Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vindaloo FOX

Youri replacement ?

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...yep fraid so!!!

Just reading their Youri thread, they were exasperated with him in 2018 and it just never seemed to get better. The talk was his position in the team and whether he should be a 6/8 or a #10. The thought was that a 3 in midfield would help him but his lack of work rate, even with players around him doing the hard yards, gave a greater contrast to his lack of efforts out on the pitch.

I have posted before that me biggest dissapointment with him was that he has repeated the same scenario to happen here. He is either a very good and calculating  businessman or there is something inherent missing from him that he fails to understand the feelings of the people surrounding him.

....Taken from the Monaco thread 25/01/2019:

If ever there's an offer of 30 million, I don't see them refusing, especially since you shouldn't dream, and accept not to always make a big gain on everyone.

At least, you recover a little more than the starting bet and you limit the damage.

I'm sure he doesn't have the right mentality to succeed at a club like ours, he reminds me of Almamy on this point, these guys can be good at a

team that rotates every year but if you can't count on them when the team is in a difficult season.

Because it's not players who go to the coal, who will put themselves shabby on the ground.

Him, we were sold as the future football star but he played in Anderlecht, in a team that dominated his subject every year, I don't blame the leaders too much 

to have bought it because its personality was difficult to define, beyond its simple potential player.

I think they were fooled by the fact that he was captain despite his young age. However, since he has been with us, we no longer see a player who is hiding, who is running away from his responsibilities,

I don't see him exploding in intermediate teams when he can be good in dominant teams.

Frankly, it must be sold before its value drops dizzily and the English clubs are the obvious pigeons.

Wow! In fairness he is a character who can divide opinions. Personally, I think there are a lot of supporters that look through blue tinted glasses living in the hope that we had the next Pirlo on our hands when we signed him and subsequently give him too much leeway. Yes, he can produce a defence splitting pinpoint pass, but it's not as if it happens regularly. Yes, he's also got a decent shot on him but also see as the above.

His work rate at best varies, he regularly gives up possession easily and lacks pace. If Tielemens gives up possession it's because he was trying to do something special, if it's Ndidi, KDH or Armarty, it's because they're not good enough. 

His overall contributions for me are looked upon far more sympathetically than a number of other of our players that come under heavy criticism from time to time. If he wants to sign a new contact then it needs to be as soon as the season ends or quickly get rid. If he does sign, his performances this season make him unworthy of us breaking the bank for him.

Overall it's perhaps best if he goes before things turn sour, perhaps he just needs a different challenge?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Overall it's perhaps best if he goes before things turn sour, perhaps he just needs a different challenge?

.....not going to help, the same issues that were being voiced are the same as being said in 2018!!!

He just is not developing as he should do, allowances are being made for him with us, as was at Monaco, and in the end they were glad to get rid of him. If he does not sign a new contract at the end of this season and continues to perform like how he is doing at the moment, it will become very toxic and it will be of his own making. We on this forum has viewed toxic threads on this forum, unless he signs, it will become a very nasty season, where it maybe best we loan him out, to cover his wages, just like Monaco....rinse and repeat.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Tielemans has improved recently and you're a prat if you haven't realised. His performance 2nd half at Old Trafford was very good but he's still got a long way to get back to the level he was at last season. His ability to stamp this authority in European games is still yet to be seen bar the odd flash of brilliance, it would be very timely for him to put in such a display next week for us.

.....any upturn on what was previously been seen, is overdue!!!

As you said he is a long way from previous levels where he excelled. An inability to stamp any authority on European games only re-enforces what I am saying. Would love to see him picking up his game and be more influential, we need to see it more often.

Totally understand you have an opinion on this matter, but resorting to name calling....really!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....any upturn on what was previously been seen, is overdue!!!

As you said he is a long way from previous levels where he excelled. An inability to stamp any authority on European games only re-enforces what I am saying. Would love to see him picking up his game and be more influential, we need to see it more often.

Totally understand you have an opinion on this matter, but resorting to name calling....really!!!

The naming calling wasn't levelled at individual's, it was a statement.

I think we have our Youri replacement in KDH. Yes I know, that’s going to pop a few blood vessels around here, but I’m becoming more and more impressed with his creativity and range of passing and that goal was top drawer.. 

I think if he had the no. 8 and was able to play in a more advanced role, he could really excel. I’d rather we put the money into the defense and a class right winger.. he’s got a better work rate than youri and a little bit more pace and strength.  He’s probably still got a year or so before he can truly be in the same class as Youri but I think the squad would be better balanced if we put all our focus on getting some class in on the right.. we’ll mostly play with a midfield 3 but I’m beginning to think he can play long term as a middle 2 aswell..

Edited by MPH

2 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

Well it’s less likely to be Connor Gallagher after today…

....I was hoping to see Olise today!!!

Would have liked to contrast his game with Madueke, Gallagher was a surprise how ineffective he was. Eze was a player I wanted us to go for 18 months or so, he injected more quality into Palace when he came on, very good player.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....not going to help, the same issues that were being voiced are the same as being said in 2018!!!

He just is not developing as he should do, allowances are being made for him with us, as was at Monaco, and in the end they were glad to get rid of him. If he does not sign a new contract at the end of this season and continues to perform like how he is doing at the moment, it will become very toxic and it will be of his own making. We on this forum has viewed toxic threads on this forum, unless he signs, it will become a very nasty season, where it maybe best we loan him out, to cover his wages, just like Monaco....rinse and repeat.

I’m confused, loan him out and then his contract will have ran out? Why on earth would we do that. 

1 hour ago, Hamilton Fox said:

I’m confused, loan him out and then his contract will have ran out? Why on earth would we do that. 

...Monaco did, admittedly with an option attached!!!

Unless he is putting in performances, we will have to sit and watch, as he runs his contract down and leaves for nothing. 

17 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

The more I watch of Normann, the more I want him, may be slightly injury prone but there is some player there. Take a look at this pass for Pukki’s goal.

This Normann chap is the Lidl version of Sammy Braybrooke :P. No thankyou! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LestaLad said:

The more I watch of Normann, the more I want him, may be slightly injury prone but there is some player there. Take a look at this pass for Pukki’s goal.

Really don't see what the point would be.

I am beginning to see a case for fastracking Braybrooke. Loaning him out to a lower division would probably not suit him at all. He could be a core player for us very quickly. I would still like to see the return of Praet though, he could still be an important player for us. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Have you mentioned this before?

Sorry to keep banging on about it but given Tielemans inconsistency another experienced midfielder is vital. We are paying Dennis a lot of money so all the talk about a rift with Rodgers should be put aside. We are only going to have to buy somebody else anyway and that ,to me, is unnecessary expense.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Still think Orkan Kocku is Tielemans replacement, having a sensational season at Feyenoord.

I get nervous about players from that division. 

So many look like world beaters and then flop when they move to the PL. 

19 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

I get nervous about players from that division. 

So many look like world beaters and then flop when they move to the PL. 

Same as any other league really, just some of the players who have flopped have flopped massively and became comedy figures like Alves.

I know it's not very realistic but I would loooove Caqueret from Lyon, a midfield of Dewsbury-Hall/Mendy/Caqueret would be just sublime and could control the game against any PL side. I daresay West Ham at the very least would no longer cause us problems. 

If Newcastle can nab Guimaeres from them, surely we can try for Caqueret whose contract is running out.