Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ademola Lookman

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Why do I feel like he's gonna be our marquee signing this summer? 

Rodgers has talked about a major rebuild, don’t see why we won’t make 3/4 signings that are of a higher calibre. I like Lookman, for a squad player or someone to come off the bench he is very useful and brings something extra. 

4 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

Some 'summer rebuild' this is going to be.

Weve just spent £100m on a training facility borrowed alot of money, had a pandemic, we aint a man utd with commercial sponsorships coming out our ass.. where do you expect this money to grow from?

• Like 3

To be fair it's not too different to our Youri situation.  Although Lookman isn't in his last year, it's obvious that they want rid so might have to lower their price to get it done.  Torino are doing it to us as well.

All part of the game. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Simoken said:

Weve just spent £100m on a training facility borrowed alot of money, had a pandemic, we aint a man utd with commercial sponsorships coming out our ass.. where do you expect this money to grow from?

Perhaps the manager should have managed expectations instead of pushing the idea that there was going to be some big 'summer rebuild'. It's becoming clearer and clearer that he did so simply to get the fans off his back after a string of completely unacceptable results and performances. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, MalletFox said:

Tbh, I would be amazed if another Premier League team didn’t snap him up for £14m! He performed well in what was a largely underwhelming season. Would Fulham be interested in taking him back, Forest would struggle to do any better, he would be a very good signing for 7 or 8 Premier League teams and £14m is cheap as chips!

...no point spending that money unless he is playing on the left!!!

Pretty much a waste playing on the right side, still not sure about him, £10m was the price originally talked about, at that price it would have been perhaps a doable deal.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Simoken said:

Well maybe not tell the fans since January that there will be a huge summer rebuild then.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, indierich06 said:

Some 'summer rebuild' this is going to be.

Whilst LCFC HQ have as much inside information as I do which is absolutely none, at the moment things are very quiet indeed. We are all hoping that bolt of RW dream lightning is going to pop up but funds wise I’m losing a bit of confidence at the moment as to whether we can invest on the level we need to in order to truly compete with the teams around the top six/eight.

11 minutes ago, Nick said:

Whilst LCFC HQ have as much inside information as I do which is absolutely none, at the moment things are very quiet indeed. We are all hoping that bolt of RW dream lightning is going to pop up but funds wise I’m losing a bit of confidence at the moment as to whether we can invest on the level we need to in order to truly compete with the teams around the top six/eight.

We have never have had the funds to compete with the top 6, when we have competed its been down to good scouting or coaching.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

We have never have had the funds to compete with the top 6, when we have competed its been down to good scouting or coaching.

And question is who is making the decisions on incoming players with Martin Glover stranded.  

12 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

And question is who is making the decisions on incoming players with Martin Glover stranded.  

We would have scout the players for this summer for the last 12 months.

We would have a list drawn up of different options for each position.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Absolutely, of course I’m not suggesting we have had and you are correct in your response of course also. I guess what I was trying to write (badly) is that if we wish to compete with them in a footballing sense in terms of results rather than overall outlay of cash on players, we need to get some quality in certain positions, especially RW and I’m losing a bit of confidence that we will outlay the circa £30ish million required respectively to fill each of those positions, especially if Youri stays… I’m just hoping the deals we can’t see in the background are busy and have promise.

21 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

We would have scout the players for this summer for the last 12 months.

We would have a list drawn up of different options for each position.

Agreed that groundwork would have been done, but question more about whether Brendan is having more influence over decisions whilst we wait for Glover. The likes of @Muzzy_Larsson might tell you Rodgers being more involved is not necessarily a good thing.

• Like 2