Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Filip Benkovic Leaves Permanently

Guest StevieLynex
1 hour ago, KFS said:

Good observation. None of them kicked on for us

Dragovic, Mandaric, Nish

Edited by StevieLynex

31 minutes ago, scinnell said:

Christmas forgot about Leon Crncic😂

I’m no conspiracy theorist, but I thoroughly believe he’s locked in a closet somewhere inside the King Power.

The only time we ever saw him was for his squad photo.

Edited by kingfox
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

If you've had that calculator less than a month, you can probably return it for a refund mate lol

Eh? 

13,000,000 / 94 =134,020.619! I wasn’t that far out. 

• Like 1

Strange one. I thought he looked decent in that Wigan game and after the praise he received at Celtic. If it was for personal reasons I don’t know why we didn’t follow this course of action sooner. Likewise if he wanted to be close to home then I don’t see how the Celtic loan would have helped things. 
We are all speculating but it is odd and disappointing for all sides. 
The players side of the story are normally revealed in a few months time in a tabloid somewhere. Brace yourselves though as they are usually not complimentary to the club in some way. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

There should be some sort of enquiry headed by a senior figure into why signing like Benkovic and Vestergaard have failed.

It shouldn't be swept under the carpet, the results would be beneficial for Leicester in future signings

...I would say either Rudkin or a member of his team would have done an analysis on things like this, evaluating what went wrong!!!

Commercial enterprises do these things as a matter of course, and the bigger you get, the more they will accept losses as an inevitable part of the business, and will attempt to mitigate as best as they can, with procedures and structures put in place.

Vestergaard is not yet for me, to be written off, he is slowly coming into his own as we have adjusted our backline recently, by dropping deeper and having someone with pace in the backline to cover him.

We all know about Benkovic, circumstances has caused his career at this club to stall. It is sad that it has come to this, but this is not about company failure just an unfortunate situation that took too long to address, and that will be mostly down to the support given to him by the club, as it seems whatever the problems he was going through, it was not to be solved by continuously sending him out, instead of addressing the real issues that was going on.

What ever the "personal reasons" are, (we may never know) but it has been obvious, that this was not a footballing problem.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

We made the mistake of not playing him straight after he came from Celtic, thinking he's not ready for the EPL. We should of just thrown him in the games. Think it must of effected him from being sensational at Celtic and then being asked to go on loan to Championship sides.

Not his fault he wasn’t ready for that step up in his career  :whistle:

5 hours ago, kingfox said:

We should stop signing players ending in Ic.

Benkovic

Ajdarevic

Crncic

Jakupovic

Kramaric

Terrible record :nono:

Signing players with a that name ending... just an 'ic' we need to scratch I suppose 😉

6 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I would say either Rudkin or a member of his team would have done an analysis on things like this, evaluating what went wrong!!!

Commercial enterprises do these things as a matter of course, and the bigger you get, the more they will accept losses as an inevitable part of the business, and will attempt to mitigate as best as they can, with procedures and structures put in place.

Vestergaard is not yet for me, to be written off, he is slowly coming into his own as we have adjusted our backline recently, by dropping deeper and having someone with pace in the backline to cover him.

We all know about Benkovic, circumstances has caused his career at this club to stall. It is sad that it has come to this, but this is not about company failure just an unfortunate situation that took too long to address, and that will be mostly down to the support given to him by the club, as it seems whatever the problems he was going through, it was not to be solved by continuously sending him out, instead of addressing the real issues that was going on.

What ever the "personal reasons" are, (we may never know) but it has been obvious, that this was not a footballing problem.

I don't think loans spells at clubs who don't have much intention of using you regularly can have helped much, particularly Leuven. At the very least it must be confidence sapping. On a more human side however, I hope his personal problems subside and he has a good career. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Sly said:

£13,000,000

67 minutes in the FA Cup. 

27 minutes in the EFL Cup. 

That’s about £138,000 per minute for every first team game he played for us. 

Probably not as simple as that. Transfers are structured in all sorts of mysterious ways and his deal may be based on appearances, international call ups, loyalty bonus' etc. LCFC have probably not paid anywhere near the quoted figures. 

23 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Probably not as simple as that. Transfers are structured in all sorts of mysterious ways and his deal may be based on appearances, international call ups, loyalty bonus' etc. LCFC have probably not paid anywhere near the quoted figures. 

Plus we would have received some small loan fees along the way.