Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vindaloo FOX

Youri replacement ?

7 minutes ago, mikey_b said:

I'll ask him, see him in the local chippy most weeks

He was my hero growing up, had his name on my kit as a kid.

My favorite goal was his volley vs Spurs.

That bicycle kick wasn't to bad also.

What a player.

Kante, Izzet & Youri would be my Leicester dream team midfield.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Gallagher is more a Maddison than Tielemans type player but that's not to suggest we couldn't play Maddison and Gallagher in the same team but Tielemans is very unique in that he plays a deep lying role and yet still provides goals and assists, not to mention the sheer volume of main supply of other goals that start from him opening up the opposition.

Gallagher is an exceptional talent, I'd be surprised if Chelsea sell him.

This is Chelsea we are talking about, they sold KDB, Salah, Lukaku, Cuadrado. 

They are a quick fix side and would rather buy ready made than develop there own.  

They have let Livramento, Lamptey, Guéhi  go, you could argue that Gallagher is further on in his development then those two.

But they have a very short term view, who can help us win today, not tomorrow. 

Edited by coolhandfox

22 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

This is Chelsea we are talking about, they sold KDB, Salah, Lukaku, Cuadrado. 

They are a quick fix side and would rather buy ready made than develop there own.  

They have let Livramento, Lamptey, Guéhi  go, you could argue that Gallagher is further on in his development then those two.

But they have a very short term view, who can help us win today, not tomorrow. 

Don't recall them selling an academy player who's shone like Gallagher has in the same league as them that recently. Likewise they won't sel Broja either. They don't stand in the young players way if they want to leave though, so if Gallagher says he wants out then yes, they'd sell for £30-40m.

25 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

He was my hero growing up, had his name on my kit as a kid.

My favorite goal was his volley vs Spurs.

That bicycle kick wasn't to bad also.

What a player.

Kante, Izzet & Youri would be my Leicester dream team midfield.

same, the novelty wore off after seeing him most weeks for the best part of the last 20 years! still always happy to have a chat with anyone though, very approachable guy.

my kids have done swimming lessons in the pool at his house

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Don't recall them selling an academy player who's shone like Gallagher has in the same league as them that recently. Likewise they won't sel Broja either. They don't stand in the young players way if they want to leave though, so if Gallagher says he wants out then yes, they'd sell for £30-40m.

Lakuku, shone far more than Broja or Gallagher.

Scored 17 in 35 in the PL on loan at WBA

Scored 15 in 31 on the PL on loan at Everton.

It depends on who they can buy!

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Lakuku, shone far more than Broja or Gallagher.

Scored 17 in 35 in the PL on loan at WBA

Scored 15 in 31 on the PL on loan at Everton.

It depends on who they can buy!

" recently ". The only one in the last few years is Tomori but he hadn't played that much in the PL.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's a very classy and technical player, surprised he's never got a big move. The age he is now, can't see him coming to the PL and it working but he's a very good player.

There's something a bit baffling about him to me. I noticed a couple of years ago he was in whoscoreds European team of the year (you had the usual suspects, Messi, Van Dijk, Mbappe etc...) then this bloke just sat in midfield playing for Nimes. I just cannot see how he's never ended up at a bigger club. He's routinely churning out borderline elite level output. Is it a Fekir situation or what?

• Like 1

@Ric Flair hit the nail on the head.

Losing Youri would mean you’re losing a guy who contributes with goals, assists and creativity in general.

God knows why some fans still think we have a ready made replacement in Soumare, they are nothing alike.

Comparing Tielemans to Conor Gallagher for instance, there’s some distinct similarities when it comes to goals, assists and creativity. What Gallagher excels at compared to Tielemans is his defensive work.

As for the Van De Beek shout, he can play as a 6, 8 or 10. Seeing him being wasted at United is fvcking criminal.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Florian neuhaus

Connor Gallagher

doucoure (lens)

Van de beek 

Ricci if we are looking for a deeper midfielder

We’ve been linked with Ricci in the past haven’t we? We do have habits of going back for players. He’s meant to be very promising. Or at least that’s what my 4* scout tells me lol  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kingfox said:

@Ric Flair hit the nail on the head.

Losing Youri would mean you’re losing a guy who contributes with goals, assists and creativity in general.

God knows why some fans still think we have a ready made replacement in Soumare, they are nothing alike.

Comparing Tielemans to Conor Gallagher for instance, there’s some distinct similarities when it comes to goals, assists and creativity. What Gallagher excels at compared to Tielemans is his defensive work.

As for the Van De Beek shout, he can play as a 6, 8 or 10. Seeing him being wasted at United is fvcking criminal.

Disagree with this bit. Youri actually contributes a lot defensively. 

19 hours ago, kingfox said:

Conor Gallagher or Donny Van De Beek

I'd take £30m and Gallagher if Chelsea wanted Tielemans. Would give us £30m to improve the defence and give us midfield options of Gallagher, Maddison, KDH, Soumare, Ndidi and Hamza. I know swap deals are very rare but if Chelsea want him and I'm sure Brendan would be very interested in Gallagher 

There's no chance they're giving us £30mil and Gallagher. I highly doubt he'll be included anyway but think getting him at all is a pipe dream. Think it's quite likely they start using him themselves especially with the homegrown rules.

Gallagher is very good but I feel like we've got a similar player already in KDH.

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

Disagree with this bit. Youri actually contributes a lot defensively. 

CB89-DAA5-BE2-F-41-B6-A578-45-F1-AD07-B8
D2-BA95-C3-4-F73-49-EC-A299-9-E9836-F2-D

Youri’s decent, but I was surprised with how good Gallagher’s defensive stats are, especially for a guy of his position.

3 minutes ago, kingfox said:

CB89-DAA5-BE2-F-41-B6-A578-45-F1-AD07-B8
D2-BA95-C3-4-F73-49-EC-A299-9-E9836-F2-D

Youri’s decent, but I was surprised with how good Gallagher’s defensive stats are, especially for a guy of his position.

Gallaghers stats are inflated by the fact palace don’t have as much of the ball on average as we do. Tielemans performing better in the percentages and p90 shows his class. Gallagher still v good regardless.