Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Filip Benkovic Leaves Permanently

I suppose with the double signing of him and Soyuncu we were hedging our bets and maybe it's greedy to think both would come through big time. Soyuncu took time and has wobbled this season but I think we've had the combined value of the fees from him alone. Really feel something else was a factor as he didn't seem close to being used even when all CBs around him were dropping like flies.We think about his lack of involvement and career progression every now and then but for him it's there day in day out staring him in the face, coupled with injuries, failed loans and probably not feeling part of things it can all build up and have an affect, yes he's paid a big wedge but hopefully he's going to take his opportunity and be in a better place in terms of happiness and fulfillment. 

Very disappointing that a player of his rumoured talent amounted to about 90mins of football but the writing has, sadly, been on the wall for a while with this one. If it is genuinely personal reasons for which he has moved on then all the best to the lad, I hope he finds what it is he needs to get his career back on track. 

As for us, at least we had an exciting Deadline Day in summer 2018. 

Edited by LCCFox96

21 minutes ago, Peckfortonfox said:

After his start at Celtic thought he was going to be a good un. Lesson learnt, never judge a players ability from playing in Scotland 

Madders and Ward weren't all bad tbf. Maybe we should only send them to Aberdeen lol

(Incidently we're also after Calvin Ramsay another Aberdeen player)

Edited by TK95

If for personal reasons, then it would have been for the best to cancel his contract. Those saying we lost a lot of money on him, can I refer you to a certain over sale of a Maguire…kind of balances it out. For every good transfer there will be a less successful one. 

All the best to the bloke. I hope he finds his feet at another club. 

28 minutes ago, Peckfortonfox said:

After his start at Celtic thought he was going to be a good un. Lesson learnt, never judge a players ability from playing in Scotland 

This is a bit of a tired cliche isn't it?

There's been plenty like Tierney and Robertson, who have been successes in the Premier League. The Scottish top league is a decent grounding for those moving South. Eduoard is also beginning to look like a bit of a steal at the money Palace paid.

Ok, so it hasn't worked out with Benko. That's about him and Leicester City, nothing to do with any time he spent in Scotland.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

NOOOOOOOOOO!

Whoops, sorry for the trauma, the cream / jam order is all wrong isn't it, in my haste to post a "he's-gone" pun. Which only works if you call in a s-con rather than a s-cone, another debate entirely. Real can of worms I've opened!

30 minutes ago, Peckfortonfox said:

....nothing to do with his performances in Scotland, the injury is where it all fell apart and he has not been able to come to terms with the outcome!!!

This move was inevitable, I am surprised he has looked to another club to continue his career. It would have made sense that he took time off for the rest of the season to get his life together.

• Like 1