Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ademola Lookman

2 hours ago, Dames said:

We really must be skint if we haven't taken up the option on this lad yet as he's not even that expensive. 

The art of negotiation... Can either work perfectly or bite you in the arse!

Hold back and show no interest after the loan deal expires and hope no other club gets involved.... Later down the line, show interest when the selling club becomes desperate and go in with a lower offer.

We sign the player we always wanted but for a cheaper fee :) 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LFEFox23 said:

We sign the player we always wanted but for a cheaper fee :) 

I don't think we want him. Not the sort of right winger we need. Not a lot better than Barnes on the left.

Imo we are looking for someone else.

14 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Maybe it’s not the club hanging back. Perhaps he is still negotiating his personal terms with us before committing.?

Lookman's deal will be very low on our priority list, given that if we can't make him permanent this summer, we could renegotiate and loan him for another year but this time with an obligation at the end of it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wattolcfc said:

My feeling is that he will be our last choice. Should we fail to sign a better winger, we will dip back in and pay full price for him at the end of the window.

not saying you are wrong but that does seem like a good idea. Lookman average at best

1 minute ago, whitwickfox said:

not saying you are wrong but that does seem like a good idea. Lookman average at best

I thought he was decent on the left. Just whether we prioritise cover in this way with no European football. I think we will get him on loan again.

44 minutes ago, woznotwos said:

I thought he was decent on the left. Just whether we prioritise cover in this way with no European football. I think we will get him on loan again.

i agree he was better in his natural position, but to spend nigh on 20% of your budget on a decent player isn't really ambitious that's if we have 100 million to spend  which i doubt. i watched him every game last season and cant say i was that impressed

6 hours ago, sylofox said:

I don't think we want him. Not the sort of right winger we need. Not a lot better than Barnes on the left.

Imo we are looking for someone else.

I think he's better than Barnes with his ball to feet attacking passing game in the final 3rd with teammates. My only worry is that if something happens in a game and he drops confidence, he seems to fall off the cliff.

45 minutes ago, whitwickfox said:

i agree he was better in his natural position, but to spend nigh on 20% of your budget on a decent player isn't really ambitious that's if we have 100 million to spend  which i doubt. i watched him every game last season and cant say i was that impressed

I will bow to your superior knowledge as I’ve only seen a handful of games this season. He is a young lad still though so there could be improvements. 

18 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I think he's better than Barnes with his ball to feet attacking passing game in the final 3rd with teammates. My only worry is that if something happens in a game and he drops confidence, he seems to fall off the cliff.

Barnes cost nothing is he worth the 15m? Is he that much better than what we have. Also I think Barnes struggles a little because we dont have a right winger to use and release him a little.

8 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Barnes cost nothing is he worth the 15m? Is he that much better than what we have. Also I think Barnes struggles a little because we dont have a right winger to use and release him a little.

We need to finally get around to having adequate cover for Barnes, I dont understand why theres still people on here arguing whether we should sign him.

If Barnes is injured or out of form, both of which have happened a couple of times in the past, we had no plan b other than to go 2 up top and hope Kele is feeling up for it. With Lookman we'd be able to rotate them about without a major difference in quality

1 minute ago, LFox99 said:

We need to finally get around to having adequate cover for Barnes, I dont understand why theres still people on here arguing whether we should sign him.

I

Not saying we should not sign him.

But we dont have a right winger at all. Surely that comes before a back up left winger.

We dont have the money to do both.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Not saying we should not sign him.

But we dont have a right winger at all. Surely that comes before a back up left winger.

We dont have the money to do both.

I mean yeah, we know that Ade isnt our first priority, but we don't necessarily have to make him permanent right now to keep him at the KP for next season, could also agree to another loan with an obligation to buy

38 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

I mean yeah, we know that Ade isnt our first priority, but we don't necessarily have to make him permanent right now to keep him at the KP for next season, could also agree to another loan with an obligation to buy

His club ain't never going to agree to that again with us.

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

His club ain't never going to agree to that again with us.

Why? Circumstances change, we had an option to buy at around 15m apparently, if we agree to make it an obligation at the end of next year while also taking on his wages or something there's not much Leipzig will be able to do about it. Lookman loves it with us, he's got Nigerian teammates here, he seems to have finally found a club to settle at. It's much like with Praet and Torino. He said he desperately wants to stay with them and at the end of the day we're going to give into their demands.

48 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Why? Circumstances change, we had an option to buy at around 15m apparently, if we agree to make it an obligation at the end of next year while also taking on his wages or something there's not much Leipzig will be able to do about it. Lookman loves it with us, he's got Nigerian teammates here, he seems to have finally found a club to settle at. It's much like with Praet and Torino. He said he desperately wants to stay with them and at the end of the day we're going to give into their demands.

Why would we agree to pay 15 next year when he's probably only worth 8/10. Plus the obligation to buy him what if he breaks his leg in the last game.

We wont give into Torino be the biggest mistake ever. Every club would then take the piss if we do.

On 16/06/2022 at 00:04, Ian Nacho said:

Don’t know what we’re playing at here. The only thing I’m thinking is that nothing is happening because it’s been done months ago and we’re being hush hush about it. 

Because we need to sell to buy and right winger and Tielemans replacement in central midfield are the priorities, not a back up left winger.

Attempts to sell anyone bar Tielemans don’t seem to be going anywhere and it only looks like we’ll be getting around £25m for Youri. We’re not going to throw the majority of that money at a backup left winger before Tielemans has even gone.

Especially as teams buying him will know we have to make the money back if we sign Lookman first so will try and lowball offers for him.

I like Lookman but we’re not in the same situation we were a couple of seasons ago where we could just go out and gladly spend £15m on a squad player anymore before we’d even sold anyone, sadly.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2