Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ademola Lookman

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

Dafuc. So we spent most of pre-season practicing 4-3-3 and then because of one injury we resort to 5-3-2. Does not sound like the best planning. And why not just use the guys we have? Albrighton, Perez and Praet could all play a few games on the flank. Lookman would have been a nice squad player, but the squad is bloated with players our manager refuses to use, so we could not sign him. Its really all a bit concerning.

3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Come on Brendan, if there was a reason why any of the others could not have come on then you should say so, but Lookman would have been a weird sub too

Why would Lookman be a weird sub? Someone with pace on the counter would have been ideal.

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Why would Lookman be a weird sub? Someone with pace on the counter would have been ideal.

Whilst I agree, the more important subs to be made were to bring off Ndidi (pretty sure  he didn’t play 90 mins in pre-season) and Madders who was blowing after 70 mins.

Mendy and Perez coming on would have made a much bigger difference than Lookman unless Rodgers didn’t go 3511 to begin with.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Seriously Brendan ... really strange to say it now that you would of loved lookman yesterday against Brentford when you didn't mention his name all summer 

Perhaps he was telling Rudkin and Top he wanted him.

Had he gone public and said he wanted him but the club wouldn't sanction it then there would have been plenty pilling in with comments about how he was getting his excuses in early.

He can't win with some people.

See above ;)

Edited by hackneyfox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Seriously Brendan ... really strange to say it now that you would of loved lookman yesterday against Brentford when you didn't mention his name all summer 

Apart from when he said at the end of the season

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/05/17/leicester-consider-14m-bid-make-ademola-lookman-deal-permanent/

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, moore_94 said:

As I say he can't win.

Someone earlier, on here or BR, was praising Steve Cooper for being honest and saying they were beaten by a better side. This place (or BR) would explode if Rodgers said something like that. He gets slaughtered for pointing out that it's difficult to compete with teams with a higher turnover than ours.

Edited by hackneyfox
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

As I say he can't win.

Someone earlier, on here or BR, was praising the Steve Cooper for being honest and saying they were beaten by a better side. This place )or BR) would explode if Rodgers said something like that. He gets slaughtered for pointing out that it's difficult to compete with teams with a higher turnover than ours.

As well as lower, it appears. 

• Sad 1

BR said he wanted a CB last summer after Fofana’s injury and Top got him the player he’d admired for some time, Vestergaard. 

He’s been consistently backed in the transfer window to the point now we have an overblown squad with too many substandard players on high wages. 

A supporter of BR but this kind of comment is getting increasingly grating, especially off the back of his ridiculous sub in the previous match. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

As I say he can't win.

Someone earlier, on here or BR, was praising the Steve Cooper for being honest and saying they were beaten by a better side. This place )or BR) would explode if Rodgers said something like that. He gets slaughtered for pointing out that it's difficult to compete with teams with a higher turnover than ours.

Agree, some people are only hearing what they want to hear. I read the reaction on here to his interview on radio Leicester last week before I had listened to the interview. Then went away and listened to the interview and some of those moaning on here were reporting a complete misrepresentation of what was actually said with a few lies thrown in to try and validate their arguments against him. 

I haven’t got a problem with people questioning tactics etc but some of the stuff written on here is complete and utter guff. 

Edited by Vlad the Fox
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

Whose horse is that?

Ah, we are doing the horse metaphor!

Mate I know yo reckon peeps are all sheep and Brendan is a donkey...

We get it. But there you are in every thread and it’s not really proportionate.

We are a small club financially to PL opposition top 6-8 standards, and yet still punching big for our weight.

It’s not all going our way.

The manager has faults.

The manager has other complications as to who he can play and can’t play as if they get injured he can’t sell the ****ers!

There’s dissatisfaction at the club on loads of levels in terms of staff being happy with their lot and prospects.

We get it. 

We also get you are unhappy as your hate for BR is in every thread you post in.

Perspective and chill please bredrin!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Nick said:

Ah, we are doing the horse metaphor!

Mate I know yo reckon peeps are all sheep and Brendan is a donkey...

We get it. But there you are in every thread and it’s not really proportionate.

We are a small club financially to PL opposition top 6-8 standards, and yet still punching big for our weight.

It’s not all going our way.

The manager has faults.

The manager has other complications as to who he can play and can’t play as if they get injured he can’t sell the ****ers!

There’s dissatisfaction at the club on loads of levels in terms of staff being happy with their lot and prospects.

We get it. 

We also get you are unhappy as your hate for BR is in every thread you post in.

Perspective and chill please bredrin!

There you go. Does that feel better?

Not sure how love for my club can be interpreted as hate for Brendan. I don’t hate the guy, I think he’s a useless fraud dragging us down. That’s not hate, it’s my opinion on a forum which people can take or leave. 

I want the best for our club mate. Do you think Brendan is that right now?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

There you go. Does that feel better?

Not sure how love for my club can be interpreted as hate for Brendan. I don’t hate the guy, I think he’s a useless fraud dragging us down. That’s not hate, it’s my opinion on a forum which people can take or leave. 

I want the best for our club mate. Do you think Brendan is that right now?

You do keep hammering it though and it gets tiresome.

11 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

"lack of options contributing to the 2-2 draw with Brentford." We had plenty of options, its Rodgers who chose not to use them. I really like Lookman and thought we should've got him, but him not being here hasn't contributed to us losing a 2 goal lead and dropping 2 points. That's on Rodgers.

• Like 1