Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ademola Lookman

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Or Rudkin has, surely its the club that sell players

Brendan would have known funds would be tight going into the summer - he said after the January window there was a lot of planning going into it already.

For him to come out saying we will be targeting 4-5 signings was daft. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dames said:

Brendan would have known funds would be tight going into the summer - he said after the January window there was a lot of planning going into it already.

For him to come out saying we will be targeting 4-5 signings was daft. 

and you seriously think he said this without the clubs approval?

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

and you seriously think he said this without the clubs approval?

He was under pressure from January until the end of April. Of course he would have been saying things to force the issue with the board a bit and put it back on them.

Its just now backfired but it does give him an excuse if he has a poor start to the season so its a win win for him on a reputational level really. 

• Like 2

Just now, Dames said:

He was under pressure from January until the end of April. Of course he would have been saying things to force the issue with the board a bit and put it back on them.

Its just now backfired but it does give him an excuse if he has a poor start to the season so its a win win for him on a reputational level really. 

Did you not wish to answer my question? Is that because an honest answer invalidates your point?

Did you not wish to answer my question? Is that because an honest answer invalidates your point?

I think you’ll find he’ll believe anything that paints Rodgers in a negative light.

• Like 1

You are not making sense just because it wasn't a solid yes or no I still answered your question and it doesn't invalidate my point.

In my opinion he said it without the boards permission because he was under pressure with an injury crisis and a severely underperforming team for several months. He would have been out in the media publically saying he needs a rebuild to A) Force the issue with the board and B) save his own reputation.

There's no way he went to multiple interviews with the boards backing saying we are going to be doing lots of business this summer knowing that funds were tight. 

Managers do it all the time. Sometimes they win, sometimes they dont. 

3 minutes ago, Dusty said:

I think you’ll find he’ll believe anything that paints Rodgers in a negative light.

So you think the masterplan from the board and Rodgers was to promise a rebuild despite knowing we are skint? makes a lot of sense... 

Edit - and i'm not really slating him, he's doing what most managers would do in his position but it looks like its backfired. As I mentioned above, you win some and you lose some when challenging the board in public.

Edited by Dames

Just now, Dames said:

You are not making sense just because it wasn't a solid yes or no I still answered your question and it doesn't invalidate my point.

In my opinion he said it without the boards permission because he was under pressure with an injury crisis and a severely underperforming team for several months. He would have been out in the media publically saying he needs a rebuild to A) Force the issue with the board and B) save his own reputation.

There's no way he went to multiple interviews with the boards backing saying we are going to be doing lots of business this summer knowing that funds were tight. 

Managers do it all the time. Sometimes they win, sometimes they dont. 

That is all a ficiton of your own making without any basis in fact, and for me, I have way more respect for Top that you do clearly as I do not accept Top would allow Brendan to put words in his mouth nor a hand in his pocket without prior agreement

• Like 2

I'm still fairly on the fence on Brendan Rodgers, tipping a little more towards the notion he's peaked here, but blaming him for the financial situation or the squad being bloated with overpaid fringe players is pretty daft. 

Ultimately the buck stops with Rudkin. 

There's more than one aspect to "recruitment." Whilst we're clearly very good at identifying young talent, we've been very poor for a long time at both negotiation for fees/salaries and in identifying "established" players. 

As good a choice as your Riyads, Kantes, Ndidis and Fofanas were - we've made honking calls on the likes of Slimani, Silva, Praet, Vestergaard, Bertrand, Ghezzal and others. 

And then when it comes to negotiating, we do it like we believe we're small fry. Why did we bend over backwards for guys like Bertrand? Why weren't we telling his agent "if you want 70k a week, go tout him out to one of the newly promoted clubs that are desperate for him. We're offering you a club that's finished fifth two years running and is in Europe." We didn't NEED Bertrand, we didn't NEED Vestergaard, clearly proven by the fact they barely kicked a ball all year. 

But now we're fvcked and can't sign anyone because of them. Why didn't we sign loan players? They were only injury cover, get alternatives in for a year, don't saddle yourself with three or four year contracts for expensive trash. 

We make some absolutely woeful decisions and Rodgers really isn't behind them all. The club collectively at an executive level needs to take some stick for the current state of the squad. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

That is all a ficiton of your own making without any basis in fact, and for me, I have way more respect for Top that you do clearly as I do not accept Top would allow Brendan to put words in his mouth nor a hand in his pocket without prior agreement

I mean its conjecture and i've said its my own opinion but there is basis in fact. We haven't made a single signing so far and every source has been quoted as saying that we are going to be restricted with our business because funds are tight and we need to sell to buy.

I don't know why you're bringing respect for Top into it, that's just completely bizarre. Either way, Top is not Brendans master and does not control everything he says or does. 

Just now, coolhandfox said:

If you are haggling with someone, you don't go around telling people you have loads of money.

You tell them you can't afford it.

Can't believe people don't get this simple premise lol

That's all well and fine but there was a prior agreement in place for a somewhat reasonable fee so they know we can afford it because its a number that was agreed upon by the two parties.

If we can get him cheaper great but unless Leipzig are desperate I can't see them standing for it after having an agreement in place. The same as we are with Torino and Praet. 

