Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ademola Lookman

1 hour ago, Bournemouth fox said:

See we lost out Again 

Not sure you can lose out on something that you didn’t take part in?

Lookman was clearly never a priority.

With our bloated squad, I tend to agree….how many CM’s can a 25 man squad have? Surely, we’re about two too heavy and about four that clearly aren’t in Rodgers plans in Mendy, Hamza, Praet, Soumare?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

When we played Man U at home last season with Timmy and Ricardo we were brilliant (although, they were poor that day) - so it can work effectively, just like it did in 20/21. 

It didn't work effectively, we had a good run in the cup and discovered Iheanacho was good behind closed doors.. but more than half of that season was still with a back four, towards the end after the switch it all started to unravel being 0-4 down at home to Newcastle and it was lucky to be just 4, Spurs in the final match just torn to shreds and that setup was much to blame.

11 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

If barnes is injured or goes then we are stuffed.  Taking lookman was derisked.  Big mistake imo

Probably have to switch formation from a back four if that was the case, but BR seems keen on using 5 ATB this season anyway. 

Money best spent elsewhere, not a bad player but not going to propel us forward. he’d end up in our deadwood pile in a years time imo and just another player we need to ship out 

11 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

If barnes is injured or goes then we are stuffed.  Taking lookman was derisked.  Big mistake imo

Not really - we have options in the squad I would much rather us have spent any money we have on first choice players - he was no better than Perez as a squad player - waste of £14m on a limited budget 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Hales said:

Big mistake to not sign him

a Big mistake would be to sell Fofana, or accept an offer from Coventry for the King power stadium..

he’s good and I would have liked to keep him, but even in our current predicament there will be other wingers that are attainable within the same skill bracket..

Lookman was never a engraved on the team sheet starter so if the club is looking to reduce its overbearing wage burden you get rid of your old high earners and loan players first. That is business, nothing personal.

2 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

It’s a mistake to let him go imo, seemed hungry, put in the effort. Was arguably our best wide player for a spell last season. 

Maybe there is something we don’t know. 

Doesn’t seem like we had much choice if we can’t bring players in 

3 hours ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Agree, I remember KDH saying in a interview that Lookman was always staying after training longer than others.

Doing extra sessions and analyzing his performances with the coaching staff.

Yeah this stuck with me after seeing it. He came across as a really good pro generally but this reinforced it. If it weren’t for our squad size issues I think it’d already be done honestly. It’s a shame. 

But if we ignore squad size problems we have right now… we really need Lookman AND a right winger. It’s pretty obvious. Need to shrink how many surplus midfielders we have to fit that in though. 

Edited by FoxesWalk