Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vindaloo FOX

Youri replacement ?

One for the future - I wouldn’t mind going for Cardiffs Tommy doyle on loan from Man City if we could get him on loan or better still purchase as Man City are so well stocked in that area. He is hard working, can tackle and pick a great pass as well as get forward and support the attack. Every time I see him he looks the part and getting better. 

• Like 1

I know he’s been mentioned before but JWP would be ideal if we stick with the 433, hurdle will be price unless he pushes to get out, if he wants to be an ENG regular and get the most out of his career, he won’t stay put.

He would mirror KDH, hardworking etc with the added bonus of set piece play, will bring leadership to the midfield & will be a starter from day 1.

I think we need to stop looking for a Tielemens replacement & judging x player against Youri but a player that fits the system, we all know very well it’s hard to find a like for like player.

Edited by BKLFox
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

I know he’s been mentioned before but JWP would be ideal if we stick with the 433, hurdle will be price unless he pushes to get out, if he wants to be an ENG regular and get the most out of his career, he won’t stay put.

He would mirror KDH, hardworking etc with the added bonus of set piece play, will bring leadership to the midfield & will be a starter from day 1.

I think we need to stop looking for a Tielemens replacement & judging x player against Youri but a player that fits the system, we all know very well it’s hard to find a like for like player.

I agree that JWP would be ideal, I just cannot conceive of how we get him unless we pay insane money, and anyway, Maddison would indicate that moving to us is no great stepping stone to England selection.

26 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I agree that JWP would be ideal, I just cannot conceive of how we get him unless we pay insane money, and anyway, Maddison would indicate that moving to us is no great stepping stone to England selection.

yep he’ll be priced out for us but for winning things & being part of something he’d be better here than staying put.

As for ENG whilst they mostly play a 433 also it’s a defensive 433 with 2 #6s where as we play with 2 #8s which is why both JWP and KDH will struggle to get in the Eng team over Rice / Philips. 
I personally think a KDH and JWP would be fantastic at club level as they can both play 6 or 8 either individually or together it would be win win for us the amount of option we would get.

That then brings the point up about Madders because how he isn’t the #8 (false 10) in front of Rice/Philips instead of Mount is beyond me as he would link better with Kane from there and provide a bigger individual threat but he’s not going to outshine Foden, Saka, Grealish or Sterling in those wide floating positions

Edited by BKLFox

4 hours ago, BKLFox said:

...not sure why we would want to continue to play 4-3-3!!!

Maddison would have to drop deeper or wide right and tuck in to accommodate the setup.

Rodgers would have changed us to this to accommodate players, we need to move away from this or use someone more capable of playing deeper, and jettison Maddison. 

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...not sure why we would want to continue to play 4-3-3!!!

Maddison would have to drop deeper or wide right and tuck in to accommodate the setup.

Rodgers would have changed us to this to accommodate players, we need to move away from this or use someone more capable of playing deeper, and jettison Maddison. 

I think we will continue to see 433 amongst other formations, managers don’t build teams around single players anymore the key Is adaptability a player like JWP gives you multiple options and why KDH will carve out a very good career for himself.

I expect Maddison will fill the 8 role as well as a floating 10 and be away from the right once we have that Barnes/Lookman option on the right but I very much doubt summer planning is about getting players in to fit solely around Madders 

We going after the complete French U21 team these 2 then Ali Cho & Arnaud Kalimuendo have their own threads if we could also be linked with Saliba & Michael Olise that would be perfect company for Lil Wes and Soumare

While he should leave #LeicesterCity this summer, Youri #Tielemans would have told those around him his preference for a departure to Spain. The #RealMadrid , interested, could position itself concretely in the coming weeks… To be continued.

• Like 4

Yesterday showed that we need his replacement to be slightly away from the Tielemans mould. Less technical, but a big presence who can win the ball in the air. Sick and tired of only having two CB's that fit this profile. When Ndidi is out, we fall desperately short. Leave the creativity to Maddison, Barnes, RW.

4 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Who would want to sign him though? He’s been one of our worst players this season. 

for all we know he may have already set up a move for next season and is keeping quiet so as to avoid any injuries.

• Like 1