5 minutes ago, NasPb said:

Absolutely shameful we can't sign this lad for 14 million. We're paying for our errors of last summer. Two Rodgers sized errors

Or we just don't want to pay 14m, maybe we think we can get him for 7-8m 

Mad how desperate Leicester fans are to talk shite about arguably the best manager we've ever had. 

He manages the squad he's given. The questions need to be asked to Top and Rudkin.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Scanchez said:

I have a bad feeling that we'll start next season with the same squad + 1 CB on loan at the last minute.

I know that's quite pessimistic but everything seems SO quiet.

This will happen... less the loan cb

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm still fairly on the fence on Brendan Rodgers, tipping a little more towards the notion he's peaked here, but blaming him for the financial situation or the squad being bloated with overpaid fringe players is really not something to blame him for. 

Ultimately the buck stops with Rudkin. 

There's more than one aspect to "recruitment." Whilst we're clearly very good at identifying young talent, we've been very poor for a long time at both negotiation for fees/salaries and in identifying "established" players. 

As good a choice as your Riyads, Kantes, Ndidis and Fofanas were - we've made honking calls on the likes of Slimani, Silva, Praet, Vestergaard, Bertrand, Ghezzal and others. 

And then when it comes to negotiating, we do it like we believe we're small fry. Why did we bend over backwards for guys like Bertrand? Why weren't we telling his agent "if you want 70k a week, go tout him out to one of the newly promoted clubs that are desperate for him. We're offering you a club that's finished fifth two years running and is in Europe." We didn't NEED Bertrand, we didn't NEED Vestergaard, clearly proven by the fact they barely kicked a ball all year. 

But now we're fvcked and can't sign anyone because of them. 

We make some absolutely woeful decisions and Rodgers really isn't behind them all. The club collectively ay at an executive level needs to take sole stick for the current state of the squad. 

I said the same things in the recruitment thread. Its a problem that predates Rodgers. 

We need some experience at board level, especially when it comes to negotiating contracts, the writing has been on the wall since we gave Matty James 40k a week for 3 years.

• Like 2

Just now, AKCJ said:

Mad how desperate Leicester fans are to talk shite about arguably the best manager we've ever had. 

He manages the squad he's given. The questions need to be asked to Top and Rudkin.

Saving money for next manager 

This “restricted budget” idea is journalists taking Brendan’s “we’re not on Man City’s level” out of context. We operate within our means and always have done…… we’ve got a stacked squad with no European football, and a lot of the squad are on handsome wages…. Of course we need to thin the squad before we get players in. But there’s a catch, the players we want rid of are all out of form, so we really will struggle to shift them out at the prices we want. 

I said that this window would be almost impossible to operate in, due to the fact it’s a short turn around thanks to the WC, and the problem is like I say, we need to shift out players who are on big money, we value highly and they’ve been playing poorly. Not a great recipe for a productive summer really.

• Like 1

Just now, Pliskin said:

This “restricted budget” idea is journalists taking Brendan’s “we’re not on Man City’s level” out of context. We operate within our means and always have done…… we’ve got a stacked squad with no European football, and a lot of the squad are on handsome wages…. Of course we need to thin the squad before we get players in. But there’s a catch, the players we want rid of are all out of form, so we really will struggle to shift them out at the prices we want. 

I said that this window would be almost impossible to operate in, due to the fact it’s a short turn around thanks to the WC, and the problem is like I say, we need to shift out players who are on big money, we value highly and they’ve been playing poorly. Not a great recipe for a productive summer really.

The likes of Perez, Hamza, Bertrand, Vestegaard ( do we value them highly?)

7 minutes ago, Dames said:

That's all well and fine but there was a prior agreement in place for a somewhat reasonable fee so they know we can afford it because its a number that was agreed upon by the two parties.

If we can get him cheaper great but unless Leipzig are desperate I can't see them standing for it after having an agreement in place. The same as we are with Torino and Praet. 

The world is not a static place, the prices reflects the market. 

If we are getting screwed down on price for the likes of Praet, Tielemans we have to do the same when buying. 

Edited by coolhandfox

2 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

The likes of Perez, Hamza, Bertrand, Vestegaard ( do we value them highly?)

I don’t mean value as in their qualities. I mean financially. We paid £15m for Vestegaard, so we will want as close to £15m back as can. 

Just now, Dames said:

I mean its conjecture and i've said its my own opinion but there is basis in fact. We haven't made a single signing so far and every source has been quoted as saying that we are going to be restricted with our business because funds are tight and we need to sell to buy.

I don't know why you're bringing respect for Top into it, that's just completely bizarre. Either way, Top is not Brendans master and does not control everything he says or does. 

Not sure what the basis you refer too is, and we clearly need some outs before in's can occur, both for budgetary reasons and for squad space, and getting players out is Rudkin

The whole thing is going to be holisitic I reckon, like

BR: "Jon, we need to raise some cash, can we ship out X, Y, Z and raise some cash over the Summer?"

JR: "Fec off Rodge, X, Y sure, but keep Z, we can ship out V and W though, and I reckon we can raise 30-40m, maybe more if we ship out that Belgian Arsenal fan"

BR "Top, JR says the rats will be gone and reckons we can even get nearly 50-60m if Youri goes too"

TOP: "Alright Rodge, Jon, so max spend of 80m as I will top it up 20m"

JR/BR/TOP engage in group hug and high fives

This may be based on a true events

• Haha 1