Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ademola Lookman

25 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Could be because we are trying to get him for a fee cheaper than the clause was, so would mean we wouldn’t activate the option

Also could be because a back up left winger is likely to be 4th/5th on our list of requirements this summer, so may be a deal we look to do later on

This is probably the case. I wonder if the market is not what it was in the middle-range of signings. Torino wouldn't trigger Praet's option, and they wanted to build the team around him, according to reports! It could be we just see him as worth 9 million for his role, especially if we have a RW lined up. For example, if we signed both Charley and Noni, we might think Lookman wouldn't be getting that much playing time anyway.

I would still like us to sign him in the end, though.

• Like 1

Wow, he should be so far down the shopping list it’s untrue. This is no reflection on him as a player, but on our needs, as we need 2-3 first teamers and not more squad players to add bloat we cannot sustain.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Wow, he should be so far down the shopping list it’s untrue. This is no reflection on him as a player, but on our needs, as we need 2-3 first teamers and not more squad players to add bloat we cannot sustain.

Agreed. Should be about 4th or 5th priority 

8 minutes ago, sylofox said:

We have a bloated squad as it is. Adding a none starter is why we are in this position. We need a right winger first.

We have Perez and Albrighton who play on the right, and only Harvey on the left. I know that we would sooner better options on the right, but the left IS a priority. 

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Agreed. Should be about 4th or 5th priority 

Look, I understand where you're coming from, but I just don't think that's true. We have one left winger in the squad without him.

2 minutes ago, rachhere said:

We have Perez and Albrighton who play on the right, and only Harvey on the left. I know that we would sooner better options on the right, but the left IS a priority. 

Exactly. Right winger is very important to get right, but we already know we have a decent left winger in Lookman, who knows the squad. I kind of find it disrespectful to him that people don't think this is more of a no-brainer.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CloudFox said:

Exactly. Right winger is very important to get right, but we already know we have a decent left winger in Lookman, who knows the squad. I kind of find it disrespectful to him that people don't think this is more of a no-brainer.

I can't remember who it was, but someone posted a list of our current squad. Left wing was the only position where we don't have a backup at present. Unless we want Madders in there again... 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, rachhere said:

I can't remember who it was, but someone posted a list of our current squad. Left wing was the only position where we don't have a backup at present. Unless we want Madders in there again... 

CDK can also cover at LW if needed

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Why pay 15m when you can haggle and get him cheaper.

We have to do what other clubs do to us and play hardball.

Hopefully that is what we are doing, and not, as the article suggests, just not signing him at all.

56 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Albrighton can play on the left as he did when we won the prem.

23 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Hopefully that is what we are doing, and not, as the article suggests, just not signing him at all.

No good playing hard ball and telling sources you are still going to buy him. 

But we have to be realistic a back up LW is going to be 4 or 5 on our shopping list. 

• Like 2