Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vindaloo FOX

Youri replacement ?

1 hour ago, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

i didnt say his career should fizzle out

No, the original poster did, which is what I have just pointed out. You're responding to something you haven't read properly.

You don’t alway need „ that world beater“ to fill that believed classy-players position..

we could use a 3 of Praet,KDH,Maddison or. Soumare,KDH,Maddison both choices using a different approach and style or just setting up differently..It might be presently another unknown, who just offers something different.

If a midfield span collective ups and improves the collective quality ,prudency sometimes wins through..

I for one, don’t understand for instance the idea we must play a  “ a DM “..

I am not sold or idolic on any Player, I would like to see Tielemans stay,but if he decides to go so be it.

12 hours ago, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

Im saying the man is a fraud just like we were told by the Monaco fans, plays for a contract not the club or his team mates, they were well rid of him, we will think the same way eventually

Fraud 😂 fcuking hell

• 2 weeks later...

Would people consider Oxlade Chamberlain as a viable option to help fill youri's spot.

IF and its a big IF he can stay fit, he was a mainstay in that liverpool midfield a couple of years back, he's been fit for most of the season this year just can't get in the team. 

Would add creativity, energy, has wanted to play centre mid for years.

Surely would be available at a good price too £15-20m maybe

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jonzey01 said:

Would people consider Oxlade Chamberlain as a viable option to help fill youri's spot.

IF and its a big IF he can stay fit, he was a mainstay in that liverpool midfield a couple of years back, he's been fit for most of the season this year just can't get in the team. 

not a bad shout tbf but I just think its too much of a gamble with his injury record and our interesting approach to injured players. 

2 hours ago, Jonzey01 said:

Id rather not

Even when he's fit he's being kept out of that team by Keita

On 18/04/2022 at 18:05, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

Im saying the man is a fraud just like we were told by the Monaco fans, plays for a contract not the club or his team mates, they were well rid of him, we will think the same way eventually

So our FA Cup scoring (to win the game) midfielder who has not had a great season by his standards is a fraud? What about last season when he was our best player?

2 hours ago, Jonzey01 said:

...probably the reason why he has remained injury free is that he is not getting game time!!!

I would have to pass up on this, injury history stops me from going down that route and we have players who can come in and make a difference, who are younger with a resale price.

2 hours ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

So our FA Cup scoring (to win the game) midfielder who has not had a great season by his standards is a fraud? What about last season when he was our best player?

One superb final winning  goal and one good season does not equal a class player, see Danny Drinkwater

Edited by willie-bell-in-rothley
ADDED

9 minutes ago, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

One superb final winning  goal and one good season does not equal a class player, see Danny Drinkwater

OK... One baddish season and you think he is like Danny Drinkwater?  What about the previous 2 seasons where we have finished 5th? Was that with his help or despite him being in the team?

Sigh. This thread has certainly gone down the pan.

In an effort to get the thread back on topic, what qualities are we looking for to fill Youri's shoes when he leaves? Do we want a deep lying playmaker, or more of a number 8? A right-sided box-to-box mid to complement KDH, or more of a steely leader who puts his foot on the ball and calms it all down?

To me, the natural evolution is for Maddison to drop back into a number 8 position like he did last night and in previous seasons, playing alongside KDH.

What we therefore need is a deep-lying playmaker who has an eye for a pass and the mobility to break up play. Wilf has the latter, but not the former, IMHO. Youri is the opposite.

Maddison can then push up into the number 10 spaces more often, knowing his defensive work is being covered by the DM.

1 hour ago, CloudFox said:

To me, the natural evolution is for Maddison to drop back into a number 8 position like he did last night and in previous seasons, playing alongside KDH.

What we therefore need is a deep-lying playmaker who has an eye for a pass and the mobility to break up play. Wilf has the latter, but not the former, IMHO. Youri is the opposite.

Maddison can then push up into the number 10 spaces more often, knowing his defensive work is being covered by the DM.

a bit like mendy you mean?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Greg2607 said:

a bit like mendy you mean?

Basically, yes 😅. It's so annoying he's not in the Europa Conference squad!

A bit more height and robustness would be welcome, but I really like Mendy. I'm just not sure he'll stay after wanting to leave the last couple of windows. Perhaps having the opportunity to play will change his mind on that though. 

Edited by CloudFox
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, CloudFox said:

Sigh. This thread has certainly gone down the pan.

In an effort to get the thread back on topic, what qualities are we looking for to fill Youri's shoes when he leaves? Do we want a deep lying playmaker, or more of a number 8? A right-sided box-to-box mid to complement KDH, or more of a steely leader who puts his foot on the ball and calms it all down?

...I will take "C" the steeley leader, who can put his foot on the ball and calm it all down!!! 

We haven't had one of those for ages and apart from a RW, someone we really really need.

• Like 1