Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vindaloo FOX

Youri replacement ?

Is it possible that we don’t replace him? Play Ndid/Mendy as the CDM with KDH left and Madders right.  That puts Madders in his better position rather than out wide and we can spend the money buying the ever missing left footed right winger Mahrez replacement.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mint23 said:

Is it possible that we don’t replace him? Play Ndid/Mendy as the CDM with KDH left and Madders right.  That puts Madders in his better position rather than out wide and we can spend the money buying the ever missing left footed right winger Mahrez replacement.

Yes we would likely need another body in midfield should he leave, not sure if Praet could be that, or somebody brought in

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Mint23 said:

I really like the look of Kokcu at Feyenoord or a player slightly different in style - Camara at Olympiakos who seems a star in the making playing the sort of 6/8/10 box to box or attacking midfield with ease.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mint23 said:

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yes we would likely need another body in midfield should he leave, not sure if Praet could be that, or somebody brought in

If we don’t qualify for Europe we could get away with less numbers in midfield. Sell Youri and keep Ndidi, Mendy, Hamza, KDH, Praet and Madders and give a few youngsters a run in the league cup?

13 minutes ago, Mint23 said:

If we don’t qualify for Europe we could get away with less numbers in midfield. Sell Youri and keep Ndidi, Mendy, Hamza, KDH, Praet and Madders and give a few youngsters a run in the league cup?

Quite possibly if we don't qualify for Europe, or we might go for a younger prospect who can play as an 8 and 10 who could be cover for both KDH and Madders. There's also Soumare who'll be given a second season to prove he can replicate his form from the France league into the EPL

We should look to sell Tielemans asap. He’s clearly not interested and we should be looking to replace him. The way he’s played this season he won’t be missed. What a shame. Deserves a move to spurs so his career goes down the pan. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, frany104 said:

We should look to sell Tielemans asap. He’s clearly not interested and we should be looking to replace him. The way he’s played this season he won’t be missed. What a shame. Deserves a move to spurs so his career goes down the pan. 

so many were off form first half of the season.. his future maybe elsewhere but to be fair to him his form has improved last few weeks. He probably will be sold end of the season but you are doing yourself no favours by saying his career deserves to go down the pan. All you do is make yourself look a bit silly…

Edited by MPH
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, MPH said:

so many were off form first half of the season.. his future maybe elsewhere but to be fair to him his form has improved last few weeks. He probably will be sold end of the season but you are doing yourself no favours by saying his career deserves to go down the pan. All you do is make yourself look a bit silly…

I agree with all of that except his form improving the last few weeks.  He still looks listless and disinterested. 

There is no doubt in my mind he will return to form but without Praet or any real like for like substitute we will need to be patient. At the moment we are coping quite well so it is not a great problem. If there is no definite interest from another top club, I think he will be here next season.

22 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

There is no doubt in my mind he will return to form but without Praet or any real like for like substitute we will need to be patient. At the moment we are coping quite well so it is not a great problem. If there is no definite interest from another top club, I think he will be here next season.

Hope not!

Don't want another season of half arsed performances from him.

22 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Without Praet? He was average when he was here. He isn’t a replacement. 

we need a new player to come in. I’d be looking at someone young and hungry: Morgan Gibbs-White?

19 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Without Praet? He was average when he was here. He isn’t a replacement. 

we need a new player to come in. I’d be looking at someone young and hungry: Morgan Gibbs-White?

I wasn't thinking of Praet as an exact replacement but a lot want Youri benching now and we haven't got an obvious stand in.

On 17/04/2022 at 08:48, lcfceaves said:

We not giving Soumare a chance then? 

If he doesn't do it in training than he's not going to get a sniff of the field.

On 15/04/2022 at 23:18, Tielemans63 said:

Why on Earth would you want this for the guy who scored the winner for us in the FA Cup final? Unbelievable.

He's not been great this season but fvck me, he hasn't refused to play, demanded a transfer or said anything that in any way criticises the club. His crime is to not sign a new contract.

Sorry but that's a shocking attitude to take toward a player who has, for the most part, been a fabulous player for us.

How about hes not good enough, to slow, unaware when on the ball of players directly near him, shocking back passes and he is holding us back, oh yes he scored at wembley

7 minutes ago, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

How about hes not good enough, to slow, unaware when on the ball of players directly near him, shocking back passes and he is holding us back, oh yes he scored at wembley

So for those reasons, you hope his career goes down the pan? Are you that vindictive or did you not actually read my post properly?

Didn't say we shouldn't sell him, I asked why you would want to see his career fizzle out. 

In my opinion he has a special place in LCFC history after scoring the winner in a cup final - would you disagree with that?

12 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

So for those reasons, you hope his career goes down the pan? Are you that vindictive or did you not actually read my post properly?

Didn't say we shouldn't sell him, I asked why you would want to see his career fizzle out. 

In my opinion he has a special place in LCFC history after scoring the winner in a cup final - would you disagree with that?

i didnt say his career should fizzle out