Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ademola Lookman

10 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

Final pieces of the contract are being put together. Should be done soon. 

*Comes from the guy who told me about the loan before it happened. Take it or leave it as always. 

How much are we paying Liepzig?

15 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

Usually as a club we say undisclosed fee to the media. So it's unlikely we'll find out the figure. 

Looks like we're likely to see some transfer activity this week and next. 

Appreciate your insight!

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

Usually as a club we say undisclosed fee to the media. So it's unlikely we'll find out the figure. 

Have you heard of anything about a lanky 6'4 Belgian blonde?

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Assuming true (and we now have two sources), at least the delay in announcing this is because we’ve saved a few quid on the fee.  

If that’s the case - a decent addition to the squad.

Just hope this isn’t our only wide signing though as doesn’t address the RM/RW headache. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Foxhateram said:

Is the transfer activity you just mentioned in addition to Lookman? 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Assuming true (and we now have two sources), at least the delay in announcing this is because we’ve saved a few quid on the fee.  

Could be wrong but more likely torino have sold Bremer meaning they can afford Praet which would trigger Lookman. The money will have been accounted for last year too so shouldn't affect other spend if that's the way it goes.

1 hour ago, SafewayFox said:

If that’s the case - a decent addition to the squad.

Just hope this isn’t our only wide signing though as doesn’t address the RM/RW headache. 

I agree. I hope we get the RW we need which would leave Lookman as a RW impact sub or like for like LW for Barnes.

• Like 3

Whilst I like Lookman and think he's a smart addition. Are we making the mistake again of not improving the starting XI directly, or do we think Lookman will really push Barnes for that starting spot?

Would be a bad signing if hes here for that RW spot though. 

13 minutes ago, Flannel_Fox said:

Whilst I like Lookman and think he's a smart addition. Are we making the mistake again of not improving the starting XI directly, or do we think Lookman will really push Barnes for that starting spot?

We need someone to push Barnes and to provide another option we missed Barnes massively in 19/20 season when he was injured.

We definitely need an RW, but Lookman can be a useful backup for that position. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Flannel_Fox said:

I see him as a utility wideman and our successor to Albrighton. He is easily PL standard though as we have seen.

• Like 2

I thought that Lookman was a solid addition to the squad last season. I'm a fan of Lookman, his work rate is good and he brings more balance to the team down the left side. He can beat players, tracks back and I think he should start ahead of Barnes who seems better currently as an impact sub when defenders are tiring. It's a yes from me Jeff.

Cue the are you Lookman in disguise comments lol 

2 minutes ago, HUNTA84 said:

I thought that Lookman was a solid addition to the squad last season. I'm a fan of Lookman, his work rate is good and he brings more balance to the team down the left side. He can beat players, tracks back and I think he should start ahead of Barnes who seems better currently as an impact sub when defenders are tiring. It's a yes from me Jeff.

Cue the are you Lookman in disguise comments lol 

Alright Ade, how’s your summer going? 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

We need someone to push Barnes and to provide another option we missed Barnes massively in 19/20 season when he was injured.

We definitely need an RW, but Lookman can be a useful backup for that position. 

I've said it before: Barnes plays better when he knows his starting spot is at risk. Often, that was because of tactics last season; but to get the best out of Barnes, we need someone who can play RW chasing him down. I also think Lookman is a good deal without that consideration, and offers something different, but the Barnes bit is a bonus.

• Like 2

If we sign him for a place in the squad to give us options then he’s a good solid signing. If he ends up being our only signing as an additional RW or LW option I will be disappointed. 

It’s a tricky one. I don’t want him to burn up our transfer kitty and wage bill if there are better options, but equally he’s far better than waiting all window and getting nobody. 

• Like 4