Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ademola Lookman

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Pretty sure Perez still holds a record whereby none of his goals for us in the league if you removed them would make a difference to the result 😂😂😂

Sheffield Utd away when Vards kicked the corner flag?

I think  🤔 

• Thanks 1

Slightly disappointed to see him not come here permanently, six goals was a decent contribution from a backup winger.

The wing position has to be our biggest priority, if we can eventually move some fringe players on, then the focus has to be on the wings. 

We don’t need a LCB unless Soyuncu goes, we don’t need a CM unless Tielemans goes, but we do need wingers...desperately.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Slightly disappointed to see him not come here permanently, six goals was a decent contribution from a backup winger.

The wing position has to be our biggest priority, if we can eventually move some fringe players on, then the focus has to be on the wings. 

We don’t need a LCB unless Soyuncu goes, we don’t need a CM unless Tielemans goes, but we do need wingers...desperately.

Wingers suggest a lone striker. Daka and Iheanacho are uncomfortable on their own and Vardy is 36 next birthday. This system relies on Maddison acting as a support striker. He has to play in an advanced position which means Tielemans or somebody very similar is vital.

15 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

He's off to Italy to play for Atalanta 

Thats sky sports for you then I was just flicking through channels and heard it on the transfer show.

shows how much they know then 🤣

• Like 1

Absolutely blows my mind that we don't have a stand out right winger, we still might lose a world class centre midfielder and our only proven keeper wants to leave and people are annoyed that we didn't prioritise spending something in the region of 15m (which looks like a LOT of money right now) on a "backup to Barnes." lol 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, rachhere said:

We have two players who regularly play on the right wing, without Ade we only have Harvey who plays on the left. He can't play every minute of every match. Remember we never actually replaced Gray when he left. 

Perez is generally slated on here, let’s not rewrite that just because of a couple of good performances at the back end of last season.

Albrighton is a legend but hasn’t done much on the right wing for some time and is now a year older. The right side is far more important a position to fill before we look at a backup to Barnes. Ideally I’d buy two wingers.

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Absolutely blows my mind that we don't have a stand out right winger, we still might lose a world class centre midfielder and our only proven keeper wants to leave and people are annoyed that we didn't prioritise spending something in the region of 15m (which looks like a LOT of money right now) on a "backup to Barnes." lol 

Because he still did a decent job on the right, certainly much better than people make out, gave us more options, is home grown, cheap, only going to get better with some stability.

The squad is weaker without him and that's the danger of loaning players and not snapping them up.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Because he still did a decent job on the right, certainly much better than people make out, gave us more options, is home grown, cheap, only going to get better with some stability.

The squad is weaker without him and that's the danger of loaning players and not snapping them up.

I think you're missing the point significantly mate to be fair. 

It's not about whether or not he'd have been a useful squad member, it's the fact that we can't even afford to sign our top priorities at the moment, we're clearly not going to sign squad filler as back up. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It's not about whether or not he'd have been a useful squad member, it's the fact that we can't even afford to sign our top priorities at the moment, we're clearly not going to sign squad filler as back up. 

I think if we signed him  he would start on the right. He did fine there, better than our current options and had the flexibility to play on the other wing. He looks much more threatening than a lot of our other wide players.

This is the first time ive truly felt demoralised this summer. Something is truly amiss. Im glad we are not doing an Everton and signing more dross but Ade is a proven PL and I would rathee he be here than so-called darling Praet. Now we are weaker than before with no wingers bar Barnes and may play the dreaded 3 at the back.

Wake me when next season is over.

4 minutes ago, Tanya said:

I think if we signed him  he would start on the right. He did fine there, better than our current options and had the flexibility to play on the other wing. He looks much more threatening than a lot of our other wide players.

This is the first time ive truly felt demoralised this summer. Something is truly amiss. Im glad we are not doing an Everton and signing more dross but Ade is a proven PL and I would rathee he be here than so-called darling Praet. Now we are weaker than before with no wingers bar Barnes and may play the dreaded 3 at the back.

Wake me when next season is over.

I don't think he was that proven at our level to be honest, I was distinctly under whelmed by him especially when he played on the right. Perez is a better fit playing on the right for us and, I'll be honest, I think it's a better use of our resources (if Tielemans is staying) to have KDH with Youri in the middle ahead of Ndidi and have Madders on the right than have any of Lookman, Perez or Sharky out there. 

That's not to say it'd be my preference to have Madders on the right but it's the way we get our best players on the pitch. 

Lookman was just "OK." And it doesn't matter how cheap he might have been, if he cost enough to stop us maybe signing -say - Madueke or CDK then he cost far too much, even if that was only 50p or as Babs put it a pack of jelly beans or whatever. The actual amount isn't important, that we can't afford it is. 

14 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

No, I don't think I am. Transfer money isn't the problem anyway but the wage bill. Of course I'd rather we sign a right winger of quality because that's been a priority for about 5 years, even when Mahrez was still here and it's embarrassing we've never properly plugged that gap. But even if we get that, which makes the team better and the squad as a whole slightly better, we still have no adequate back up for said winger or Barnes. £15m for somebody who we know will do a decent job, if not better, and can play across a few positions would be a no brainer. It's unlikely we'd get a better player for that kind of money and end up with some dross instead, that we then can't shift or make a loss on. 

Im our current team, Lookman would still be the best option on the right (unless you want to shunt Maddison out there), so we have a weaker first team and squad than we did last year.

I said it earlier but I'm not gutted by it emotionally speaking, as like you, I hope that we could finally get a good right winger and another winger to play on either side at the same level as Lookman, but logically, it's a big miss from us as getting somebody we know is reliable at that price seems hard to replicate.

People can’t stick there head in the sand but where we are at in not being able to sign anyone and the fact all these players we can’t move on because someone gave them a massive safety ( to much money )  net is going to destroy this club , 

• Haha 1

without being too harsh, he was the one decent squad player we had the whole of last season… with the exception of mendy (who couldn’t even play the first half) 

Hes the type of squad player we lack to progress and if we had him the 2 seasons before we might have had a player who could have helped us get a few extra games over the line and into the champions league. 

It hurts that he’s been the one we’ve had to lose out on while the rest of the squad players sit around collecting cash 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Dames said:

The club need to pull their finger out because if Barnes gets injured for any decent chunk of the season (which happens a fair bit) then our wide options are appalling. 

We just switch to a formation with 2 strikers and get the width from fullbacks.

13 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

That's why we've been playing 352 for one half and 4231 in the other for most games.

We don't have wide options, we won't get wide options, but we do have good strikers and good wingbacks. 352 saved our season in 20/21 as it brought out the best in Iheanacho and got us to the Cup final. We look our best in 4231 but at the end of the day winning is winning, it doesn't really matter what the formation is.

So expect to see that formation both to close out games (which I personally hate by the way), but also if we get injuries to wingers. 

The 352 should be outlawed. Whilst we do have another striker on the pitch we also have another cb to account for the slow build up play that Brendan loves and that formation makes us so easy to play against. More often than not we are relying on a bit of magic or a really in form striker to take their only chance of the game. 

• Like 2