Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ademola Lookman

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I suspect the purchase option figure expires at the end of June, will be interesting to see what we'd do if let's say Fulham or Forest came in with a £12m bid for him.

Leipzig will want more than that I think and if we get first option at £15 million , we should take it .If he comes in at £3 to 4 million a year , it will certainly improve his current pay.

We should get this done soon before it is too late. We may shave a bit off the fee but I think the statement it sends out to the team and the fans cannot be under estimated. He had a decent first season and is a good character showing tenacity and desire. 

8 hours ago, KingsX said:

485396859_6-4Belgian.JPG.efa710c8164b35bfce13d32dfba8734d.JPG

ah, sweet revenge for all the pun-spammed threads in this forum :cool:

How much have we said this summer though - we're desperate for a right-winger, not a leffe-winger. Going after players in positions we don't need yet again....

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sampson said:

How much have we said this summer though - we're desperate for a right-winger, not a leffe-winger. Going after players in positions we don't need yet again....

Problem for me is there are almost no right wingers with a passable CV who are likely to come anywhere near us. We could enter the race for Raphina but outbidding clubs like Barcelona is rarely done. Taking a punt on a kid with "potential ' won't wash , we haven't got the time.

6 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Problem for me is there are almost no right wingers with a passable CV who are likely to come anywhere near us. We could enter the race for Raphina but outbidding clubs like Barcelona is rarely done. Taking a punt on a kid with "potential ' won't wash , we haven't got the time.

Mate, I think you read way too much into a dad joke about a beer bottle.

• Haha 1

On 23/06/2022 at 08:17, Grebfromgrebland said:

I doubt any other prem team will be in for him. 

On 23/06/2022 at 08:18, An Sionnach said:

Given his performances for us , I don't can see why not.

Fixed that for you

15 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

.. it would be better than none!!!

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

Expected better off you teapot, he’s in his home city 

Stated a fact 😁

Maybe this is all psychology.

If we signed him at the beginning of the window everyone would have been a bit: “meh … ok” 

Now, when he’s the only player we sign (on loan) in the window on transfer deadline day, it will feel like we’re signing prime Messi. 

Edited by Jobyfox

https://soccernet.ng/2022/06/super-eagles-star-set-to-return-to-leipzig-after-leicester-city-snub.html

The Foxes had the opportunity to retain the services of the Super Eagles forward, but they refused

Super Eagles forward Ademola Lookman is set to return to his parent club RB Leipzig next Monday for preseason after Leicester City refused to retain his services permanently.

Lookman has had a nomadic career, playing for four different clubs in the last four years. He has featured for Everton, RB Leipzig, Fulham, and Leicester City.

However, after his decent campaign at the King Power Stadium last season, when he recorded eight goals and five assists in 41 appearances, it would not have been out of place to give the Charlton Athletic product a chance.

Still, the Foxes opted to drag their feet over signing the 24-year-old. Nonetheless, Lookman could get another shot at proving his worth as he would work under a new manager Domenico Tedesco.

Leipzig are blessed with young attacking talents like Christopher Nkunku who just signed a new contract, Andre Silva who is linked with a move to Barcelona, Emil Forsberg, and Dani Olmo. But it could be a tough task keeping all of them this summer.

If any of them leaves, Lookman could get an advantage. Also, he has the entire preseason to prove to Tedesco that he deserves a first-team slot.

1 minute ago, davieG said:

https://soccernet.ng/2022/06/super-eagles-star-set-to-return-to-leipzig-after-leicester-city-snub.html

The Foxes had the opportunity to retain the services of the Super Eagles forward, but they refused

Super Eagles forward Ademola Lookman is set to return to his parent club RB Leipzig next Monday for preseason after Leicester City refused to retain his services permanently.

Lookman has had a nomadic career, playing for four different clubs in the last four years. He has featured for Everton, RB Leipzig, Fulham, and Leicester City.

However, after his decent campaign at the King Power Stadium last season, when he recorded eight goals and five assists in 41 appearances, it would not have been out of place to give the Charlton Athletic product a chance.

Still, the Foxes opted to drag their feet over signing the 24-year-old. Nonetheless, Lookman could get another shot at proving his worth as he would work under a new manager Domenico Tedesco.

Leipzig are blessed with young attacking talents like Christopher Nkunku who just signed a new contract, Andre Silva who is linked with a move to Barcelona, Emil Forsberg, and Dani Olmo. But it could be a tough task keeping all of them this summer.

If any of them leaves, Lookman could get an advantage. Also, he has the entire preseason to prove to Tedesco that he deserves a first-team slot.

Shame if true, not the most reliable source so who knows. 

Maybe we'd rather save our funds for other players. 

Edited by Jabfox

Could be because we are trying to get him for a fee cheaper than the clause was, so would mean we wouldn’t activate the option

Also could be because a back up left winger is likely to be 4th/5th on our list of requirements this summer, so may be a deal we look to do later on

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 4