Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ademola Lookman

I think most of us can agree that Lookman would be a steady signing and a good character to have in the squad.   The real question is beside whether if we have enough surplus after other signings is whether if we risk alienating him the longer we wait?

Edited by The Blur

On 14/06/2022 at 08:47, Ric Flair said:

Don't mind that at all, he's worth it IMO

Couldn't agree more.  Performed well often out of his favoured position and for a team struggling for a lot of the season.  I think he is an exciting player, can turn and beat his man has a decent end product and under the right coach could do really well for us.  

42 minutes ago, Dames said:

We really must be skint if we haven't taken up the option on this lad yet as he's not even that expensive. 

His performances for us may have jacked the price. Maybe Leipzig have been suitably impressed and want him back.

Just now, An Sionnach said:

His performances for us may have jacked the price. Maybe Leipzig have been suitably impressed and want him back.

I'm pretty sure as part of the agreement that fee is locked in and they have to accept it for a certain amount of time so they can't jack the price. 

The only other option is that we are trying to do the deal on the cheap.

6 minutes ago, Dames said:

I'm pretty sure as part of the agreement that fee is locked in and they have to accept it for a certain amount of time so they can't jack the price. 

The only other option is that we are trying to do the deal on the cheap.

I’d say it was more the latter if anything, I mean we got the loan with option to buy off the back of a very good season for Fulham and I’d personally say he’s not really pulled up any trees this season with us… I do like him but I personally feel the club feel there’s a bargain to be had

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

I’d say it was more the latter if anything, I mean we got the loan with option to buy off the back of a very good season for Fulham and I’d personally say he’s not really pulled up any trees this season with us… I do like him but I personally feel the club feel there’s a bargain to be had

He has scored some important goals for us but on top of that his pressing and defensive work is superior to Barnes , he is definitely a £15 million pound player in today's market and maybe more.

• Like 2

Yeah, buy him. That'll be the LHS attack sorted, between him and Barnes.

Need to get things up and running on our 're-build/healthy re-shuffle' so what better way to start than getting him signed up. 

As others have said £15m seems about right.

1 hour ago, Bordersfox said:

Couldn't agree more.  Performed well often out of his favoured position and for a team struggling for a lot of the season.  I think he is an exciting player, can turn and beat his man has a decent end product and under the right coach could do really well for us.  

We just need the right coach then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

He has scored some important goals for us but on top of that his pressing and defensive work is superior to Barnes , he is definitely a £15 million pound player in today's market and maybe more.

I’m not saying he’s not as for me he’s a bargain… the point I’m making is Leipzig were willing to sell him for 15m off the back of 1 of his best seasons… I can imagine we feel we could potentially negotiate the price down a little after a fairly average 1, dangerous game though as like we’re both saying 15m isn’t a bad price so other clubs could nip in and stump up the cash.. maybe Fulham for instance 

1 hour ago, Dames said:

We really must be skint if we haven't taken up the option on this lad yet as he's not even that expensive. 

Puts me in mind if the 80’s. Buggerall money. 

Edited by ARM1968

31 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Depends entirely if it affects our ability to sign a player in a more required position.

Either way we require two 'wide' players. One starter and one backup/rotation option which in this modern market costs between £15-20 million. 

He's proven himself here, just seems odd that its not done yet as he fits the profile of exactly what we need. 

Just now, Dames said:

Either way we require two 'wide' players. One starter and one backup/rotation option which in this modern market costs between £15-20 million. 

He's proven himself here, just seems odd that its not done yet as he fits the profile of exactly what we need. 

Not disputing that, just that the primary need has to define if this deal should go ahead or we pick up a less capable backup, perhaps on a free