Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vindaloo FOX

Youri replacement ?

When we were flying, Tielemans, like Rodgers, was in high demand.  Both have  been off form and are not so attractive to tother clubs.  They kind of need to prove themselves again.

If class is permanent, hopefully both have genuine class.

Tielemans dip in form means he is not  automatic first choice currently.   

I think he will come good again. It might be in his best interests to sign a new contract at Leicester.  There are few clubs where he would have won a trophy.

1 hour ago, majaco said:

When we were flying, Tielemans, like Rodgers, was in high demand.  Both have  been off form and are not so attractive to tother clubs.  They kind of need to prove themselves again.

If class is permanent, hopefully both have genuine class.

Tielemans dip in form means he is not  automatic first choice currently.   

I think he will come good again. It might be in his best interests to sign a new contract at Leicester.  There are few clubs where he would have won a trophy.

....he has ran his contract down, creating a bigger pool of teams who can afford to buy him (a wise move)!!!

He will look at offers in the summer and like I always believed, he will decide to stay. That will be a bad move, as we will probably go overboard to keep him, but with his performances this season and how inconsistent he has been, even in the same game, it will prove to be an ill advised decision in the long run.

I can only believe he has no control over his poor passing and inability to drive this team, as it happens too often and you do do not expect, someone with his talents to constantly be so poor in games.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/03/2022 at 05:21, lcfc sheff said:

Not a chance surely he’d have done it now, a few wins won’t change that.

wait until he is a free agent, send a few interested clubs his desired contract and catch a slow train to London on a stated morning.

Agent hosts signing on fee auction and the Mrs decides where he is goes from St Pancreas,

Flight to Milan or straight back to Leicester....... with a new contract and 20 million in his pocket.

What will she decide?

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/03/2022 at 08:41, Daveb5569 said:

Norwich are on their way down think a cheeky bid for Cantwell

Im convinced that hes totally overated and crap. No thanks

Edited by Simoken

On 12/03/2022 at 09:59, NewquayFox said:

Got a strange feeling Tielemans is going to sign a new contract… :ph34r:

Let’s hope not, take what we can and get rid , always a legend but nowhere near the quality some think.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Simoken said:

Im convinced that hes totally overated and crap. No thanks

I Dont think he Shows the same potential as Maddison did...

hes ok, But Now we should be upping our potential I would rather Stay with Praet, Praet brings a bit more to the harder side...

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Ian S said:

Let’s hope not, take what we can and get rid , always a legend but nowhere near the quality some think.

I agree, I'd currently sooner have Mendy in the side as he is consistent and offers more to the team over the full 90 minutes. 

• Like 1

On 09/03/2022 at 20:29, Lesta2014 said:

Doubt we’d be able to get him but I’d go for Gallagher from Chelsea if won’t be in their squad next season. 

When you posted that I thought 'well, he's nothing like Youri and won't be on our radar'. But Rodgers has clearly told Percy that a high energy box to box no.8 is a priority - and no one fits that description better than Gallagher. 

A 3 of KDH, Gallagher and Ndidi would go a long way to addressing our lack of pace and physicality. I like it!

Mendy, Soumare and occasionally Maddison (as an 8, though he's better at 10) would give us good depth and rotation/substitution options.

So I'm with you @Lesta2014, if Youri leaves, CG's the man.

Small problem then of persuading Chelsea to sell...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Small problem then of persuading Chelsea to sell...

£50 million should do it and he would accept 7 million a year I would think. Main problem is ,where on earth would we find the money?

4 hours ago, alanf0x said:

Mendy over Youri. I’ve heard it all now!!!

At this moment in time absolutely yes. Not suggesting he's the better player at all but I just don't believe that you should play players merely upon reputation or past glories. Hero worship should not come into it.

Tielemans has had ample opportunity for a return to form this season but he simply hasn't taken them and he's a weak link offering little.

Mendy, fresh and confident following his return from Afcon has produced consistent performances. His passing is accurate and progressive as opposed to Tielemans who is constantly giving the ball to the opposition. 

A spell on the bench would serve to rest him if fatigue is part of the problem. If its something more sinister like coasting because his heart isn't in it then he's just going to have a rethink if he wants to play and get himself in the shop window. We certainly wouldn't miss his current limp contributions.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 3

A proven, Tielemans-like player is out of contract in June.

Brentford have won three of the four matches Eriksen has featured in, with him missing their defeat at Leicester due to testing positive for COVID-19.  They were going at a rate of 0.44 points per game in 2022 before he played; since his debut it's been 2.25 points per match in his four appearances.

CE-YT2.thumb.JPG.e4553b868b6732086fc734fe5bd75bc6.JPG

He's not young, he'd have to be coached to defend more ... but he's at his peak and, given his health risk, may have little choice but to sign a contract built on a reasonable base salary plus incentives.

