Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ademola Lookman

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

As long as we sign a right winger who can also play left wing (if Barnes is out and then deploy Maddison/Perez/Albrighton on the right) then I'm just about ok with this.

We'll see a flurry of last minute dealings when the loans start getting done. I'm sure we'll get a winger in, how good though... who knows. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....Lookman was effective cover for Barnes but ineffective on the right!!!

Could be an assist machine, just need to make the right decisions. The RW is our problem, there is always some reason why we have not focused on solving this puzzle.

My point exactly. But people say buy Lookman as cover for Barnes. When what we need is the other side of the pitch.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Unfortunately with how our squad currently is a back up winger with our current needs is about 4th in our requirements?

We need a few players to leave before we can even really look at adding to our squad and even then those spaces being made available need to be going to a right winger and a left centre back first

I expect if it was later in the window, he was still available, and we had the space we would then have considered him, but even then there are now decent links with Diop

Decent links with Newcastle maybe, haven't seen anything recent about us - am I missing something?!  Please tell me I am missing something.  

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He scored six league goals, most of which came in losses. I'm fairly sure a combination of Ricardo and Perez playing in that position would mange to muster up about 5 goals minimum. 

It's shame we couldn't keep him as what he'd cost, it was pretty risk verse and he had a positive attitude. 

When you consider the following you are probably right;

Lookman: 6 goals  (1454 minutes) 

Perez:      2 goals, 3 Assist ( 441 minutes)

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

As long as we sign a right winger who can also play left wing (if Barnes is out and then deploy Maddison/Perez/Albrighton on the right) then I'm just about ok with this.

Why do we need a winger that can play on the left. If your going to use Albrighto to replace him if we lose Barnes.

If Albrightons good enough to play he's good enough to fill his 15/16 position.

7 minutes ago, Sampson said:

It’s going to be Maddison starting on the right wing not Albrighton or Perez.

I don’t like not building the side round Maddison as a number 10, but it was clear from the end of last season it’s going to be 4-3-3 going forward with Maddison on the right

You'r probably right, I'm just hoping you aren't. It's depressingly boring. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Decent links with Newcastle maybe, haven't seen anything recent about us - am I missing something?!  Please tell me I am missing something.  

We were linked a couple of weeks ago again by l’equipe

Newcastle’s only link was Media Foot and it looks to have died down very quickly

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He scored six league goals, most of which came in losses. I'm fairly sure a combination of Ricardo and Perez playing in that position would mange to muster up about 5 goals minimum. 

It's shame we couldn't keep him as what he'd cost, it was pretty risk verse and he had a positive attitude. 

Pretty sure Perez still holds a record whereby none of his goals for us in the league if you removed them would make a difference to the result 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I would rather have Diop than Lookman so I'm not that worried. Lookman sparkled on many occasions but really struggled especially when the team were changing formations mid-game.

Irrelevant as you’re getting neither.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Why do we need a winger that can play on the left. If your going to use Albrighto to replace him if we lose Barnes.

If Albrightons good enough to play he's good enough to fill his 15/16 position.

First and foremost we need a new right winger, if that right winger can cover on the left that's a bonus as you'll find that Maddison will slot in there if we want to play 4-3-3 with a midfield 3 of KDH, Ndidi and Tielemans. Albrighton hasn't played on the left for us for years, why? I can only assume he's not good enough for that position in the system and style we now play but it wouldn't be the first time Rodgers made a gaff. Perez has never played on the left for us I don't think, therefore some bonus cover would be nice but not at the overall quality of the signing we require for that right wing spot. Really we need 2 new wingers minimum, our choice out wide is worse than some Championship clubs.

He worked hard for the team but I was never that sold by him. He had a couple of moments but he blew hot and cold too much. Also, he was pretty useless on the right so it will never work as Barnes will always be first choice. That said, I wouldn’t have minded him becoming a squad player but I think it’s clear that we don’t have the finances for that.