Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vindaloo FOX

Youri replacement ?

1 hour ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

I'd have Gallagher in a heartbeat. More chance we sign Conor McGregor than Conor Gallagher though, I'd have thought.

....a bit of a messy player, like Maddison without the finesse!!!

There are better players on the continent at better price. I am sure we wil be paying a British tax if we bring him in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Claridge said:

Have you any evidence he is going or have you read the same baseless article as everyone else. Can’t see him going Arsenal, they are not a big enough step up. Can’t even see them getting champions league , couple of key injuries they start to look bang average

Are you an Ostrich?

• Haha 2

in reality, have we not already bought him in Soumare? it's the Leicester way isn't it.  I imagine that a mixture of KDH (hopefully he continues to progress) Soumare and Maddison are the intended path. 

how often in recent history have we replaced a key player AFTER selling them??

• Like 2

JWP is a good player and would be a good replacement but that's ignoring the financial aspect of it all. We'd probably spend more on him than we would get from a Tielemans sale.

Worth also noting that we'd probably not get as much out of him as Southampton do with regards to his freekicks as Maddison is still probably going to want to take them.

2 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

What’s great is that the club keep all of their business under wraps these days. Very rarely does a ‘ITK’ have the information before the player is having his medical at the training ground.  

Or say rather, anyone ITK that wishes to remain ITK, is not going to spout off on an internet forum :D

As others have said above don’t think we will get a like for like replacement. KDH/ Soumaré can cover that position alongside Ndidi and Maddison in the middle of the park. 

However, if we were I’d be tempted by Loftus-Cheek, although not convinced he’d be interested 

Assuming he goes this summer I’d be happy with Ndidi, KDH, Soumare being the main starters with a player with potential coming in.

Dont think we’ll spend big on a replacement due to KDH form and the bigger need for a right winger. 

Braybrooke in the u18s is also worth keeping an eye on. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Dont think we’ll spend big on a replacement due to KDH form and the bigger need for a right winger. 

Fit centre backs first.

We score enough with what we have up front.

But cant defend for toffee.

As others have said we will not find a similar quality player, let alone central midfielder, who wants to sign for us.

I think Tielemans leaving - with Vardy now not able to play every week, Schmeichel’s form dropping off (and apparently not wanting to be here forever) and Evans increasingly struggling with injury - will mark the end of this team’s cycle. We need to start again, I’m sure that Soumare has a role to play but we are short of top quality centre back options and we have got to sign a right winger this summer, absolutely no excuses.

What I would say with regards to having a direct replacement is that we need somebody who passes the ball forwards through midfield - there is no point in having Barnes, Daka and Maddison (even when all fit and firing) if there’s nobody to give them the ball.  I think this is what we were hoping we’d get from Soumare but he’s been very conservative in possession so far. KDH looks to be brave on the ball but even with a team re-jig it is a huge ask for him to be that player consistently.

Edited by ttfn