Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ademola Lookman

Some would say (me included) that we are a top 4-7 chasing team. On that basis alone he's not good enough for the type of quality we should be looking for, especially in players in interchangeable CAM roles that we are seeking to buy.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

If we had £100 million to spend every summer, we might attempt to find better. We have not. Ade has been better than Sancho this season and he cost 75 million. Its very easy on here to spend money we haven't got but Rodgers constantly reminds us of our limited budget. Lookman is as good as most squad players in the league and if £15 million is the price , we should pay it.

This. If we compare him to other wingers in their first season at a club, his stats are actually pretty respectable. Ziyech in his first season at Chelsea was pretty anonymous.

8 hours ago, UHDrive said:

Some would say (me included) that we are a top 4-7 chasing team. On that basis alone he's not good enough for the type of quality we should be looking for, especially in players in interchangeable CAM roles that we are seeking to buy.

....are we looking to acquire such players!!!

We seem to have problems getting the balance of the team right and with a team full of interchangeable CAMs it generates options and Rodgers seems to make poor decisions where there are too many options on the table.

22 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....are we looking to acquire such players!!!

We seem to have problems getting the balance of the team right and with a team full of interchangeable CAMs it generates options and Rodgers seems to make poor decisions where there are too many options on the table.

Totally agree with the player recruitment and choices!! Just watched the brentford game and heard that another prem team has slapped an offer for eriksen. He's the type of player we need but his age is an issue.

4 hours ago, Kierzz said:

He's proven throughout the season that he's much better on the left than on the right.

But unfortunately we need a right winger so I dont think we will sign him.

We also need competition on the left wing and a versatile backup for the RW position. 

If we buy him, it won't be instead of a natural RW (I hope).

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

That'd be a steal. What makes you think he'd be so cheap?

Prices seem to be going down rather than up.

I'm not sure we'll sign him now, he's been in and out all season and Rodgers has dragged him off at HT lately when he has started. As an option on the left wing he's useful but my biggest hope for next season is that we don't continue with makeshift options for the right wing which Lookman has been for the most part.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

I'm not sure we'll sign him now, he's been in and out all season and Rodgers has dragged him off at HT lately when he has started. As an option on the left wing he's useful but my biggest hope for next season is that we don't continue with makeshift options for the right wing which Lookman has been for the most part.

The problem always has been that wide right players with a proper pedigree are too expensive. Its no use taking a "punt" on some kid from an much inferior league hoping he will come good , PL defenders will eat him alive. Raphinha or somebody of his ability will cost north of £30 million and I just don't see us spending that sort of money.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

Middle of the road player ! He’s ok but we need better. 

He's very much a left winger. Sometimes can play on the right effectively.

Not someone we want down the middle.

58 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

Liked him before we signed him, has the ability to change a game from the bench in the toughest league in the world. Give him stability to develop even further and it’s a no brainer. Sign him up.

No brainer dependent on price

On 07/05/2022 at 14:23, Sampson said:

I don't get why so many want to sign him for £15mil "as a rotation option".

Don't get me wrong, I think, as erratic as he is, he's had a pretty good season.

But £15mil is a decent chunk of what we're going to be spending on a winger. That's first team player money. If he cost something like £5-£7mil, absolutely get him in.

I guarantee if we're spending £15mil on Lookman, we're not signing another winger. I'd far rather us try and spend £25mil-£30mil on our usual 1 big signing every summer on the right-wing position.

I'm amazed how many people are calling it a no brainer at £15mil. Considered perhaps but no brainer? No brainer is if you're being offered him for probably £5mil.

£15mil is decent money for us. It's this kind of complacency that'll set us back.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Kierzz said:

He's proven throughout the season that he's much better on the left than on the right.

But unfortunately we need a right winger so I dont think we will sign him.

Barnes can’t play every game. Besides, there’s games he just misfires and needs pulling.. and with an injury here and there we certainly need a back up for him.

• Like 2