Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vindaloo FOX

Youri replacement ?

If Napoli fail to get champions league. I think elmas would be exactly the type of signing that would work for us. 

22. probably costs around £30m. Not the finished article yet and consequently attainable for a decent fee. 

4 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

If Napoli fail to get champions league. I think elmas would be exactly the type of signing that would work for us. 

22. probably costs around £30m. Not the finished article yet and consequently attainable for a decent fee. 

Three solid years for Napoli, strong player but can you persuade him to swap Naples for Leicester. The contract would have to be pretty big.

42 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Three solid years for Napoli, strong player but can you persuade him to swap Naples for Leicester. The contract would have to be pretty big.

About 80k a week should do it, that would double his money from what he reportedly currently earns. Not earth shattering in EPL terms that wage.

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

I think Elmas is a bit more like Maddison than he is Tielemans

If you want Napoli's "Youri" that would be Fabian, but he will end up at one of the massive clubs next

43 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

About 80k a week should do it, that would double his money from what he reportedly currently earns. Not earth shattering in EPL terms that wage.

Thing is Napoli are a bigger outfit than us in a major city with a huge support base and not far from his home country. Everybody has a price but it would have to be big. In many ways he could fill the Youri gap because he is a mature player for his age but it would be a real coup for us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Thing is Napoli are a bigger outfit than us in a major city with a huge support base and not far from his home country. Everybody has a price but it would have to be big. In many ways he could fill the Youri gap because he is a mature player for his age but it would be a real coup for us.

Elmas is a different type of player to Tielemans, he's more advanced, if looking for a comparison think Maddison.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Elmas is a different type of player to Tielemans, he's more advanced, if looking for a comparison think Maddison.

Ideally players like Maddison and Elmas are not one dimensional. Its a big job CM. It calls for creativity, defensive skills and a share of goals. Maddison needs to up his defensive work but otherwise is complete. I would hope Elmas also has these qualities.

4 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Linked with him before he went to Napoli as well.

I’m not particularly clued up on players outside of our own but with regards to JWP why is he still at Saints if there is much more to his game than his set piece abilities? At 27 surely by now a bigger club would have took him on if he had much more to offer? 

24 minutes ago, Fox1980 said:

So after months of negotiations no deal has been struck as of yet. It doesn’t say he’s not interested in staying so what is it Youri’s agent is asking for I wonder? 🤔

After Maddison’s BooHoo range he’s holding out for 5% stake in Fox and Crop…

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bptiger said:

We will go for a trusted placed favourite to replace YOURI , it will be Danny drink water . Won’t cost a lot . 
but we really need a European type play maker , someone from Spain or Germany 

Danny Drinkwater? Behave lol 

Edited by buzzer_b

He aint even left yet 😂. I would like him to re-sign even if it was so we could get top dollar for him…. A mahrez type deal. We helped him.. hopefully he will help us. In terms of replacement we have KDH who still has some progress to come … again its a mahrez type situation were is there anyone as good or can be as good as youri to buy….