Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ademola Lookman

Just now, EnderbyFox said:

Thought we'd at least get this one done, would've been a decent option off the bench with the increased subs imo. 

As things stand, it looks like we are going into Game 1 with a squad that's actively weaker than the squad we finished last season with, not ideal. 

That’s very true.

I suppose the only shining light is that at least a few of them aren’t playing on one leg 

6 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Albrighton needs to be moved on...he was embarrassing in pre-season. Age has caught up with him

Dont think we need to be that drastic about Sharky.

Yes, he shouldn't have to play a major role in the squad anymore, but I dont think hes on particularly high wages, especially since his last extension, but in a summer where we could potentially lose Kasper, its vitally important that he stays with us.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Why do people want us to sign Lookman as back up when our right wing is the main problem.

So your all happy with Albrighton and Perez on the right.

I'd rather we got that right winger in.

We have cover for Barnes. Albrighton before you all start he was good enough on the left to win us the league.

....Lookman was effective cover for Barnes but ineffective on the right!!!

Could be an assist machine, just need to make the right decisions. The RW is our problem, there is always some reason why we have not focused on solving this puzzle.

Good luck to him. He doesn't really seem to have settled anywhere and I thought this could have been the place for him but obviously circumstances have dictated otherwise. 

I have sort of made my peace with the fact that we're not going to be doing a great deal of business this window but if our wide options for the season are Barnes, Perez and Magic Marc I'll be disconsolate.

Unfortunately with how our squad currently is a back up winger with our current needs is about 4th in our requirements?

We need a few players to leave before we can even really look at adding to our squad and even then those spaces being made available need to be going to a right winger and a left centre back first

I expect if it was later in the window, he was still available, and we had the space we would then have considered him, but even then there are now decent links with Diop

• Like 2

Last year, we were in Europe and needed a big squad. This year we aren't and need a smaller squad.

Perfect scenario was some season long loans to help with numbers but with no long term commitment - such as Lookman.

(It was just a shame he was the only one, and we didn't go that route for CB cover when Fofana went down).

We have too many players as it is - so I think he would only have been an option if we'd have managed to shift contracts. But we haven't. So I think it boils down to the fact that we just don't have room for him at the moment, and in my view, he's not a player worth risking FFP over...

• Like 1

I think this is good news in light of the window so far 

he was not an improvement and I would much rather if we are only signing one or two players that they be significant upgrades rather than just options or squad improvements ……I hope 😂

38 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Why do people want us to sign Lookman as back up when our right wing is the main problem.

So your all happy with Albrighton and Perez on the right.

I'd rather we got that right winger in.

We have cover for Barnes. Albrighton before you all start he was good enough on the left to win us the league.

I think the general consensus was clear that signing Lookman would be desirable however it would be a low priority with GK,RW and CB ahead in priorities.  

Edited by The Blur

We are going into the season weaker than when we ended last season.

Ade is decent and cheap and actually scores goals unlike Marc.

This window can get in the bin. I have zero confidence going into this season. How demoralising this must be for the lads. 

1 minute ago, Old Fox said:

I think this is good news in light of the window so far 

he was not an improvement and I would much rather if we are only signing one or two players that they be significant upgrades rather than just options or squad improvements ……I hope 😂

Well yes - exactly this. He’s the: “…. he’ll do …” option if we end up having a totally frustrating disaster of a transfer window.

The problem is all the evidence suggests  that’s precisely the type of window we’re going to have. So, not signing Lookman, feels like a disaster right now 

Feel like it's daft that we haven't bought him.

Cheap, used to the squad and provided cover out wide where we currently have no depth. In fact he probably starts for us if Tielemans goes and we play Maddison and KDH centrally.

I would rather have Diop than Lookman so I'm not that worried. Lookman sparkled on many occasions but really struggled especially when the team were changing formations mid-game.

It’s going to be Maddison starting on the right wing not Albrighton or Perez.

I don’t like not building the side round Maddison as a number 10, but it was clear from the end of last season it’s going to be 4-3-3 going forward with Maddison on the right