Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ademola Lookman

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Really torn on this one. Definitely wouldn't buy him as our starting RW. But as a back up for Barnes on the left then he might be worth considering. 

Or we sell Barnes and use the money to buy an upgrade.

On 15/05/2022 at 20:54, An Sionnach said:

The problem always has been that wide right players with a proper pedigree are too expensive. Its no use taking a "punt" on some kid from an much inferior league hoping he will come good , PL defenders will eat him alive. Raphinha or somebody of his ability will cost north of £30 million and I just don't see us spending that sort of money.

Leeds got Raphina for about £18m as a newly promoted club. There are bargains to be found if you look hard enough. 

It's a case of priorities I think really. First and foremost we need a proper right sided winger/forward. Lookman, we have seen, is clearly not that man by a long chalk. 

Secondly the chances are we'll be needing a Tielemans replacement and possibly even a Soyuncu replacement. Even if not the latter, Evans isn't going to play too many games next season. There's also speculation regarding De Ketelaere.

These deals may take up to near the deadline to arrange but are likely to be the priorities. Should Lookman then still be available at a reasonable price, then and only then should he be considered as a squad player, largely as cover or competition on the left. All this is bound to be effected by who we can rid ourselves of also. There's no point in collecting more players for the sake of it, they'll be a limited number of squad places as it is. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

A tactic to negotiate the price and to be fair if we are juggling finances to get 4-5 players in, I can see the uncertainty on Lookman even if he has done well. A right winger is more of a priority.

I hope so mate I really do.

10 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

From that article. Why is this? Have I missed something?

“Funds are limited, however, with Leicester facing financial losses of over £90 million in their accounts for next year.”

2 hours ago, rachhere said:

Surely this is just playing the game to negotiate a price we are happy with?

....he will be the last man in, not much money around, a loan with an obligation to buy would solve a lot of our problems!!!

We need to put our money to work in other more urgent positions.

• Like 1

That's a really tough one. £10m or £20m would be a no brainer either way. I think 14m sounds pretty reasonable, but I just have a gut feeling he'll stagnate and be pretty unspectacular wherever he ends up long term.

Edited by sdb

9 hours ago, stu said:

“Funds are limited, however, with Leicester facing financial losses of over £90 million in their accounts for next year.”

Lack of European TV money and everything that comes with that. 

I’m pretty sure there was a similar article last summer bemoaning how tight finances were and that we’d need to sell to buy, but in the end we didn’t sell anyone of note and still spent a decent amount.

If it is true though you do wonder if Rodgers constant calling for a rebuild is in fact a message to the board.

I imagine the board are delighted by the fact that we need a rebuild when we are £90M in the red this year and spaffed a lot of good money up the wall over the last 3 years on players that Rodgers now wants rid of.

9 hours ago, Sankey93 said:

Summer rebuild and can’t afford Lookman ffs long summer ahead! 

More likely we have other priorities to spend on first.

9 hours ago, stu said:

Unlikely we only lost 67m 2020, 33m 2021, without fans in the ground and COVID losses.

12 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Lack of European TV money and everything that comes with that. 

Next years accounts well still have this season European money as the are for the previous season.

• Like 2