Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ademola Lookman

4 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I thought he was one of our better players last season. It’s a huge shame we can’t keep him.

But we’re ok. Lookman has left and we still have Vestie, Amartey, Soumare and Bertrand…

:frusty:

I really liked him as well. Fingers crossed we still get him. Only a young lad.

Shame. I thought he was good competition for Barnes. But there are others of similar price range and ability for the left wing. It's that elusive right wing that we need to concentrate on finding the right player for as priority.

Cover on the left wing is desirable, and we do need backup for Barnes, but I feel finding a Lookman alternative won't be as hard as finally finding a suitable successor to Mahrez. 

• Like 1

Just now, moore_94 said:

I expect we are probably going to try and get that Diop from Monaco anyway, so would be no need for Lookman

People in Monaco have enough money right? I’m sure they will accept 20 Duty free silk cuts.

• Haha 1

Why do people want us to sign Lookman as back up when our right wing is the main problem.

So your all happy with Albrighton and Perez on the right.

I'd rather we got that right winger in.

We have cover for Barnes. Albrighton before you all start he was good enough on the left to win us the league.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

He brought a good amount of goals and assists from out wide which other than Barnes has not been that easy to get from our wingers, we do need to bring in at least 1 other winger.

Diop and Noni :thumbup:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

We have cover for Barnes. Albrighton before you all start he was good enough on the left to win us the league.

That was 6 years ago now mate...

Albrighton didnt magically avoid ageing 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He brought a good amount of goals and assists from out wide which other than Barnes has not been that easy to get from our wingers, we do need to bring in at least 1 other winger.

Need 2 now. Absolutely desperate for a right winger and while Lookman is better on the left, his performances on the right were far better than people gave him credit for. Plus he's home grown, still pretty young (certainly having a settled team will be massive for his development) and pretty cheap.

Not gutted by this but logically this is a big miss for us.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He does but he doesn't really suit our problem area which is RW.

If we could bring in a RW and Lookman I'd be all for it. 

But if it was a choice between him and a natural RWer, I'd prefers a RW.

People forget Lookman scored a decent amount of goals for us.

Where the HELL are those goals going to come from?

This season....yep. panic stations. 

Edited by Tanya
  • Like 3

Thought we'd at least get this one done, would've been a decent option off the bench with the increased subs imo. 

As things stand, it looks like we are going into Game 1 with a squad that's actively weaker than the squad we finished last season with, not ideal. 

• Like 4

At the start of the window Lookman felt like a back stop option if we couldn’t attract better.

Now he feels like a bright shining beacon of hope in a depressing transfer window.

He isn’t the kind of signing that will transform us to the next level, but would have added much needed competition in an area where we have few options. 

We probably needed better but, given our current predicament, we wouldn’t have got better this window or the next.