Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ademola Lookman

Just now, coolhandfox said:

No good playing hard ball and telling sources you are still going to buy him. 

But we have to be realistic a back up LW is going to be 4 or 5 on our shopping list. 

If we can't off load some he won't be on the list at all.

We have 34 players that need to be registered to play. So if we cant sell/loan them out I dont see us adding many if any.

I would think our wage bill is on the ffp border now without adding any.

54 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

Barnes was average at best for most of last season. To not have any competition for his position would be a major mistake.

Also Lookman has far more to offer than Perez or Albrighton

If Barnes was average,I would love to see his stats when playing well.

9 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

According to Swish Ramble in our last accounts 20/21 LCFC wages to turnover ratio decreased (improved) from 105% to 85%, that was also against a back drop of losing 12m turnover from have no fans in the ground.

Good chance it will be the same or lower in next accounting period, with fans back in the ground, and with 10 European home games to bulk it up and TV and prize money from a run to the ECL semi's

We do need to cut some deadwood, but we are not on the FFP border in my view.

The best bit of reading about us in a long time.

All felt (potentially rightly) very doom and gloom on here so hopefully more stuff like this can shift that.

Just because we aren’t signing him now, doesn’t mean we aren’t signing him. 

Waiting does give the opportunity for others to get in ahead of us, but if it brings the price down, it might be worth the gamble.

• Like 2

Would be disappointed if we didn't get him in on a permanent contract, I expect he'll be in the Premier League next season anyway if we don't sign him.

Just now, Foxhateram said:

Was expecting this to be done this week. Source has gone quiet, I'm going to go ahead and assume no news is good news.

I'd expect there to be a lot of movement in the next 2 weeks because pre-season will start for all the internationals/ European clubs. And just like Eriksen I expect a majority of players won't wanna go into pre-season at one club and then end up at another.

Bundesliga clubs start on July 12th I think

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Wonder what’s worse?

that we aren’t attracting any new players (except lookman) or we can’t seem to sell anyone we don’t want? 

Fans panicking with 2 months of the window left........

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 3

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 hours ago, Foxhateram said:

Was expecting this to be done this week. Source has gone quiet, I'm going to go ahead and assume no news is good news.

Think you've taken a flier here mate

39 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

We normally always do our business early so not even have one proper link as of yet is quite worrying 

Not really.

This window need to be right rather then rushed.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, moore_94 said:

'Restricted budget' are exactly the words you want to hear when your manager has been bleating on about a rebuild for months.

Brendan has had a mare. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dames said:

'Restricted budget' are exactly the words you want to hear when your manager has been bleating on about a rebuild for months.

Brendan has had a mare. 

Or Rudkin has, surely its the club that sell players

• Like 4