Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vindaloo FOX

Youri replacement ?

44 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Go all out with a big bid for Gallagher? He's less of a Youri type and perhaps more of a KDH/Maddison hybrid. Could work on the right of a diamond or a midfield three with him and KDH either side of Ndidi.

Would love him here

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Would love him here

I think he'd easily replace Saul and jump ahead of Barkley and Loftus-Cheek in the Chelsea pecking order. But Chelsea do like selling a youth prospect, and think they'd be tempted by a respectable bid.

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

I’m not sure when their deals run out, but if they can’t move Barkley and Loftus-Cheek on either, where do they accommodate him?

They might think taking the money is acceptable if they need to improve other positions, all depends on how much a club like ourselves would be willing to pay. 

....the English premium is too much, we can get a better deals in Europe!!!

21 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

Go all out with a big bid for Gallagher? He's less of a Youri type and perhaps more of a KDH/Maddison hybrid. Could work on the right of a diamond or a midfield three with him and KDH either side of Ndidi.

Gallagher would be great, but the reality is we would end up with Gilmour 

Edit* I actually had Gilmour and KDH as my cm's on fm 20 and they were absolutely banging 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

I haven't completely decided if he's truly good enough yet but Riqui Puig will be leaving Barcelona this summer and technique wise he's unbelievable but he's very very small. Would he stand up to PL football? Would our lack of height in midfield mean we couldn't accommodate him? I can see Wolvws getting him as Moutinho's long term replacement.

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I haven't completely decided if he's truly good enough yet but Riqui Puig will be leaving Barcelona this summer and technique wise he's unbelievable but he's very very small. Would he stand up to PL football? Would our lack of height in midfield mean we couldn't accommodate him? I can see Wolvws getting him as Moutinho's long term replacement.

For me he is too boring, passes the ball backwards a lot. As you’ve said basically he lacks any sort of physicality. 

the idea though to target players in those sorts of situations is a good idea though, 

55 minutes ago, Phenom said:

How about Brais Mendez from Celta de Vigo? Just turned 25 and has been called up the Spanish national team recently. 12.6 million valuation on Transfermarkt.AAB2AF24-C6F2-440C-BD39-4A94CBCADD9D.thumb.jpeg.50c33f28cbfd6cf7e11605a130eca13e.jpeg

Have a feeling we were linked a few summers back, could be wrong tho 

• Like 3

We dont Need a Youri  replacement...

I am still waiting for a Rowley,D.Gibson,K.Weller, Worthington, Kante replacements...

Plus many more...

Youri is a Belgian, We could Call in Poirot, cos its criminal, what has happened to us..

I'd Greet Tintin  & Captain Haddock with Open arms

Juventus were in contact last summer for him and remain interested

http://sportwitness.co.uk/contact-already-place-sign-leicester-city-player-foxes-look-highest-bidder/

Il Bianconero reports there was contact last summer over signing the midfielder, but Leicester City’s stance, of the player being non-transferable or ‘almost’ in that bracket, saw the Turin side walk away.

Juve interest ‘remains’ in the player but he’s not their first choice.

It’s stated Leicester could sell to the ‘highest bidder’ in the summer, and whilst Juventus aren’t rushing forward, contact is in place, and Tielemans is one of a number of options for the Serie A side.

On 28/02/2022 at 18:58, Phenom said:

How about Brais Mendez from Celta de Vigo? Just turned 25 and has been called up the Spanish national team recently. 12.6 million valuation on Transfermarkt.AAB2AF24-C6F2-440C-BD39-4A94CBCADD9D.thumb.jpeg.50c33f28cbfd6cf7e11605a130eca13e.jpeg

I dont know Youri's stats but this guy doesnt look great. 3 forward passes a game with a pass completion of 79%.

Fabian Ruiz. Makes Napoi tick and very comfortable on the ball. Similar player to Youri and in the last year of his contract. Only down side is that most of the big boys will be interested.

20 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Fabian Ruiz. Makes Napoi tick and very comfortable on the ball. Similar player to Youri and in the last year of his contract. Only down side is that most of the big boys will be interested.

Straight swap for Youri maybe but we can't offer CL football. It would have to be a very lucrative contract.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, l444ry said:

......he looks a good player, he loves to wrap his foot around a ball, just goes to prove you do not need pace on a ball when shooting!!!

There are the occasional clips of our team on there, check out the last clips, virtually all eleven of our players in the box and no one closing down the shot.

Edited by sacreblueits442
  • Like 1

McGregor at Celtic. He's the bees knees up there and it's on record that Rodgers loves him. Scottish player values are incredibly low (I know there's a reason for that!), but McGregor is quality and whenever I've seen him, I thought, "he is good enough for the PL". And he's very much in the Tielemans mould - sitting behind the attacking midfielders / wide players / forwards, but providing the link to them. A great passer of the ball, he get stuck in, is a leader - and gets a few goals. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

......he looks a good player, he loves to wrap his foot around a ball, just goes to prove to do not need pace on a ball when shooting!!!

There are the occasional clips of our team on there, check out the last clips, virtually all eleven of our players in the box and no one closing down the shot.

0% chance of this, he will go to a Man City, PSG, Real Madrid type next. 

Still think Dahoud is achievable and a top quality player in a similar mould to Youri 

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 2