Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ademola Lookman

11 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

He was a left winger, definitely would have been of value had we been in Europe to give Barnes pressure to perform but under present circumstances. I think the player will go on and get better and better personally and we may regret it

Solid player but 25 in October and don't see his ceiling being much higher than what it is now. His output was pretty good but I never thought he could beat a man 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Cba scrolling through this thread so please answer these riddles three...

1 - How much would he cost?

2 - What sort of wages are we talking?

3 - Does he want to move?

1. Irrelevant as not coming here

2. irrelevant as not coming here

3. irrelevant as not coming here

4. Those aren’t riddles 

Struggling to understand this, if only one player was to arrive it had to be him. We’ve got to get someone in now that can do what he did I think we’ll struggle to be honest. I don’t slag off the club much but this is a mistake. 

Edited by dannythefox
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Struggling to understand this, if only one player was to arrive it had to be him. We’ve got to get someone in now that can do what he did I think we’ll struggle to be honest. I don’t slag off the club much but this is a mistake. 

Rather than a right winger?
A replacement for Schmeichel?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

We have two players who regularly play on the right wing, without Ade we only have Harvey who plays on the left. He can't play every minute of every match. Remember we never actually replaced Gray when he left. 

• Haha 1

Congerton clearly a big fan. 

Now if we’d not effed up and been left with players we can’t sell (superb Congerton recommendations no doubt) then a player like Lookman would have been decent, small fee and can play right or left with good quality backup. 

It is what it is. 

1 minute ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

He was only ok.  Quite a lot of the time, he was completely absent.

If Perez played the same amount, he probably wouldn’t have been too far off stats wise to what Lookman produced.

He’s cheap for a reason.

The thing is though Perez is someone who comes on and scores when we are already on top in a game. Lookman is a player who can make something happen for us to win a match (the Liverpool match being a prime example). 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Keeper news has only just been talked about in the last few days. At 15m well struggle to get anyone in for that price. Need some loans in to help us out now 

Sad because he worked harder than Barnes whilst still delivering some end product, and if Harvey gets properly injured we are short of pace on the wings.

I hope Lookman settles somewhere, he deserves some stability.

Edited by Vardinio'sCat
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dames said:

The club need to pull their finger out because if Barnes gets injured for any decent chunk of the season (which happens a fair bit) then our wide options are appalling. 

That's why we've been playing 352 for one half and 4231 in the other for most games.

We don't have wide options, we won't get wide options, but we do have good strikers and good wingbacks. 352 saved our season in 20/21 as it brought out the best in Iheanacho and got us to the Cup final. We look our best in 4231 but at the end of the day winning is winning, it doesn't really matter what the formation is.

So expect to see that formation both to close out games (which I personally hate by the way), but also if we get injuries to wingers. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1