Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vindaloo FOX

Youri replacement ?

14 hours ago, LFox99 said:

We've got to look outside of England

There's still value in the Championship, clubs just have to either see the potential in players a bit early or gamble. Brereton probably could have been picked up for less than £20m a year ago.

18 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

Excuse me?

I think if we sold Youri we should sign Donny Van de beek.

What other posts have not been completed?

I believe he was expressing an opinion that he thinks DVB isn’t very good in a manner intended to amuse 

On 17/01/2022 at 14:55, whoareyaaa said:

Excuse me?

I think if we sold Youri we should sign Donny Van de beek.

What other posts have not been completed?

I mean if Man u came in and said we'll take Youri for 30m and dvb, I dont think that would be an awful shout given the contract situation. Throw in phil jones on loan for free until the end of the season and id be okay with it 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, TK95 said:

I actually think this is a golden opportunity to bring in a leader in the middle of the park.

The temptation will be there to try and source another youngster but we badly need someone of experience and command to discipline our play

.....we have a leader, or at least someone who leads by example with KDH!!!

Someone who goes out to stand up for the club and not look to hide in games as he believes in himself and what he has been asked to do. Tielemans whether here or not is not a leader we have players with experience who will play but drop off if others around them are not performing. With someone who is looking to push our team forward and you watch his endeavour to put us on the front foot, irrespective of the energy and workload that was required, you would want to step up and follow him.

You do not need to be shouting or organising players, the example you show emphasises who you are.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, frany104 said:

Should be our number 1 target this summer. He would be an upgrade on Tielemans and we would probably have money left over from the sale. 

Surely he will sign permanently for Everton at the end of the season? Especially if he plays well for them on loan. I think that is far more likely than him changing clubs yet again plus he would have to relocate. 

KDH this season is an audition as to whether he can replace Tielemans. I'm a big fan of his but right now as a like for like replacement in creativity and ability and it'll be no surprise if we continue our plummet down the table.

I don't think people realise quite just how difficult it is to be a top 6 team and its players like Tielemans that helped us achieve that. I really hope KDH can improve his ability to be a game changer, I'd not put it past him as he's stepped up at every level he's been asked to so far but this is now the ultimate jump, to be up there as one of the best midfielders in the league.

If he can't quite get there it becomes even more essential we get a new right winger who's exceptional because the drop off in creativity and goals from Tielemans and also how poor our full backs have been this season means we are already at risk of regressing as an attacking side.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

KDH this season is an audition as to whether he can replace Tielemans. I'm a big fan of his but right now as a like for like replacement in creativity and ability and it'll be no surprise if we continue our plummet down the table.

I don't think people realise quite just how difficult it is to be a top 6 team and its players like Tielemans that helped us achieve that. I really hope KDH can improve his ability to be a game changer, I'd not put it past him as he's stepped up at every level he's been asked to so far but this is now the ultimate jump, to be up there as one of the best midfielders in the league.

If he can't quite get there it becomes even more essential we get a new right winger who's exceptional because the drop off in creativity and goals from Tielemans and also how poor our full backs have been this season means we are already at risk of regressing as an attacking side.

Sign a left footed right winger.

KDH, Braybrooke & Ewing competing for Tielemans spot.

Alves & Wanya Marcal providing competition for CAM/RW/LW positions.

Sorted :P

• Haha 1