Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ademola Lookman

47 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The weird thing is, he played right wing in 2018/19 and had an excellent season. His underlying stats were exceptional and then they converted him to a left wing back. Bizarre

A lot of players can switch sides both offensively defensively. It just takes a bit of time to get used to the geography and players around you when you switch unless you are regularly changing sides. I felt he did enough last season to at least merit another 12 month loan if we could get it. Useful player to have in the match day squad. 

6 hours ago, Supergray22 said:

A lot of players can switch sides both offensively defensively. It just takes a bit of time to get used to the geography and players around you when you switch unless you are regularly changing sides. I felt he did enough last season to at least merit another 12 month loan if we could get it. Useful player to have in the match day squad. 

....we will either pick him up as the last deal in the window or bring him back on loan with an obligation to buy!!!

He was picked ahead of Barnes and Perez at times.

I am not convinced by him but he has a knack of.scoring goals.  I would be worried if he played against us. But I prefer Barnes.

He is in the realm of much better than mediocre but below mind-blowing class.  If he had not played for us (or Everton) he would be transfer gossip with West Ham, Everton and Leicester showing an interest.

So he will probably end up at West Ham.  Or Southampton. 

• Like 2

He's 24. The same age as Barnes and only a year older than KDH. We could almost certainly get him for an absolute steal and he's proven to be more than capable to do a job for us. Yes we should have bigger priorities but we are definitely a weaker squad without him. He scored 6 premier league goals. The exact same number as Barnes, Tielemans, Broja, Edouard,Jiminez, Martinelli and Pulisic. 1 more than Firminho, Calvert-Lewin and Daka. Yes there are variables like other competitions etc but he's proven himself to us and we are missing out if we don't get him signed up. He isn't a RW and we still need to get one but we need competition for places. 

Edited by desertfox2
Cl
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....we will either pick him up as the last deal in the window or bring him back on loan with an obligation to buy!!!

I think your right but danger is that someone else comes in. Is he training with us pre season?

I’ll be the first to say it. 

He’s now Nigerian and not English, so will be going to AFCON in January 2024. It isn’t really ideal is it, when we already N’Didi, Amartey, Iheanacho and potentially Daka. 

Edited by Sly
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sly said:

He’s now Nigerian and not English, so will be going to AFCON in January 2024. It isn’t really ideal is it, when we already N’Didi, Amartey, Iheanacho and potentially Daka. 

Nah he’s worth it if the price is right.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sly said:

I've always wondered where people take that magic apostrophe from in Ndidi's name

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

But the price is only right if its low enough to let us buy a first choice right winger. He's not good enough to be that. 

He's not good enough to consistently keep Perez and Albrighton out of the side, that's a problem. 

I quite liked Lookman, especially as an option on the left. He's exactly the quality of player we should have as our depth, he's the quality of player we should have in the bench or able to cover for injuries. 

He isn't going to improve our starting eleven all that much. 

This 100%.

I really, really like him. But he's not keeping Barnes out of the side, and as you said he's not even keeping Perez and Albrighton out.

If we had the money we should sign him in a heartbeat. Sadly it doesn't seem that we do. 

That said, we don't know what he's been told by us. I hope we're savvy enough to have let him know our plans and how we're going to play it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not said anything about wanting to come back to us , so must assume he is happy to push on at Leipzig. We have no cover for Barnes so he had better maintain his form and fitness or Daka will be playing on the left.

39 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Not said anything about wanting to come back to us , so must assume he is happy to push on at Leipzig. We have no cover for Barnes so he had better maintain his form and fitness or Daka will be playing on the left.

You could be right. But i'd be amazed if he isn't back at the KP by the end of the window, one way or another...

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

He wasn’t involved at all in Leipzig’s friendly vs Southampton the other day, not even on the bench

If the price was right I'd more be more than happy to have him back as a back up to Barnes. 

Guest Col city fan
4 minutes ago, Sly said:

Convenient isn’t it! 

I thought he was one of our better players last season. It’s a huge shame we can’t keep him.

But we’re ok. Lookman has left and we still have Vestie, Amartey, Soumare and Bertrand…

:frusty: