Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ademola Lookman

18 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

I don't think they're necessarily writing him off, but first and foremost, we need players in particular positions. There will only be a certain amount of funds and we have to prioritise. 

We need an alternative option to Barnes on the left. He is that. Barnes has had lots of injuries and hasn’t got the consistency to be trusted as the only option. Lookman is cheap, can play in 3 positions and has been much better than Barnes. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

We need an alternative option to Barnes on the left. He is that. Barnes has had lots of injuries and hasn’t got the consistency to be trusted as the only option. Lookman is cheap, can play in 3 positions and has been much better than Barnes. 

I don't disagree, however, a lot depends upon how much we have to spend partly. We know that a priority is a right sided attacking player/winger. We also may need a replacement for Tielemans and perhaps even a centre half. Therefore, perhaps 15m on essentially a squad or cover player, dependent on available budget, is at the lower end of the list of priorities? I'm really not knocking Lookman or his efforts by the way because although he's of little use on the right, he's useful on the left. Priority now dictates we need first teamers, not anymore squad players and we need to shift some out before we can give actual squad numbers out.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1

I wonder if we might try and do what Torino are seemingly doing with Praet

Loan for another year but make it an obligation to buy at the end

Lookman has 2 years on his deal at Leipzig still

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Sampson said:

I don't get why so many want to sign him for £15mil "as a rotation option".

Don't get me wrong, I think, as erratic as he is, he's had a pretty good season.

But £15mil is a decent chunk of what we're going to be spending on a winger. That's first team player money. If he cost something like £5-£7mil, absolutely get him in.

I guarantee if we're spending £15mil on Lookman, we're not signing another winger. I'd far rather us try and spend £25mil-£30mil on our usual 1 big signing every summer on the right-wing position.

Lookman and a left footed RW are signing from what I gather so you're wrong pal.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Webbo said:

He's no world beater but he's a decent player. Unless there's someone better lined up, signing him is a no brainer. 

....he should be the last resort to pick up!!!

Let us get the other positions sorted with our limited finances, as I have suggested before, get him on a loan with an obligation to buy.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

But there's something about his body language that screams schoolboy - 'can I have my ball back please?' Why does he look so nervous all the time?

Brendan mentioned when Ademola first came to Leicester and that he's been trying to get him to be more arrogant (not sure if thats the exact word used) on the pitch because he's got the talent and ability to do so.

Lookman seems a very different profile to Barnes. Harvey likes to just beat his man for pace with simple moves like knocking the ball past them while Lookman seems to have a whole box of tricks to choose from.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Brendan mentioned when Ademola first came to Leicester and that he's been trying to get him to be more arrogant (not sure if thats the exact word used) on the pitch because he's got the talent and ability to do so.

Lookman seems a very different profile to Barnes. Harvey likes to just beat his man for pace with simple moves like knocking the ball past them while Lookman seems to have a whole box of tricks to choose from.

Stick with Barnes ,less is more, Lookman has more tricks than Tommy Cooper and most do not work.

2 minutes ago, notnow john said:

Barnes 10 assists this season Lookman zero.

Not really comparable as players, Ade defends much better , doesn't have Harvey's pace but is more tricky in tight spaces. Both are decent goal scorers and are the same age. Harvey is considerably more valuable based on previous performances. Right now we have a choice on wide left which is no bad thing. Use either depending on the opposition. They should consider twenty goals a season between them as an achievable target.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Lookman surely has made some assists? 

5 in total this season if transfermarkt is correct. 

2 in the fa cup and conference league and 1 in the Europa league.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

Subtly put.

1 hour ago, hackneyfox said:

Barnes has been poor most of the season, let's hope he can sort out his 'problem' and return to his pre injury form.

Drinking problem? 

On 13/05/2022 at 17:06, MPH said:

Probably need to make a decision about Lookman sooner rather than later otherwise his ears might start twitching..

Could be better option out there. He is a bit Tommy Cooper lots of tricks but most never seem to come off. Basically he seem to dribble his way into dead ends, less is more.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

Could be better option out there. He is a bit Tommy Cooper lots of tricks but most never seem to come off. Basically he seem to dribble his way into dead ends, less is more.

well that’s fine, we probably just need to make a decision one way or the other for everyone concerned.

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

well that’s fine, we probably just need to make a decision one way or the other for everyone concerned.

It’s up to him as well. Even if we offer him something, would he come here if he doesn’t think he’s a guaranteed starter?

I do like him and think he’s been really useful to have in the squad, but not sure he’s good enough to start for a team aiming to be top six

• Like 1