we face the same problem next summer. 
we can sell him next summer for £25/30m minimum 

not paying him 7.5m per annum means we lose at least 25m next summer (nett loss 21m on that specific scenario) 

youri is good enough for a CL club who can pay that wage on the back of a £25m fee. 

And replacing youri this summer will cost the club - it’s not a zero sum game 

5 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I could see a lot of interest in Ward, at that price. Think you'd be pleasantly surprised. Watch this space, I reckon.

If we believe what we read (you can't have it all ways up on this) Praet will go for around that figure

I think Soyuncu will go for around £25m.

It's all opinions!

Cags will not fetch that price with a year left.  (On the back of his form this season) 

34 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

What will we get then?

If we manage to sell him then I reckon max £20m and more likely closer to 17.5m.  Anyone interested should be low balling us and trying to take him for 15m. 

of course we could manage to stick add ons into a deal which are difficult to hit (league or CL wins) and that could make it look better than it is.  But financially we can only put the guaranteed fee into our accounts 

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If we manage to sell him then I reckon max £20m and more likely closer to 17.5m.  Anyone interested should be low balling us and trying to take him for 15m. 

of course we could manage to stick add ons into a deal which are difficult to hit (league or CL wins) and that could make it look better than it is.  But financially we can only put the guaranteed fee into our accounts 

but his c*ck's fuching massive, though!!!!

14 hours ago, MalletFox said:

It could be, but let’s not pretend that Youri has all the playing cards here. He can play hardball, end up staying here and then not be played in a World Cup season. I’m sure he’d still make the Belgian squad but it would significantly impact his performance levels if he wasn’t playing regular football in the build up, and I for one wouldn’t feel inclined to start him every game if this scenario played out …

I hope it doesn't get nasty, but the club proved with Demarai Gray that a move-or-sign ultimatum can be given -- although, of course, Gray was much more peripheral to the team and a bit of a knob to boot.

But if the club is working under the assumption he is moving, it will get a replacement, and if Youri ends up staying, he might be benched with the gaffer looking to the future.

• Like 1

Everyone needs to relax. 

Youris on holiday and nothing will happen till he gets back. We know how he operates from when we signed him, he didn't mess about with utd may e he wanting him. He wanted to play, he went for the club that made him feel wanted. 

Fast forward three years and unless it's already been agreed behind the scenes I just can't see youri going to arsenal. He knows he's not their priority. 

Personally I think he'll be with us next year. I hope he signs a new contract but I think he's got a sensible head on his shoulders. The offers haven't come in like he hoped, so let's crack on and knuckle down with us. 

You can't begrudge him wanting to move to a bigger club for the sake of his career but he's also a very level headed young man who looks at the bigger picture when making decisions. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

Everyone needs to relax. 

Youris on holiday and nothing will happen till he gets back. We know how he operates from when we signed him, he didn't mess about with utd may e he wanting him. He wanted to play, he went for the club that made him feel wanted. 

Fast forward three years and unless it's already been agreed behind the scenes I just can't see youri going to arsenal. He knows he's not their priority. 

Personally I think he'll be with us next year. I hope he signs a new contract but I think he's got a sensible head on his shoulders. The offers haven't come in like he hoped, so let's crack on and knuckle down with us. 

You can't begrudge him wanting to move to a bigger club for the sake of his career but he's also a very level headed young man who looks at the bigger picture when making decisions. 

best comment.

Come one everyone,  let’s get to 100 pages of finding different ways to say the same things multiple times over and without any factual knowledge whatsoever. FT is more than capable of doing this, over this weekend with a push.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Come one everyone,  let’s get to 100 pages of finding different ways to say the same things multiple times over and without any factual knowledge whatsoever. FT is more than capable of doing this, over this weekend with a push.

Nicky Maynard, now there was a player….

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Roflcopters.  My thoughts exactly.  Yet I keep coming back time and again to this thread like an addict.  

1 hour ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I hope it doesn't get nasty, but the club proved with Demarai Gray that a move-or-sign ultimatum can be given -- although, of course, Gray was much more peripheral to the team and a bit of a knob to boot.

But if the club is working under the assumption he is moving, it will get a replacement, and if Youri ends up staying, he might be benched with the gaffer looking to the future.

...Rodgers will never drop him, or take away any available game time...!!!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

He can’t play for a top 6 side as he’s too chubby 😜

All joking aside, listening to RL - it was interesting to see Matt Piper actually say he needs to work on his fitness.

I say that as he’s normally less critical of players #playersunion

He’s not planning on leaving this summer, he will walk for free next summer and you’ll still have people here defending him. He’s ****ed us because we don’t have endless reserves of cash to see valuable talent run down their contract and leave for nothing. 

10 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Rodgers will never drop him, or take away any available game time...!!!

That's it you see, whether, his attitude, focus or general concentration has been variable to say the least , he is still a very high class player. Occasionally he performs to world class standard and Rodgers will be very reluctant to do without that.

• Like 1