If he could stay healthy, he'd do great things for our attack.  Too much of a flyer?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KingsX said:

Brentford have won three of the four matches Eriksen has featured in, with him missing their defeat at Leicester due to testing positive for COVID-19.  They were going at a rate of 0.44 points per game in 2022 before he played; since his debut it's been 2.25 points per match in his four appearances.

He's not young, he'd have to be coached to defend more ... but he's at his peak and, given his health risk, may have little choice but to sign a contract built on a reasonable base salary plus incentives.

If he could stay healthy, he'd do great things for our attack.  Too much of a flyer?

....massive question mark against bringing him in...!!!

Yacine Adli would be a great fit for us, less worry about health problems.

5 hours ago, KingsX said:

I just worry about his health: Cardiac arrest means you are a heart patient for life. Anyone can find a Dr. Spaceman (30 Rock reference) to give you a good bill of health. A tricky heart is a tricky heart. I'd hate to support the team that signed him if he collapsed on the field while I was watching.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I just worry about his health: Cardiac arrest means you are a heart patient for life. Anyone can find a Dr. Spaceman (30 Rock reference) to give you a good bill of health. A tricky heart is a tricky heart. I'd hate to support the team that signed him if he collapsed on the field while I was watching.

...that is my biggest worry!!!

Don’t worry about signing a player to replace YOURI , the way he is playing we could put a 10 year old in and do the same job . I can’t believe how much he had fallen , he’s either just waiting to leave or he doesn’t give a damn anymore because in a year he can walk away and demand a higher salary as the new club won’t pay a fee 

• Like 1

....taken from the Monaco site!!!

Posted September 19, 2018

Same as Amstram, no matter where he plays, his performances are always average/mediocre.

I hope golovin's return will not make him slide lower (and lose balls by missing every pass), but on the bench.

As long as he does not put intensity, he has nothing to do as a holder (except when we have absentees obviously like at the moment).

He runs even less than Rabiot, a scandal. He absolutely does not move his ass, he doesn't give a damn. And that's the problem with him not the position where he plays.

Step up your Tielemans game! 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I know what you mean and was thinking the same when we appeared to be having a look in Jan. I've changed a bit now though because he could easily have retired and never played football again. He must be set for life financially so it's his love of the game/wanting to compete at the highest level he can that has got him playing again. If someone really wants to do something and knows the risks then it's up to them. I can't see anyone giving him a long contract, as he won't get insured but a yearly contract with someone will definitely happen at least so why not us. 

9 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....taken from the Monaco site!!!

Posted September 19, 2018

Same as Amstram, no matter where he plays, his performances are always average/mediocre.

I hope golovin's return will not make him slide lower (and lose balls by missing every pass), but on the bench.

As long as he does not put intensity, he has nothing to do as a holder (except when we have absentees obviously like at the moment).

He runs even less than Rabiot, a scandal. He absolutely does not move his ass, he doesn't give a damn. And that's the problem with him not the position where he plays.

Step up your Tielemans game! 

Wow, that's pretty damning isn't it, is history repeating itself?

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

Wow, that's pretty damning isn't it, is history repeating itself?

...yep fraid so!!!

Just reading their Youri thread, they were exasperated with him in 2018 and it just never seemed to get better. The talk was his position in the team and whether he should be a 6/8 or a #10. The thought was that a 3 in midfield would help him but his lack of work rate, even with players around him doing the hard yards, gave a greater contrast to his lack of efforts out on the pitch.

I have posted before that me biggest dissapointment with him was that he has repeated the same scenario to happen here. He is either a very good and calculating  businessman or there is something inherent missing from him that he fails to understand the feelings of the people surrounding him.

....Taken from the Monaco thread 25/01/2019:

If ever there's an offer of 30 million, I don't see them refusing, especially since you shouldn't dream, and accept not to always make a big gain on everyone.

At least, you recover a little more than the starting bet and you limit the damage.

I'm sure he doesn't have the right mentality to succeed at a club like ours, he reminds me of Almamy on this point, these guys can be good at a

team that rotates every year but if you can't count on them when the team is in a difficult season.

Because it's not players who go to the coal, who will put themselves shabby on the ground.

Him, we were sold as the future football star but he played in Anderlecht, in a team that dominated his subject every year, I don't blame the leaders too much 

to have bought it because its personality was difficult to define, beyond its simple potential player.

I think they were fooled by the fact that he was captain despite his young age. However, since he has been with us, we no longer see a player who is hiding, who is running away from his responsibilities,

I don't see him exploding in intermediate teams when he can be good in dominant teams.

Frankly, it must be sold before its value drops dizzily and the English clubs are the obvious pigeons.

• Like 1