Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vindaloo FOX

Youri replacement ?

Whats the point in keeping someone like Praet instead of just moving on from him, cashing in on the 15m (?) option we gave Torino.

Keeping Dennis would only lead to KDH and Soumaré getting less gametime when it's them we want to put our trust into to play a crucial part in our midfield in the coming years. I think I've seen this said before on here but just like there's no replacing Vardy like for like, there's no replacing Youri. 

53 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

It’s a pass on JWP from me. Dead balls are top level, but general play doesn’t offer anything close to what Youri does. He’s not a progressive dribbler, he’s not a progressive passer, and he isn’t good defensively either. No standout characteristics aside from his set plays. 

I get what you are saying but how many games have we lost this season because of set pieces. Out struggles with them cost us so many points. 

Not saying JWP is the solution but they do make a massive difference to a team.

I also think Soumare and KDH after this season might kick on a little more too. 

2 minutes ago, slymunn said:

I get what you are saying but how many games have we lost this season because of set pieces. Out struggles with them cost us so many points. 

Not saying JWP is the solution but they do make a massive difference to a team.

I also think Soumare and KDH after this season might kick on a little more too. 

If we had rolling subs and could bring him on JWP for set plays…. He’d be at one of the worlds top clubs probably 😅 

I think Soumaré was bought in to replace Youri in the medium term. But what I’ve seen so far doesn’t convince me that he can do it. KDH is gonna have a great career, think he will be captain of Leicester in a few years. Still need a progressive passer/carrier along side him though, especially the way Rodgers likes to play. 

57 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

It’s a pass on JWP from me. Dead balls are top level, but general play doesn’t offer anything close to what Youri does. He’s not a progressive dribbler, he’s not a progressive passer, and he isn’t good defensively either. No standout characteristics aside from his set plays. 

JWP is a good player, but he'd cost a lot of money and there are question marks over him. He'll also be close to 28 next summer and for some clubs that's perfect but not for us when shelling out £45-50m

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

JWP is a good player, but he'd cost a lot of money and there are question marks over him. He'll also be close to 28 next summer and for some clubs that's perfect but not for us when shelling out £45-50m

These G/A numbers come from his set plays, outside of that he is statistically below average at everything except blocks, clearances and attempted passes. 

6C6FEE58-8666-4D82-8723-C4D32332597C.jpeg

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 1

Eljif Elmas looks to have the characteristics we need. He is very strong on the ball and reads the game well. He could make a potent CM duo with Maddison. Already a seasoned top flight player and international at 22. Problem? He would cost every bit of the money we would get for Tielemans and a contract equal to what we have offered Youri. He is not a gamble though and I don't think we can take a risk this time ,this position is too important.

4 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Unsure how JWP will play away from his boyhood club Southampton. Wonder if he being a fan drags more out of him. 

Don't think he'd leave however

Would rather develop KDH.

Before replacing Youri we need to decide how we want to set up as a side, what to we need in that role.

I personally think we should go moving toward having a top RW to make up the loss of he goals and assists, and than a more mobile box to box all action CM to play alongside Wilf. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Alex_LCFC said:

Praet still on out books, yes a very low buy out clause 

still very much rate him 

Good player but couldn't force he's way into the side over YT, or JM or really put them under pressure for there slots.

Which says to me he isn't good enough to replace YT for me.

10 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Would rather develop KDH.

Before replacing Youri we need to decide how we want to set up as a side, what to we need in that role.

I personally think we should go moving toward having a top RW to make up the loss of he goals and assists, and than a more mobile box to box all action CM to play alongside Wilf. 

Agree with this, a top right winger that could score and assist would take the burden away from the centre mids having to regularly score and assist. I think Maddison could thrive a well if we can keep him fit, we know he's creative and could get plenty of goals and assists if he can have a really good run in the side without getting injured. I certainly don't think we should be spending all the Youri money on a centre mid as we have other areas that need strengthening like centre back and possibly full back depending on Ricardo's recovery and whether he'll sign a new contract. We could potentially need 4-5 new signings in the summer. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Agree with this, a top right winger that could score and assist would take the burden away from the centre mids having to regularly score and assist. I think Maddison could thrive a well if we can keep him fit, we know he's creative and could get plenty of goals and assists if he can have a really good run in the side without getting injured. I certainly don't think we should be spending all the Youri money on a centre mid as we have other areas that need strengthening like centre back and possibly full back depending on Ricardo's recovery and whether he'll sign a new contract. We could potentially need 4-5 new signings in the summer. 

I thought that was the direction we were going when we brought Soumare/KDH in (more physical box to box type player) and was being linked to goal scoring right forwards like Berardi & Pereira. Maybe that's still the plan post Youri but would mean Rodgers having to change his system with less reliance on playing out from the back with most of our play going through a playmaker like Youri dropping deep. 

Personally I really hope that youri decides to stay. A few weeks back arsenal were all over Renato Sanchez amongst others. I have been impressed with arsenal this season but they still have a way to go to be considered real contenders for the title. Their track record with bringing in and developing rising stars has not been great so I still think we offer the equivalent for youri in terms of development and growth. Arsenal will eventually move on but I’d like to see us do everything we can to convince youri to sign. 
If he does go we dont need to buy an exact like for like. I’m a fan of yves Bissouma I think he is one of the most underrated CM with a proven PL track record. He may not score the goals that youri does but he is probably better defensively, more athletic, can drive the team forwards and has a bit of steel about him. Would be a great acquisition IMO. 

33 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

Renato Sanches when youri leaves!

My only concern with Sanches is he has the ability to fall apart. The circumstances and playing environment have to be perfect otherwise he flops. You could argue Tielemans is like that after his poor spell at Monaco but Sanches is even more up and down and I'd worry paying a huge fee without a loan deal first.

• Like 1

On 13/01/2022 at 13:01, Ric Flair said:

Gallagher is more a Maddison than Tielemans type player but that's not to suggest we couldn't play Maddison and Gallagher in the same team but Tielemans is very unique in that he plays a deep lying role and yet still provides goals and assists, not to mention the sheer volume of main supply of other goals that start from him opening up the opposition.

Gallagher is an exceptional talent, I'd be surprised if Chelsea sell him.

Picture a 3 of KDH Gallagher with Maddison just in front.

• Like 1

There's no value in buying anyone from the prem. 

We've got to look outside of England, otherwise we'll get taken to the cleaners for every player we want to sign. Imagine Daka had that season he had with Salzburg while he played for the likes of Fulham/ West Brom in the championship. We'd have had to pay double of what we actually did.

• Like 1